Thread: RSII Bugs and other related problems

Divided's Avatar Decanus

Default RSII Bugs and other related problems

-Win 7 x64

-Rome and BI gold, fully patched.

-No steam.

-Location "C:\RSII\Rome - Total War"

I played 3 battles so far and I've started a One turn campaign as Sparta.

What I get: Crash at all 3 battles. The 2 battles were normal custom battles. The game crashed at the middle of the battle.
    The 3rd was a historical battle, the one that you have to reach a Roman fort with 100 men at least and you are ambushed by some barbarians. The fort was like a big central square with no buildings and the ground arround the place where the gates should be was missing, it was like a square of sky, like a hole on the terain. The game crashed when I clicked the "Exit Battle" at the menu

The Campaign. No crash here. But, the pictures on the unit and building descreptions are missing, there is only a white square.
    KM

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Default Re: RSII Bugs and other related problems

Getting a crash in the middle of a battle is usually your graphic card crying that it's had to work too hard and long without a break. Try lowering the graphic settings (vegetation first) and see if things improve. I don't know what card you have but RTW is an old engine and does not make the most of the more recent cards.

Some of the historic battles still don't work. We tried to put 'Do Not Play' on the ones that did not work but some changes to the units have caused others, like Paralus that did work nto no longer work.

The blank pictures on the unit cards of units and buildings (the picture does not show but all the text does) is a known bug with RTW. You can usually click on another settlement and see if the images appear there - if they do you can go back and look at the original unit or building and the image is shown. If that's not the case they usually re-appear after a turn or two.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Divided's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: RSII Bugs and other related problems

Thank you for the quick reply.

My VGA is a EAH 5670 1GB GDDR5. The picture where there before the battle and gone after. I haven't checked it further.
    My game settings: No AA, Everything else on high exept from grass which is in medium (default vegetation) no bloom. No high res soldiers (Also, what is the difference between normal and high res soldier? They looked the same to me) Unit size is large by default.
    1280x1024@75Hz
    4 GB Ram
    2.33 GHz processor(Quad core, but it doesn't matter on Rome)

EDIT: The historical battle with the missing fort has to do with Aliso
    Last edited by Divided; September 06, 2010 at 12:12 PM.
    KM