Thread: Can't get the mod working in any way shape or form.

Default Can't get the mod working in any way shape or form.

I've been trying all night to get this mod working. In this order, I have:

1. Fresh install of RTW - Installed BI - Patched to 1.6 - Regular installation of RS Mod.
    Problem: 'Celtic horse' problem.

2. Then Installed the mod into a separate folder and copied the contents over, without first uninstalling RTW, BI and the mod.
    Problem: Multiple issues with CTDs on startup.

3. Since that was clearly the wrong way to go, i uninstalled RTW, BI and the mod completely. Then I installed RTW, BI, 1.6. Then I installed the mod into a separate directory and copied it directly into the FRESH RTW folder as suggested.
    Problem: 'Elephant Javelin' problem

4. Uninstalled everything. Tried regular RTW, 1.3 then 1.5, WITHOUT BI, regular installation of RS mod.
    Problem: 'Celtic Horse' problem.

5. Uninstalled everything. Installed RTW, 1.3 then 1.5, installed RS mod to separate folder and copied into fresh RTW folder.
    Problem: 'Celtic Horse' problem.

As you can see, I've attempted every single combination of so-called 'fixes' after hours of scouring these forums tonight, and not a single thing has worked.

Any help would be appreciated. I've been waiting a LONG time for this mod, and I'm extremely frustrated that its the only mod for any TW game I've had trouble getting to work.

The reason I've been so meticulous with detailing my problem is that I don't want some idiot coming in and diagnosing the problem with one sentence saying "you need to patch the game first", since I've obviously done that multiple times.

EDIT: I'm running Vista, and I'm installing outside of Program Files, as suggested.
    Last edited by unreal_uk; September 06, 2010 at 08:25 PM.

Default Re: Can't get the mod working in any way shape or form.

Havning the same kind of problem except that I have been having the problem of elephant_javelin as well.

And I run it on Windows 7.

ugh i give up, i keep getting generic errors even i followed every instruction and fixes. I just keep getting the same errors.
    Why could not we just have an normal shortcuts like in RS1 1.6a instead of a launcher which im starting to doubt that it is the one that causes this problems.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

@unreal_uk - what have you done with UAC?

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Quote Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post
    @unreal_uk - what have you done with UAC?
    It's off. I haven't had it active for years.

Hellhound1's Avatar *Knock Knock*

You need to patch it first...

Seriously though, the problem might be with a corrupted download, have you tried re-downloading?
    I know its time consuming, but that *could* be the problem.

OK, try using the bat files that are in the main game folder to launch the game - in your case RS2_BI.bat. I suspect this won't help as the launcher isn't the issue. At least I'll be struck dumb if it does solve the problem. We've been using the launcher without any problems as a development team for around 9 months.

The celtic horse issue is nearly always to do with a wrong installation. Were all your .cab files the correct sizes? The only thing I can think of is some corruption of the download.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Could be that you RTW isn't patched to 1.5.
    Start your RTW vanilla and look at the upper right corner in the main menu. It should say 1.5 there, if not you need to patch your RTW before installing BI.
    Also post pictures showing your RTW RS 2 folder.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam