Thread: Buildings are still the same

Default Buildings are still the same

I there. Excelente work with the mod. It's absolutely awsome

One thing that I've noticed is that, in the battle map, the buildings in the cities are still the same as in Rome Surrectum I or Vanilla. Wasn't there some changes has to, for example, roma urban barracks or the circus maximus? And some insulae also? Have they been excluded for now?

If you can answer to these questions I would be very apreciated.

Thank you and once more, nice work with the mod

Timefool's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Buildings are still the same

Some building are the same, like the Roman barracks, but there are relatively few building cards with the vanilla pictures. The ports, temples, and economy pictures are all new.

I don't mean the building cards but the buildings on the battlemap itself, the models.

Geleco's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Fplayer View Post
    I don't mean the building cards but the buildings on the battlemap itself, the models.
    IIRC those are either hardcoded models or they are extremely difficult to edit, hence why there aren't new building models for TATW and such.

Battle map buildings in RTW have been moddable for a long time but I guess it's too much work for little gain as vanilla buildings correspond well enough to the culture they're representing and what not.

and there are some new buildings just not many

Thank you Jonne. I read that the team did make some models but they were having some trouble making them work in the game.

Exactly that.
    Pacco made a load of models, but noone's was able to get them to work in the game. It's probably possible to do so, but any modding like this takes a load of time and repeated trial and error.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.