Thread: Realism?

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

Default Realism?

I dont know if this topic has been covered or not, but is the realism going to be similar to the Stainless Steel mod? For instance, is it going to take a battering ram 3 hits to knock down a city gate or is it going to be more realistic? Are the hit points on units going to be 1 or will there be some units with an unfair advantage with more? Will there be similar minors mods that can be used, for instance the mod that lets arrows stay on battle map without disappearing. Or the different AI mods dependent on however the player wants to play the game. These arent all the mods that i want or anything, just a few examples of the ones I can think of.

Just curious about these things as they are fairly minor when compared to the game at whole, but I think they are still important when immersing yourself and creating realism.

Default Re: Realism?

We've tried to strike a happy balance between realism and fun. The way I've set up the melee is slow and bloody, so you will have better troops, with better armor who will last longer, but don't expect them cut their way through hugely superior numbers without taking serious losses.

Berserkers do have extra hitpoints, but remember these guys are supposed to be fighting in a blind, adrenaline-filled, possibly drug induced, rage. People in this state can take a lot of damage before going down for good, look at combat stories from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and you will find incidents of people getting hit with dozens of 5.56mm and even 7.62mm rounds before they go down.

I am a fan of realism myself, so I hope you find the balance here enjoyable!

Great to hear Gator! Makes the wait even better to know its got realism without sacrificing gameplay. You guys rock! Haha

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by GatorMarine1833 View Post
    We've tried to strike a happy balance between realism and fun. The way I've set up the melee is slow and bloody, so you will have better troops, with better armor who will last longer, but don't expect them cut their way through hugely superior numbers without taking serious losses.

Berserkers do have extra hitpoints, but remember these guys are supposed to be fighting in a blind, adrenaline-filled, possibly drug induced, rage. People in this state can take a lot of damage before going down for good, look at combat stories from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and you will find incidents of people getting hit with dozens of 5.56mm and even 7.62mm rounds before they go down.

I am a fan of realism myself, so I hope you find the balance here enjoyable!
    Awesome just what I wanted to hear. Thanks man.

Really can't wait for this mod lads, keep up the hard work.

look alfred of wessex O.O

MagUidir's Avatar Biarchus
    a little bit every where. from Tennessee but now Live in California.

where? wheres alfred? lol jk