Thread: I need Help

Icon9 I need Help

I cant install RS 2 coz of this message when i wanted to install RS21.cab. it says source file not found
    C:\documents and settings\james\local settings\temporary internet files\contents.IES\RS21.cab. its ask me to verify it. what went wrong??

Default Re: I need Help

normally youve downloadet a bad file (this can happen sometimes) and u ve to download rs21.cab again

Or else you've named it with a double file extension....RS21.cab.cab

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Is that file actually there in that path? It's a temporary file folder so Windows could have odne some tidying up.

The best way is to create a folder on your 'C' drive just for downloads. Once the files have been created there move them elsewhere. This way I know where my downloads go and I attempt to keep that folder empty of files - so it's just a holding place.

I organize all my downloads into other folders and hang onto them - mainly so I don't need to dowload them again.

As Tone has mentioned - sometimes it's best to always show the extensions as otherwise you could double up the extension on the end. The setting is 'hine known fole extentsions' so it's possible to get a mixture.

This is the folder options that I use:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Brusilov; September 06, 2010 at 09:06 AM.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

what is the sequence of installing the games files izzit from RS 21.cab follow by RS22.cab, RS23.cab, RS24.cab than RS2.msi last is RSII_setup.exe

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Flavius Constantius View Post
    what is the sequence of installing the games files izzit from RS 21.cab follow by RS22.cab, RS23.cab, RS24.cab than RS2.msi last is RSII_setup.exe
    You need all the files in a folder. Siimply run the RSII_setup.exe and it does it all for you.

Yiu don't need to compress any files at all - all these instructions are in the Release Thread.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

1 qns .. must i save all the files than run the installer??

Yes.

Striker's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Flavius Constantius View Post
    1 qns .. must i save all the files than run the installer??

You download all the files in the same folder then run the installer