Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: Elven Factions Re-Development

Default Re: Elven Factions Re-Development

Sorry LL. I didnt see that there earlier. I must have been asleep or something. But thats a great idea! Could it also be possible to make it a requirement to "construct" elven landsmeets? It would require the player to clear sections in the deep forest and to erect landmarks so that the elves can use them as meeting locations for festivals, camps, and military routes. Though some elves live in the major settlements, the greater majority of elven people live in small communities far from one another, and separated by the dense forest of mirkwood. Having these constructed could be part of a greater effort to enhance communication, trade, and coordination between the different elven "tribes" of mirkwood. what are your thoughts?

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

But how would that be implemented?

I'm working on the bodyguard now, I held back on the armor on other units but I'm going all out with this unit. Plate armour from head to toe
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Either as an actual "building line" that you must construct at every one of the mirkwood settlements to represent that you have a waymeet in that region (though it would of course be tied to the settlement). Or it could be done as a special event similar to the ones in stainless steel, where you have to pay x-gold in order to send ur priests to a convention. You could pay to have them "constructed". The outcome of the second option is that rather than actually having a physical appearance. It would just check off another objective on your way to recreating a flourishing elven nation.

I prefer the first, but either should work.

Ayleid's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Lux View Post
    But how would that be implemented?

I'm working on the bodyguard now, I held back on the armor on other units but I'm going all out with this unit. Plate armour from head to toe
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Simply, wow. Would +Rep you, but I have to spread it around..

I love the horse's armour, it reminds me of the TES:IV horse armour, which has already been displayed previously. I actually think it really fits with your other concepts of the new Elven units, despite going all out on the armour. Very nice work there man, keep up the great work!

EDIT: Just a quick question; will you include seperate skins for the armour upgrades? The reason I ask is, purely, because I feel that this way you could unlock this renaissance look and feel which you're going for by changing the skins due to new armour upgrades. Presumably being made available by your new Elven event. Just a thought, loving the work still!
    Last edited by Ayleid; September 13, 2010 at 06:38 PM.

Protestant Knight's Avatar Centenarius

Great concept for the bodyguard I like it a lot " I " think the Pauldrons are to much like the one's that Glorfindel as in Battle for Middle Earth-II and " I " would make the final unit a little less spiky though to much like the Witch-King's Armor for "me" I would like to see some mail on it as well nice concept Louis as always
    Last edited by Protestant Knight; September 13, 2010 at 07:01 PM.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Pentecostal Knight View Post
    Great concept for the bodyguard I like it a lot " I " think the Pauldrons are to much like the one's that Glorfindel as in Battle for Middle Earth-II and " I " would make the final unit a little less spiky though to much like the Witch-King's Armor for "me" I would like to see some mail on it as well nice concept Louis as always
    BFME's Glorfindel is actually one of the references I used but I really didn't notice the similarity with the witch kings's armor . I suspect now that WK's armor design is a rehashed elven design

Sorry Louis I wasn't bashing you, I like the concept a lot I just think its to spiky that's it are we cool

Edit. I seriously can't what for this I was just looking at the OP again and I'm so glad this is being done
    Last edited by Protestant Knight; September 13, 2010 at 07:48 PM.

Moneybags14's Avatar Ordinarius

Great project Louis!! can't wait to tryem out

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Pentecostal Knight View Post
    Sorry Louis I wasn't bashing you, I like the concept a lot I just think its to spiky that's it are we cool

Edit. I seriously can't what for this I was just looking at the OP again and I'm so glad this is being done
    I didn't take it that way, I appreciate the feedback and I will draw a different less spiky version to see which one looks best.

edit: what about this design? http://www.john-howe.com/portfolio/g..._id=3448&big=1
    Last edited by Louis Lux; September 13, 2010 at 10:12 PM.

Yarrum's Avatar Ducenarius

I don't think I approve of that last concept.

Ceasar Gubius's Avatar Ducenarius

Wow Louis, this is great! I always thought the Elves were a bit too powerfull. I had always imagined that High Elves of the West being only a tad more powerful then Eriador. While the Silvans of the west, although capable, are isolationists like the JSDF (Japanese Self-Defence Force) . Hence why in the books, the elves were not to eager to get involved in the wars of men, due to their own forces being limited...

I would almost put a unit limit for the certain Elvish units, so that no matter how wealthy/advanced you are, you can't have any more than a couple of Noldor/Silvan heavy units in campaign at a time . Because for the Elves, although capable, numbers who are WILLING to fight are limited...
    RTR RULES!!!!

Can you post a pic?
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_RLAiIu23kK...0/nagamaki.jpg

Here, I think it'll look good

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Yarrum View Post
    I don't think I approve of that last concept.
    It's a work in progress, I think I'll make 3 or 4 drawings before defining the look of the unit.

Will the elves end game objectives be changed in any way? Will they still have the conquer x territories faction objectives? I think it may be more appropriate if both SE and HE had to destroy the orc factions namely factions: mordor, isengard, OOTM, OOG, but more particularly, Mordor.

Will you also be giving back the "assassin" agent to the Elves and at least rename it to something else?

Baron Samedi's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by 3MKA View Post
    Will the elves end game objectives be changed in any way? Will they still have the conquer x territories faction objectives? I think it may be more appropriate if both SE and HE had to destroy the orc factions namely factions: mordor, isengard, OOTM, OOG, but more particularly, Mordor.
    I don't see nothing wong with the current win conditions. As HE you for instance have to take Eregion which is perfectly right and some starting settlements. As SE you have to take Dol Guldur which is also perfect and take the whole Mirkwood region. All of these regions are required in order to restore the ancient realms. As for outliving all the evil factions you mentioned, this can be debated, but for now both factions already have to outlive Mordor which is difficult enough.

Will you also be giving back the "assassin" agent to the Elves and at least rename it to something else?
    For what reason?
    Under the patronage of MasterBigAb

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Samedi View Post
    For what reason?
    Killing enemy spies and "Agents of Sauron" or whatever these cretins are called. I always find them sneaking around Fangorn. In short, counter-intelligence.

YES YES YES!!!!!, this is thes design, this is the thing, the idea that you can name Bodyguards, only one thing, you can add a layer

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Lux View Post
    I didn't take it that way, I appreciate the feedback and I will draw a different less spiky version to see which one looks best.

edit: what about this design? http://www.john-howe.com/portfolio/g..._id=3448&big=1

That one mite work Louis I like it LOLOLOL

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Ceasar Gubius View Post
    I would almost put a unit limit for the certain Elvish units, so that no matter how wealthy/advanced you are, you can't have any more than a couple of Noldor/Silvan heavy units in campaign at a time . Because for the Elves, although capable, numbers who are WILLING to fight are limited...
    That is why I proposed the script that would entice those unwilling elves to go to war. IMO it adds a bit of flavour and does not ruin gameplay like a recruitment limitation that I'm not sure would work.

Worked a bit more on the design, I think it's getting better:

Ellin Athinaios's Avatar Campidoctor

Your design is great (you have a good hand, by the way), but perhaps a bit too much... Personally I would prefer mail, as in the books.