Thread: New Music Files for RTW BI

Default New Music Files for RTW BI

I tried to submit new music files for the campaign backround music. So, I created a folder called music in the subfolder sounds and put some new mp3 files into that folder. After that I changed the text file called "descr_sounds_music" and changed the entries which are responsible for the campaign music for each culture. But after I started the campaign it rings out the old music. I tried any other changes in the descr_sounds_music with no effect. Finally I deletet the complet file to see if any error will apaer. And ? Nothing happen. The file descr_sounds_music is not necessary for the game!! It is just redundantly and changes will not have any effect. The quetion is now: Which text file manage the backround music in the campaign?

It will not help me to describe how I extract the sound files for make changes in the original files. I tried it allredy and it works of course with that methode. But the sounds packs are very big and it makes no sense to create a new 750 Mb music pack with include only changes of ~10-20 Mb for a Mod. There mus be a simple way.

mfg Adorno

Darkragnar's Avatar Member of Ordo Malleus

delete the sounds\event.dat file, only then will u be able to hear ur coustom music, also im assuming ur editing the descr for Bi not RTW and playing Bi.
    Member of the House of Marenostrum
    They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say ****, it's raining!

In which sonds folder I have to delete the event.dat? In The BI\Data or Data (RTW)?