Thread: Problem with the sky

Aquila Romana's Avatar Libertus

Default Problem with the sky

Hi guys. Everything is fine with my RS2, exept that for some reason, whenever I play the first battle against Hannibal in the Roman campaign, or on some random custom battles the sky is covered with faces, unit cards, shields etc.

- I had to laugh the one time though... The first time it happened, because most of the sky was taken up by the bottom half of a naked fanatic.

How is this caused, and can I fix this? :S I really want to get to grips with the campaign but this keeps on happening.

EDIT: I'm running the game on RTW 1.5, and I overwrote the vanilla one because I don't want to play any other mods so I didn't see the point in making another folder.
    Last edited by Aquila Romana; September 06, 2010 at 02:29 AM.

Default Re: Problem with the sky

I've seen that happen once when my graphics card couldn't cope with the action. You may need to turn the graphics options down a little or it may be an issue of sufficient memory.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Jaytee's Avatar Miles

Wow that's freaky. It's like the Matrix the units in the mod live in has a tech problem and this is the moment where they realise that they are not real.

Aquila Romana's Avatar Libertus

Alright, I'll try turning down the graphics and see what happens. Thanks

The mod is brilliant by the way! About an hour ago I had a huge battle with the Macedonians and it was amazing! - and I don't usually fight as other factions apart from Rome. It's so good I'm going to try out all the factions for once.

EDIT: I turned everything down, even to the lowest at one point to see if it still does it. It does. The sky had a giant scrotum in it again! lol The thing is, though. I think it does it with certain units. Obviously the sky on campaigns means Hannibal has naked fanatics. And in the screenshot I posted earlier, I think it was the textures of a Syrian archer? and I had them in my forces too. It only happens very occasionaly in the custom, though. But it happens 90% of the time on campaign. There's another thing, too. All the factions' units (apart from the Romans) are mixed together.
    Could it be the same case with EB, that you have to play it on multiplayer to have the factions right on custom battles?
    Last edited by Aquila Romana; September 06, 2010 at 12:15 PM.