Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Problem with "Save Game and Load Game" in Campaign

Default Problem with "Save Game and Load Game" in Campaign

Hello, i'm using windows XP 64 bits, Rome Total War 1.5, No expansions

My path is: C:\Activision\Rome - Total War

The problem is "i cannot save the game during the campaign" and i have turned off auto-save in preferences.txt, Play_AnyFaction Folder.

In that case, Roma Surrectum 1.6 worked very well for save and load games

But Roma surrectum 2 doesn't.

I lurked some threads here and i found no succesful solution.

Can you help to fix this issue for people is having this smiliar problem?

Sorry, my english language is not native

My regards.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Default Re: Problem with "Save Game and Load Game" in Campaign

What have you done with User Account Control (UAC)?

Which folder did you install the game to?

Is the account that you use on your PC set up as an administrator?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

1) Nothing much since 2 years ago without reformatting my PC.

2) It's C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Rome - Total War.

3) Yes, i am admin.

There a picture what i'm talking about:

Citizen

When the game launched did you start the background script? I've heard that if the script is not started you can't save.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

I really don't know what is the background script, does refer to in-game advisor? i disabled advisor.

I've done as normal.

Simply, i selected Armenia faction and i clicked "Play Roma Surrectum II" appeared a window says its title "Ready?" and i clicked "Yes". That's all.

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I'm having this problem, too. And I know it's not my UAC, because just prior to starting a new campaign, I was saving and loading just fine. I'm reinstalling RTW and RS2 to see if that fixes anything for me.

Citizen

When you start the game does the advisor pop up and your treasury get increased by 1? This will happen even if the advisor is disbaled - it's the way the background script is started. Sometimes you have to click on the advisor. If you load a game up you need to click on a settlement and that will start the advisor to allow the script to be started.

The advice was to not install the game to c:\program files (x86) (for Vista and 7).

Brusilov allow me to step in and help...I was a Beta tester and ran into this same problem myself, I complained numerous times. Brusilov is on the right track...its a weird fishy thing that happens, but here is how I resolved.

1) When you see your Menu page that shows you can't save or load...simply click the "?" button on the top right.
    2) Exit out of the campaign and game...sad to say whatever u did is lost!!!.
    3) Re-launch the launcher...delete map.rwm...save...start the campaign.

This should kick start it...it worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post
    When you start the game does the advisor pop up and your treasury get increased by 1? This will happen even if the advisor is disbaled - it's the way the background script is started. Sometimes you have to click on the advisor. If you load a game up you need to click on a settlement and that will start the advisor to allow the script to be started.

The advice was to not install the game to c:\program files (x86) (for Vista and 7).
    The advisor did pop up and it didn't the background script, didn't you mean that i should to click "show me how" button?

Do i need to move the whole RTW and RS2 files on new folder or reinstall again?

Brusilov allow me to step in and help...I was a Beta tester and ran into this same problem myself, I complained numerous times. Brusilov is on the right track...its a weird fishy thing that happens, but here is how I resolved.

1) When you see your Menu page that shows you can't save or load...simply click the "?" button on the top right.

I followed your steps, it worked and i tested save game and load game. When i load a game: There a pic when the advisor pop out, it says that i need to click "show me how" icon, but it's disabled, isn't normal?

Thanks for your reply

I have a similar prob.

COuldnt save / load; then today I started the game up again, and the boxes were now available; but "show me how" is still greyed out, dunno if the script has been activated.

pardon my ignorance, but what exactly does the script do ?

You dont hit the show me how just click on her face, the advisor will move away and if you watch carefully when you do this your denari will increase by one, if this happens the script has activated so keep a close eye. So simply you will start with 10000, then you hit the advisors face she disappears and you should be left with 10001.

You should do this for every game you play and when ever you reload a game.

Also if you exit a campaign you must exit the whole game and re launch rome or the script wont run, you can load games again but the script will never run with that campaign unless you exit rome totally and restart it up. Im afriad it is hassle but its just how it works, and trust me the script is worth it

hope this solves your problems.

On the script front i am not fully in the know, but in general it balances out that modfoldered campaign. Giving certain factions more or less money so making the game more balanced, that is why it is needed. And i think im right in saying that it also causes CTDs in some cases if it isnt run.

Im sure it does far more then that, but essentially it balances the game so every campaign no matter who you play as is difficult.
    Last edited by Beast Within; September 08, 2010 at 01:16 PM.

Hellhound1's Avatar *Knock Knock*

Quote Originally Posted by JZG_Pedro View Post
    It starts up the rebellions, and keeps other factions in check, keeping their bank balance from going over the top

Quote Originally Posted by JZG_Pedro View Post
    I have a similar prob.

COuldnt save / load; then today I started the game up again, and the boxes were now available; but "show me how" is still greyed out, dunno if the script has been activated.

This is what I posted a few hours ago...

It's working!

Im in XP 32bit, admin. account. So I had this initial prob. , now its fine. What seemed to work for me was to restart the campaign and game, and clicking on the Advisor's face did get me +1 denari (thus activating the script, I hope).

Yep thats the ticket.

Glad we could be of some help

have fun playing

I have the same issue with my Roman campaign. I exited out of the Rome completely as well as the launcher and I started a new campaign but I am unable to save. The script runs but I cannot save. I exited out started a new faction campaign and I was able to save. Exited out and then into the Roman campaign but again I was not able to save the new campaign. I deleted my saved games and I even copied the RSII folders from the install into the my Rome folder but I still cannot save. It is not a UAC/security issue because of the simple fact that I can save another factions game. I have tried all the suggestions, ie. exiting out, then back in, deleting the DVM map and saving, about everything except reinstalling which I really dont want to have to do.

Sorry, just frustrated and I just want find a solution. I will post one if I get it to work if someone else solution works

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

There is a couple of solutions posted in the known issues thread. Try them.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

any solution is useful for me

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

There is 3 ways of solving it in the know issues thread. Are you sure that you have tested them all.
    Also you need admin rights to be able to save correctly.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast