Thread: few bugs

Default few bugs

I've just started a campaign as Rome.

Current settings for unit size set to Huge.

im using BI.

I was attacking a town with siege towers and managed to get them at the wall they successfully got onto the wall but then i ordered them off onto the city floor the glitched into a small pile and i could not order them anywhere till the last man was off the wall.

This could be a vanilla bug, but i have played the game before and RS1 and I never encountered that problem before.

the other bug is that my republic legionaries are not using their pilum not throwing it, is there a tech to enable that or is it with selected units at a certain time?

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Default Re: few bugs

Some of the units (legionaries) will get set to 'Fire-at-will' automatically by the formations file. But depending on where they are placed, some won't have that setting enabled. So before I start the battle, I always check each unit. The formations file creates a formation based on a 'pre-conceived' Roman army formation, but the player may often not have units that exactly match that formation. I'm often annoyed that my archers get put up in front of the infantry (or some of them), which makes no sense at all. But the formations file expects 'Velites', most likely, especially in pre_marian armies.

As for the wall bug...yeah, that's a bug in RTW. I really wish that in SOME version of RTW CA had fixed that whole siege tower thing, because it's buggy all the way thru. I just don't use them. I wait for stone throwers.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Hunterbear's Avatar Civis

@Lord Stason - The only other advice based on my experience is to make sure the units using the siege towers have all disembarked the tower before trying to order them down the wall defenses or your pile will never go anywhere because a few stragglers were down on the ground waiting to climb up or still in the tower and climbed down the tower instead of proceeding up as originally order and will usually never find the main gate to join up with their unit. I never rely on siege tower units to reinforce my attacking army. I just use them to gain control of the main gate and plow the rest of my army through and capture the city. It usually takes too long for the units on top of the wall to get off the wall to be of any use taking the middle; its possible but not practical.

And as DKV said make sure to check your units 'fire at will' option, if it isn't on when you attack they won't throw unless you select your unit and select an enemy unit to attack. Having the option off is useful in some situations but not in what you described.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterbear View Post
    @Lord Stason - The only other advice based on my experience is to make sure the units using the siege towers have all disembarked the tower before trying to order them down the wall defenses or your pile will never go anywhere because a few stragglers were down on the ground waiting to climb up or still in the tower and climbed down the tower instead of proceeding up as originally order and will usually never find the main gate to join up with their unit. I never rely on siege tower units to reinforce my attacking army. I just use them to gain control of the main gate and plow the rest of my army through and capture the city. It usually takes too long for the units on top of the wall to get off the wall to be of any use taking the middle; its possible but not practical.

And as DKV said make sure to check your units 'fire at will' option, if it isn't on when you attack they won't throw unless you select your unit and select an enemy unit to attack. Having the option off is useful in some situations but not in what you described.

well i had a cohort stationary with fire at will on and they didnt even use their pilums they ahve the blue ammo bar but wouldnt use them.

Even when i select them to attack a unit they will engage melee without throwing their pilums