Thread: Black screen GTA Vice City???

Default Black screen GTA Vice City???

Hey, I was having the source file issue before but I guess it was a corrupt download cause the torrent file worked for me,so I installed the 6 files into a clean install of rtw with alex (windows xp) but now when I try to run the game it goes to a black screen with green writing on the top left saying..

'' EBSseries V0.005 beta: GTA Vice City boris-vorontsov.narod.ru ''

This is very strange that it says gta vice city lol, I then tried to run the game with BI and still the same black screen with the bright green writing. I have no idea what to do plz help.. thanks
    Last edited by dunty12; September 05, 2010 at 11:55 PM.

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Black screen GTA Vice City???

Alt-Tab out of the game and then Alt-Tab back into it.
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Thanks bro for the quick reply I will try this now and get back.

You didn't read the release thread, did you?

Crusades
    Historical fiction - Fifty Tales from Rome

Can YOU dance like the Cookie Man?
    Improbe amor quid non mortalia pectora cogis? - The Aeneid
    I run an Asteroid mining website. Visit it before James Cameron takes it from me.

Well I was on the release thread many times, I read all the installation instructions and known issues. And turkey I tried to press Alt and Tab at the same time but nothing happens so I have to press control,alt,delete to get out. Am I missing something in the release thread? I just read something about having framework for the launcher to work in the thread so I will try to update my framework. Can this be it?
    Last edited by dunty12; September 06, 2010 at 12:46 AM.

Remlap's Avatar Lag Slayer

if your using Windows 7 or vista make sure that -ne appears in the command line area at the bottom right of the launcher. It may help fix your alt tab problem but using ctrl=alt=delete and then closing the taskmanager and re clicking rs2 will achieve the same thing.

Yeah I don't have vista I have xp and do not have windows 7 either. I'm downloading the latest microsoft framework.net 4 right now so I'm hoping that will work. If that dosen't work I'll try to mess with the control-alt-delete. Other than that I'm afraid I don't know.

Control alt delete then close your task manager selct R:TW from your start menu it should work fine

Thanks for your help remlap, the miscrosoft.net 4 framework is finishing up so I'm going to try it when it's done. But do I select alex shortcut from the start menu or just the vanilla rome shortcut?? thanks

Select the one your going to play , also I didn't mention but wait until you see a wierd green distortion on the screen before alt tabing or doing ctrl+alt+delete
    Last edited by Remlap; September 06, 2010 at 01:29 AM.

How long do I have to wait to see the green distortion? I waited for a min or two but nothing except the green vice city thing.

Basically that's happening because you've got Bloom switched on. If you read the instructions about bloom (in the release thread) you'll see that that black screen with green writing happens during load with bloom activated. Unforutnately there was no way round it.

It should automatically go to the game menu after a minute or two.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Icon9 Re: Black screen GTA Vice City???

I waited at the black screen and a couple min later it just crashed with no error message at all? Do you mean theres no way to disable bloom? What else could the problem be? I fear the worst lol...

I tried to find out how to turn off bloom and it said in a post just to have it unchecked in the launcher but it was always unchecked?

Click on it anyway and see what the pop up box says.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

caratacus's Avatar Primicerius

When this came up, I thought it was a different mod giving the black screen. I'm launching the game using a batch file without bloom so the proper screen is displayed.

Out of interest who is the Russian Boris Vorontsov and is the bloom effect from a mod of Vice City?

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

He is the guy who made the bloom thing. It was originally made as a mod for GTA Vice City.
    To uncheck bloom go to the launcher and then check the bloom settings box and then choose none when the 4 different options appears.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

I've got a quite similar problem.
    After i click the button to start Roma Serructum the black screen with the greenletters on it appears within seconds and dissappears again as fast as it came up. after that i my computer says "no echo" and closes the launcher...

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam!

Follow Apple's advice in the post just above

now the game closes in the loadingscreen :/

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam!