Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roma Surrectum II: Post your videos here!

Icon2 Roma Surrectum II: Post your videos here!

Post best videos from your RS 2 campaign here
    RTW 1 fan - betrayed, disillusioned, disgusted with Rome 2.
    My thematic camping project on autonomy ==> http://www.camping-la-ressource.fr/

Default Re: Roma Surrectum II: Post your vikdeos here!

The Roman Empire spread beyond Britain they just conquered from Egypt. The invasion of a Northern island, which was supposed to act as an outpost for the Empire, has proved to be a failure. The Romans have been violently repelled to everyone's amazement, by the barbarian hordes thanks to their unsuspected presence and consequently have lost three legions in that raid. Rome did not digest this humiliating defeat and fears that event drives his assailants to doubt about the power of the Empire by preparing raids on the Northern coast. General Adrianus Maxilus Romulus, winner of the Thracians and commanding general of the invading decimated force, retreated during the first battle and now returns to lead an expedition that many Roman senators want punitive. This time, four Roman fleets landed on the coast, not 3 but 5 legions with the famous Legion I Germanica who became famous in lower Germany and against Pompey. Right at the beginning of its journey toward the center of the island, the first legion of Maxilus is attacked by a powerful barbarian army surging through the mountains. Fortunately, the reinforcements newly landed from the ship are close by and Maxilus is counting on his leader General Vibius in order to lend a hand, hoping they arrive in time. This video relates the event :

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Cool video. Just get rid of the green arrow markers.

How do you do ? I record during the battles, I can not save it because its in campaign and the option does not appear

Timefool's Avatar Primicerius

Go to the preferences.txt file and set DISABLE_ARROW_MARKERS to TRUE

OUUUAAA !!! I do not know that was possible !

Thanks very much for the explanation !!!!

@super_newbie_pro

You must have been playing for a while to get to that stage in the game.

alex_shields's Avatar Miles

how did he remove the UI?

Also remove the banners in the preferences.

Great video though.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Fairly good, but I think the music could be louder still well done
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Rex Basiliscus's Avatar Senator

The French voices are awesome! How did you enable them, but kept English in messages etc.? It kinda reminds me of Asterix vs. Caesar haha Ahh the good old days...

Quote Originally Posted by HunterKYA View Post
    @super_newbie_pro You must have been playing for a while to get to that stage in the game.
    yea I'm on the same campaign for several months. This video was register shortly after having the message of victory of the Romans campaign (objectives achieved). For Ui, in fact I cut directly with Virtualdub :
    - addon filtre resize
    - click on crooping, select what you want to see. click on resize, select lanczos3 and click on "same as a source"
    - On "letterbox/crop to size" choose the desired output resolution. Look if its ok
    - To add-on black stripes, to obtain the standard format, in << letterbox/crop to size >> write what you want. for 1024*768 you can have ; 1024*576 or 720*405

The coef is : 0.5625 (405/720, 576/1024 ...)

alex_shields's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Roma Surrectum II: Post your videos here!

Ah, VDub! I've used it before and tried this with Empire:TW but never perfected it. I'll look into this. Thanks for the info, and now hopefully we can get lots of cool(er) looking fan movies minus the UI (and flags, and unit markers).

Last edited by k1ller1988; September 06, 2010 at 09:08 AM.

How to turn off the arrows that appear on the sides when you turn the camera and we no longer see the unit selected ? (the big arrow on right or left) its possible ? what is the setting to change ?

EDIT ; and to disable the map when UI is removed ?
    Last edited by super_newbie_pro; September 07, 2010 at 11:02 AM.

naxzul666's Avatar Que la fête commence !
    Content Emeritus

In Replay mode, only the timer and the player appear.

A small video that combines two teasers that I have not used for the promotion of mod.

Stunning Video as usual naxzul! +rep
    Impossible is not a fact It's an opinion. Impossible is nothing.

Indefinitely Banned

excellent vids guys! had sme impossbile one battles, which i should have had fraps running will remember to keep this running all the time now lol, great thread, been waiting for a thread like this to pop up

great video, but why is the roman general speaking french?
    EDIT: at approx 2:50 the general says what i thought was Forth Aeorlingas! isn't that from LOTR?
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    My point is that, while pastries are delicious, they are not a factor in deciding whether or not to start a rebellion against the lord of the realm.
    do leave your name if you give me rep. i may just return the favor. maybe.
    please visit the Tale of the Week forum at: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=802 for brilliant writing, people, and brownies. with nuts, if you prefer.

he's speaking French because Naxzul is French, so not surprisingly, has a French version of RTW.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast