Thread: low performance?

Default low performance?

Hi

I have the next computer

AMD x2 64 4200+ 2,2 Ghz
    2,5 GB ram
    ASUS EAH 4650 1 GB

When I play the battle between Hannibal and the romans (roman campaign) I can't play fine, indeed mouse lags even at low settings. More modern games run fine IMO I don't undersand it or this normal.
    THX and great job

Default Re: low performance?

Its because Rome total war is old and because of that it only runs on one core so you have a 2 core system but rome total war runs on only 1 core

Oh THX so when I had an AMD 3200+ it would run better?

yah pretty much it depends on the pc just mess withe the options for the best performance my HpG72 has a Intel Core I3 and I can run the game on mostly all high settings with no lag what so ever

Well I have good performance with normal scale and high to the rest, so good grapichs but less epic wars

yah but I rather have good proformance than a lot of men and my screen skipping all over the place

Quote Originally Posted by AotxLoGiX View Post
    yah but I rather have good proformance than a lot of men and my screen skipping all over the place
    Yeah, do you know if Gamebooster can help me? Because it's a case of "wasting" resources and not having them. Thx for your time

Well on my old Hp I was playing the SPQR mod and it ran really slow but I did try gamebooster and it did help ALOT because it gives the game more ram to run on a single core or how many cores the game needs so try it and see how it helps you

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

IOBIT's Game Booster will remove a lot of background services which are not needed to pla games. It will give you more memory then.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

xXEsotericXx's Avatar Biarchus

Yes Brusi is right and bsides the new patch resolved those dual core problems....
    "I think left but i write extreem right"
    - Esoteric -

:

Quote Originally Posted by xXEsotericXx View Post
    Yes Brusi is right and bsides the new patch resolved those dual core problems....
    Do you mean about Gamebooster also?

-- double posts merged (Brusilov) - please use the EDIT button

Quote Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post
    IOBIT's Game Booster will remove a lot of background services which are not needed to pla games. It will give you more memory then.
    Well I have played the battle between Carthage and Rome with high sett and big scale (the 2th biggest)+ GameBooster. It isn't like I had the previous CPU but is playable, btw I'll ask to AMD forums if something can we done
    Last edited by Brusilov; September 07, 2010 at 01:24 PM.

xXEsotericXx's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by IamOdysseus View Post
    Well I have played the battle between Carthage and Rome with high sett and big scale (the 2th biggest)+ GameBooster. It isn't like I had the previous CPU but is playable, btw I'll ask to AMD forums if something can we done
    Yo friend watch out with double posting here, alot of older guy's who like it clean when u double post they will get u arrested :p

AMD had a dualcore optimiser, here the link
    http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/dyna...42f&ItemID=153
    "I think left but i write extreem right"
    - Esoteric -

:

Quote Originally Posted by xXEsotericXx View Post
    Yo friend watch out with double posting here, alot of older guy's who like it clean when u double post they will get u arrested :p

AMD had a dualcore optimiser, here the link
    http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/dyna...42f&ItemID=153
    This is my post
    This is good also for win 7?

EDIT: I have installed it and I "feel like" it works better also I put Gamebooster, at least I can enjoy the mod in acceptable terms. Thanks for your time
    Last edited by IamOdysseus; September 07, 2010 at 04:09 PM.

Just make sure you set the vegetation in the launcher to default or even low. Low in the launcher makes slightly sparser trees which will improve performance.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Yeah don't use the high option for the vegetation in the launcher if you don't own a Über PC.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Yeah I have seen this is key factor to get a good performance, and I can enjoy even see good soldiers
    If I put high vegetation in game what's the difference in putting it in the launcher?
    Last edited by IamOdysseus; September 09, 2010 at 03:59 PM.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

The launcher is just making more trees/troops render on top of what the in-game settings do. Always use the highest in-game setting before using the launcher vegetation and high resolution units options.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Resolved & closed

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here