Thread: Can't micro-manage settlements in one-turn campaigns!

Default Can't micro-manage settlements in one-turn campaigns!

So I decided to start a one turn campaign (my previous was ruined by the strange unit behaviour in battle bug), but i couldn't find the option of micro-managing the settlements in the game menu, and I can't manage any settlement in my campaign if it has no governor. It's turned on in the laucher preferences though.

ps: I know, my english sucks.
    Last edited by Arges; September 06, 2010 at 03:25 PM.
    “Long distance running is particularly good training in perseverance.” Mao Zedong

Default Re: Can't micro-manage settlements in one-turn campaigns!

When you start a campaign it say Manage All Settlements click that so you can micro manage without govenor

Quote Originally Posted by AotxLoGiX View Post
    When you start a campaign it say Manage All Settlements click that so you can micro manage without govenor
    I have no such option there
    “Long distance running is particularly good training in perseverance.” Mao Zedong

Can I get a screen shot then to see were you are at?

lol, I tried to take a screenshot, but I cant do it when using paint, the "picture" just gets black....
    So if you could tell me just HOW to take those screenshots, I promise I will post some nice screens in the picures thread...

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

It's OK - using the 1-turn launcher you cannot set this in-game.

There are two ways to change this

1) Edit the preferences.txt file in the preferences folder and change the entry to: MICROMANAGE_ALL_SETTLEMENTS:TRUE
    2) Use the launcher and check the box that has MICROMANAGE_ALL_SETTLEMENTS

If you take (2) you need to identify the folder where you installed RSII to.

Edited: Also if you use the launcher make sure that you save the changes prior to selecting 'quit'

The editor is shown on the right of this screen:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Brusilov; September 06, 2010 at 03:40 PM.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Quote Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post
    It's OK - using the 1-turn launcher you cannot set this in-game.

There are two ways to change this

1) Edit the preferences.txt file in the preferences folder and change the entry to: MICROMANAGE_ALL_SETTLEMENTS:TRUE
    2) Use the launcher and check the box that has MICROMANAGE_ALL_SETTLEMENTS

If you take (2) you need to identify the folder where you installed RSII to.

Edited: Also if you use the launcher make sure that you save the changes prior to selecting 'quit'

The editor is shown on the right of this screen:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I did #2, and it didn't work...the whole menu is different from zero turn campaigns...it has only the arcade battles and capaign and battle difficuly features.

Citizen

On the launcher there is a button to 'Edit RSII Preferences' - it's the first button on the left and side under the launcher. Press that and then select the correct folder where the mod is.

If you've got XP the button is greyed out - there is an image of the launcher in the Release Thread.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

I did that, the box is checked.

EDIT: But it doesnt work. I guess the only way is to edit preferences.txt file in the Play_one_turn/preferences folder.
    Last edited by Arges; September 06, 2010 at 04:02 PM.

Yes, that should be fine.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Citizen

If you use the launcer to edit the preferences youy need to select the folder that's relevant to the campaign you're playing. So, if you're playing Carthage then you need to point the editor to the Play_Carthage folder in your install.

Also remember to press the SAVE button on the editor before quitting out.

I used this method earlier today to change some of my preferences and it worked perfectly - I'm used to manually editing the files.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

You could in game running your camapaign press esc and then click game settings or something like that and there should be an box to tick/untick.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam