Thread: New Standard for mods.

JackDionne's Avatar Senator

Default New Standard for mods.

Having played some online custom battles I can safely say that RSII is like experiencing a whole new game for TW. With the new format for the game as well as the awesome graphics it is truly one of the best mods out there. Keep in mind I only play the custom battles and I can’t comment on the Campaign aspect.

For all the whiners out there who are still complaining about a Rome II not coming out before Shogun II well here it is: Rome Surrectum II. You have nothing to complain about with this mod.

The skins and the historical accuracy of the units are phenomenal to say the least.

To all those responsible for RSII congratulations on an excellent mod. This truly is the new standard for all mods still in development.
    3K needs to have an Avatar Campaign!!!

Default Re: New Standard for mods.

I agree with everything he said, i think this games multiplayer is better than vanillas in terms of fun and graphics and often ease of getting a game.

Chris Death's Avatar Campidoctor

I'd like to add they didn't only set a new standard for mods but for R2TW aswell.

~S~ CD
    Ever wanted to be able to attack the city of rome the second turn when playing a roman faction yourself in RTW? then click here

|Sith|IV|Chris_Death

My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/Chrisdeath69?gvnc=1

~S~ CD

DarthLazy's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Not to mention people are nicer on Hamchi yes im talking to you xccam
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Real imperialism is shown by Western apologists who are defending Ukraine's brutal occupation of Novorossija.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Sovereignty of Ukraine was recognized by Yeltsin and died with him.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

RSII really is amazing. The best mod out for sure there if you consider graphical quality. I bet the gameplay will be great as well. I just started a campaign and Im really satisfied with the battle ai and I bet the campaign will be challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy O View Post
    Not to mention people are nicer on Hamchi yes im talking to you xccam

Aww thanks everyones nice on here and those were fun games

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

this truly is an awesome mod, but mod that has so manny very capable members has to be great, anything less would be failure

Yeah this is best mod for any game, and best Total War. Who need RTW 2 i no.
    Thnx devs

YEAH RIGHT i AM HAVING A LOT OF PROBLEMS WITH UNIT COHESION ON THE BATTLEFIELD. MY PHALANGITES LOOK LIKE THEY ARE IN A BLENDER TWIRLING AROUND EVERY TIME I TELL THEM TO MOVE IN A CITY DEFENCE MY THORAKITAI BEHAVING LIKE CAVALRY WHEN THEY MOVE NEAR WALLS AND UNITS SPREADING OUT ACROSS HALF THE MAP AS SOON THERE IS A TINY STONE ON THE GROUND? USING ALX.EXE. CAPS INTENDED

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Tsim View Post
    YEAH RIGHT i AM HAVING A LOT OF PROBLEMS WITH UNIT COHESION ON THE BATTLEFIELD. MY PHALANGITES LOOK LIKE THEY ARE IN A BLENDER TWIRLING AROUND EVERY TIME I TELL THEM TO MOVE IN A CITY DEFENCE MY THORAKITAI BEHAVING LIKE CAVALRY WHEN THEY MOVE NEAR WALLS AND UNITS SPREADING OUT ACROSS HALF THE MAP AS SOON THERE IS A TINY STONE ON THE GROUND? USING ALX.EXE. CAPS INTENDED
    I understand that you are frustrated, but YOU need to understand that the behavior you are talking about has NEVER been seen by ANY Beta Tester or for that matter, any RTW player I can think of. I have never seen anything like that in the RS1.6 forum, and we are using basically the same formations and animations as before...with a few additions and modifications. And no one else (save one, maybe) seems to have this problem either. I can only conclude that your install of RTW-Alex is corrupt, because the kind of thing you are reporting has never been seen in this mod, and therefore cannot be the result of this mod.

I would suggest that you uninstall your current install. If you are a Vista or Win7 OS user, do NOT install....repeat, DO NOT INSTALL RTW in the Program Files directory (as is recommended on the installer page). Or if you did install it there, re-install it, and then copy the whole thing into a folder called RS2 or something, then install RS2 into that folder, but not in the Program Files folder. I think a number of users are causing themselves grief by not paying attention to our recommendations. But there are very good reasons we made them.

Secondly, if you are installing from CD's make absolutely sure those CD's are not scratched, dirty or smudged up in any way. The surface of the CD must be like a 'mirror' and crystal clean. The reason is that I have personally seen where RTW installed off a dirty CD (I just missed it), and it installed fine, but it skipped files. So rather than 'fail' the install, the RTW installer just went on it's merry way and installed the game anyway, even though it couldn't read the CD properly.

Thirdly, make sure your install of RTW\BI\Alex actually WORKS. Go into it, play a custom battle. Go into a campaign and make sure it all starts as it should. If it's broken and you just install RS2 into it, you just have a broken install with our mod dropped on top of it.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father