Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hannibal?! Pfffttttt! Peace of cake.:)

Kallides's Avatar Senator

Icon10 Hannibal?! Pfffttttt! Peace of cake.:)

I have just royally kicked Hannibal's butt!

I interrupted my Spartan campaign to have a quick go at that famous battle everyone has been banging on about. 1650(or so) of his units to my 500. Granted it was m/m but I am still proud of myself. I took my 3 stacks of light cavalry and went around the back of his army, as soon as he started turning it round to face my horse I split them up and sent them in separate directions which made his army panic. On their way around my horse picked on the few missile units that were running around disorganized and managed a few hit and runs before the spearmen and the heavy cavalry realized the threat. Meanwhile my main force marched towards Hannibal's army in perfect formation that Rome is famous for and attacked the chaotic horde that was the Hannibal's army. First with a rain of javelins and then with cold steel of the gladii, what a massacre it was. Soon my men were done with Carthaginian peasants and moved on to Hannibal himself.

Survivors got nailed to the cross and lined the side of the road for miles ahead and so on and so forth.

I LOVE THIS MOD!!!

P.S. I saw some posts about blurry icons and such, set it to lower res! If played with higher res than 1280x1024 the mod will not look as good, I am playing on the laptop with 1366x768 Widescreen and it looks fantastic. Complements to tone.

P.P.S DEVS don't read too much into the tittle, I understand that h/vh would be more challenging and I am not slagging m/m or the difficulty of th mod, I am not saying its too easy, I am simply kidding around. That should cover my ass. lol
    Last edited by Kallides; September 06, 2010 at 12:13 PM.

Snipers get more Head!

Default Re: Hannibal?! Pfffttttt! Peace of cake.:)

boring...

DarthLazy's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I lost the first battle in an epic smashing of my legion in an ambush. After that the foll just sat in genoa and it was all to easy for me to follow and bring him down. He should really be made more difficult. Losing the first battle is no big deal
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Real imperialism is shown by Western apologists who are defending Ukraine's brutal occupation of Novorossija.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Sovereignty of Ukraine was recognized by Yeltsin and died with him.

Quote Originally Posted by marinm View Post
    boring...
    Who the asked you?!

Snipers get more Head!

Nesimī's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Kallides View Post
    I have just royally kicked Hannibal's butt!

I interrupted my Spartan campaign to have a quick go at that famous battle everyone has been banging on about. 1650(or so) of his units to my 500. Granted it was m/m but I am still proud of myself. I took my 3 stacks of light cavalry and went around the back of his army, as soon as he started turning it round to face my horse I split them up and sent them in separate directions which made his army panic. On their way around my horse picked on the few missile units that were running around disorganized and managed a few hit and runs before the spearmen and the heavy cavalry realized the threat. Meanwhile my main force marched towards Hannibal's army in perfect formation that Rome is famous for and attacked the chaotic horde that was the Hannibal's army. First with a rain of javelins and then with cold steel of the gladii, what a massacre it was. Soon my men were done with Carthaginian peasants and moved on to Hannibal himself.

Survivors got nailed to the cross and lined the side of the road for miles ahead and so on and so forth.

I LOVE THIS MOD!!!

P.S. I saw some posts about blurry icons and such, set it to lower res! If played with higher res than 1280x1024 the mod will not look as good, I am playing on the laptop with 1366x768 Widescreen and it looks fantastic. Complements to tone.

P.P.S DEVS don't read too much into the tittle, I understand that h/vh would be more challenging and I am not slagging m/m or the difficulty of th mod, I am not saying its too easy, I am simply kidding around. That should cover my ass. lol
    how dare you insult Hannibal in this way....
    shum

I am sure he will not mind a little stain on his honor.lol And remember victors write history! I can say whatever I want about the looser its my right.

Snipers get more Head!

Yeah .. teleport you back for 2k years in front of real Hannibal , hell stab you and will continue to eat or whatever he was doing.

I should make a submod : ''B.A.'s vengeance'' for those who kill Hannibal. Then the Carthaginians would pity you foo's
    shum

Quote Originally Posted by c.ryo View Post
    Yeah .. teleport you back for 2k years in front of real Hannibal , hell stab you and will continue to eat or whatever he was doing.
    I imagine the fight would play out something like this one, hannibal would be the guy with the sword and kallides would be a less chavvy version of the other guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYfC_soN8lE

Quote Originally Posted by General Brittanicus View Post
    I imagine the fight would play out something like this one, hannibal would be the guy with the sword and kallides would be a less chavvy version of the other guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYfC_soN8lE
    HEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYY! Come on! You guys don't know me! I could be tough as nails. Alright maybe not against a famed General of Carthage but give me something.

Snipers get more Head!

Chicken's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Kallides View Post
    HEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYY! Come on! You guys don't know me! I could be tough as nails.
    You wished
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakomar View Post
    Your dancing chicken is hypnotising me.

Globalhead's Avatar Civis

[QUOTE=Kallides;8035896]I have just royally kicked Hannibal's butt!

My Hannibal experience is sorta funny. I decided to ignore him ffor the first few turns, to gather reinforcements from Sicily, Rome, and Dyrrdachium (SP?) which I abandoned. Then the Roman rebellion hit, so I was dealing with that while Hannibal and his army wandered about, not sieging cities, just standing by them. After about 8 turns, give or take a couple, hannibals army left , musta went to Iberia, not sure...but Hannibal was just sitting there alone...no army So I promptly sent whatever garrison cohorts and velites I had nearby and smacked him down, killing him easily in a javelin volley...lol.
    So no epic battle for me, just an execution
    Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori, sed dulcius pro patria vivere, et dulcissimius pro patria bibere. Ergo, bibamus pro salute patriae.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Medusa! Please! She wasn't so tough! So you look her in the eye she turns you to stone, in my experience some women can make you wish to be turned into stone than listen to another word of their uncontrollable, pointless arguments. My wife could have taken her on.

Quote Originally Posted by Globalhead View Post
    So I promptly sent whatever garrison cohorts and velites I had nearby and smacked him down, killing him easily in a javelin volley...lol.
    So no epic battle for me, just an execution
    lol. Very nice, I dont know if that would have made the history books.
    Last edited by Kallides; September 06, 2010 at 02:00 PM.

Snipers get more Head!

I got trounced by Hannibal on mine. When it was obvious I was going to lose I just selected all my units and blob rushed him. But he went into the middle of his units so I couldn't get anywhere near and he escaped with 5 of his bodyguard left the bastard. After that he took Ariminium and the next turn Capua and Tarentum defected. Got enough stacks to get it all back though. Might send Scipio to Africa to divert Hannibal.
    Isn't that how it played out in reality(well vaguely but still)), haven't touched on my history for a time.
    Last edited by BemusedHorse; September 06, 2010 at 02:15 PM.
    'Ahh yes an authentic rastaclot weapon, as used by the rastaclot nobles in the court of King Bumbaclot '

He loves it when a plan comes together
    shum

Haha, I just thought of something hilarious. You mispelled Piece as "Peace" in the title. It would have been funny if you defeated him by using a diplomat to order a ceasefire.

Has anyone experienced utter defeat at the hands of Hannibal? Lost another battle against the rebels, hope I can turn the tide soon. Only way is to defeat his army.
    I have to say, it makes the game compelling, on other campaigns I just build up my economy and trade links for quite a few turns.
    'Ahh yes an authentic rastaclot weapon, as used by the rastaclot nobles in the court of King Bumbaclot '

Magefsx's Avatar Campidoctor

Playing on H/H in the roman campaign, I defeated hannible in the first time with the given stack thats sitting right next to him plus a some cavalry units from rome and some mercenary heavy spearmen. It was a close run thing, but somehow he got himself a faceful of pebbles and fell off his horse.
    Now I thought I was in the green in regards to rebelling cities... obviously not. Two turns later, Crotona and the settlement right at the bottom of italy suddenly rebbelled, and a full stack has appeared next capua... Well, so much for that idea

I beat him on H/H very easy as well! was a little surprised, if not disappointed. I had about half my army left at least!
    at the same time, by brother started the campaign and had to fight against Hannibals 1900 men, on H/H as well and got crushed! After I checked, I only fought against 900 soldiers!, and Hannibal himself.

We have exactly the same settings, except that my brother attacked him and I only wanted to move my army (didnt see Hannibals army) so he ambushed me...

whats up with that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast