Thread: EOT CTD with different factions causing it.

Default EOT CTD with different factions causing it.

Im on my way out but I'll search when I get back just wanted to let you know whats happening in my case.

With every new 0 turn faction Im getting them at various times but allways EOT and always no matter what I do I cant get past it. Ive gotten as far as 475 with Bosphoros (4TY) and as soon as 445 (I think) with Syracuse. Most of the time it happens at the end of the Roman turn (will pause on the Romans as usual then CTD) but at least 1 game its when Pontic just come up.

I took dkv's advice and have as many as 15 saves, but I think Im saving too often, every 2-5 turns. Ive gone back as far from save 10 to save 1 and just hit end of turn until I get to the same year and CTD.

Thing is Ive gone entire games with only one or 2 CTDs with 1 turn factions and going back a few saves always fixed it. Dont think its a 0 turn problem though.

Time to reinstall?

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Default Re: EOT CTD with different factions causing it.

Hmmmmm...well, we have not had a lot of reports that this sort of thing is happening, unless someone forgot to run the script. But going back to previous saves would fix that. TBH, I have had RTW installs just die for no apparent reason, so it could be that. You could try creating another install of RTW\RS2 and see what happens.

You don't say what exe you are using, and I assume you have made no changes? I have found (personally, on my PC anyway) that Alex behaves 'badly' at times. Why is a mystery to me, but I use BI exclusively as a result, because I have almost '0' problems with it.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

I had this problem too but ctd right after hit end turn. It seem only some faction (eg:Syracuse) got it.

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

Different faction, different year but Same problem as jasper9080 have! The game ( BI / roma surrectum 2.5, free greeks ) CTD on year 592 every time! I load ( among other previous saves ) a game from year 554 and still on year 592 crushes again! I tryed everything, clean all my settlements from any process, check the backround script, reinstall the hall game, nothing! After i push for next turn, the game make every move has left for my faction and then the screen freeze for a few second and finally CTD. I thought that may be the background script that cause it and simply cant find why, so i didnt activate it.. again nothing!

Do you both have Anti-Virus s/w running on your PC(s)? If so, which one(s)?
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    Hmmmmm...well, we have not had a lot of reports that this sort of thing is happening, unless someone forgot to run the script. But going back to previous saves would fix that. TBH, I have had RTW installs just die for no apparent reason, so it could be that. You could try creating another install of RTW\RS2 and see what happens.

You don't say what exe you are using, and I assume you have made no changes? I have found (personally, on my PC anyway) that Alex behaves 'badly' at times. Why is a mystery to me, but I use BI exclusively as a result, because I have almost '0' problems with it.
    Couple of things,

first your suggestion to have ALOT of saves has helped me a great deal in the past.
    sorry for my mistakes in the OP the times were from start of game (4ty) untill about 545 or so, that was a given.
    I am using Bi/Alex.
    I actually tried not running the script and just hitting end turn hoping to get past the year that was causing CTDs to the same result.

I am currently playing the Free Greek campaign and hit a CTD at 554AUC but starting from my last save save fixed it and Im currently at 561 and counting.

Im enjoying the Free Greek game so far. Rome stabbed me in the back but I control that southern island. Pergammon is my greatest threat right now.

Oh, and Macedon? I'll be paying you jerks a visit right soon.

This is the 3rd game, playing different factions 0-turn, where after fighting the Romans for 5-10 years I get EOT CTF. It never seems to fail with the Romans. Getting into a protracted war with any other faction and no problems since the OP but not with the Romans.

I have plenty of saves but they sometimes go back 3 or more years (4yt) which means I lose so much progress its frustrating.