Thread: Skins

Default Skins

Because everyone seems to be in this forum, i've posted this here:

So I've downloaded all the skins I want

how do I install them

what files or folders do I place them in?

Shoo! Shooo! Get away! Get over to the modding forum. I refuse to answer any of your questions before you've moved!

Proud member of the fat polar bears from Norway TWC community consisting of me, me and me.

Indefinitely Banned

Moved to the mod workshop.

Yea, thanks a lot, I've already posted in the mod workshop- nobody is there to answer me- can someone just please tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by UnkemptGoose
    Yea, thanks a lot, I've already posted in the mod workshop- nobody is there to answer me- can someone just please tell me.
    as long as its only a new skin and not a total new unit you do the following:

1. create a backup of the ...\rome - tw\data\descr_model_battle.txt
    2. now open the original .txt file and look for the unit you want to modify
    3. every unit comes with at least one skin, the entry looks like this: texture data/models_unit/textures/name.TGA
    4. now look whats the name of the skin-file you've downloaded
    for example: your new skin got the name my_improved_armoured_hoplite_skin.TGA so you go to the greek_armoured_hoplite and exchange the old file name with your new one.
    greek_cities, data/models_unit/textures/unit_greek_elite_hoplite_greek.TGA**
    becomes
    greek_cities, data/models_unit/textures/my_improved_armoured_hoplite_skin.TGA

-because some units have more than one faction who uses them (and therefore different skins) they have the faction name in front of the skin (the orange part)

-the red part is the path were the skin file is located, copy your file in the same folder

- the green part is the filename of the skin

edit:
    maybe you have no folder whos called "textures" in your models_unit folder, if this is the case just create one and put your new skin file into it