Thread: Editing export_descr_buildings file to reduce "turns to next available unit"

mattttb's Avatar Civis

Default Editing export_descr_buildings file to reduce "turns to next available unit"

As the High Elves I understand the whole ethos of slow recruitment but powerful elite forces, but I really cannot be bothered to wait 20 turns for Eldar Lancers to replenish as they are my only cavalry unit.

I did some research and discovered that the export_descr_buildings file concerns this sort of thing and so I thought I would edit it.

"recruit_pool "Eldar Cavalry" 1 0.12 2 0 requires factions { egypt, } and region_religion orthodox 60"

I attempted changing the second number "0.12" (as I had been told that this was the amount of recruitment points that the unit gained each turn, with 1 point allowing the recruitment of a unit) to a higher value but witnessed no change in replenishment in the campaign.

I'm guessing that this value isn't the only factor affecting the "turns to next available unit" as if you divide 1 by 0.12 you get 8.3 (which in reality means waiting 9 turns), which obviously isn't the same as the 20 turns it takes in the game.

Basically the point of this wall of text is to ask: "How do you reduce the replenishment time for a unit?"

Cheers in advance
    Last edited by mattttb; September 07, 2010 at 10:20 AM.

Baron Samedi's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Editing export_descr_buildings file to reduce "turns to next available unit"

Quote Originally Posted by mattttb View Post
    "How do you reduce the replenishment time for a unit?"
    You were informed right. If you increase the second number you reduce the amount of turns before you can recruit that unit again.

See here for more information on modding the EDB.
    Under the patronage of MasterBigAb

mattttb's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Editing export_descr_buildings file to reduce "turns to next available unit"

Coincidentally, that link was actually where I gained my limited knowledge from

Maybe I did something wrong, because as I explained in my initial post I tried changing the "0.12" to a higher value but nothing happened, the unit took the same amount of time to replenish. I even tried destroying the stables and rebuilding it but still the "turns to next available unit" didn't change.

Anything I might be doing wrong?

Did you started a new campaign? I believe you have to...
    Omnomnom

mattttb's Avatar Civis

good point, I'll try starting a new campaign and see if that does it - not that I would carry on with the new campaign (as I'm a good few turns into my current one) but at least I can see if that's the problem

PaDrE's Avatar Laetus

I have problem with that file. I try to change region's names and after that boom... no any chanse to play campaign

Quote Originally Posted by PaDrE View Post
    I have problem with that file. I try to change region's names and after that boom... no any chanse to play campaign
    You can ask about modding TATW here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...nd-Help-Thread

Necro thread like this one ( four years old.. ) is now closed.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.