Thread: Rebellious settlements and scythed chariots giving hard time

Default Rebellious settlements and scythed chariots giving hard time

As the topic says a few dilemmas occured in my Parthian campaign. Ok, so this mod is a damn beaty and I'm loving it, thank u developers.

I captured a few nearby rebel settlements without any problems with puplic order. But I captured Paragya or something on the coast of Caspian and puplic order was 0% with population 10 000 even with full army inside. It rebelled with a full stack of heaviest cav. So I captured it again this time exterminating them all. 3000 pop and still puplic order 0% with full army and it rebelled again with full stack of heavy cav and the works. Is this to be expeted with all settlements?

Also Scythed chariots? How does one counter them? Archers (10 good units firing) dont even scratch them (even with firearrows) and 500 heavy cavs can kill with initial charge, but after they start rolling I just watch my cav getting shred to pieces. Infantry... parthia doesnt really have them... First time I meet them and there is only 2 of them and a phalanx units, but if they were in a big army it would hurt like hell. Any ideas how to counter as parthia?

Default Re: Rebellious settlements and scythed chariots giving hard time

I'm not sure whether this is an option but you could try and build a mercenary recruitment building and you may be able to get some levy phalangites. Alternatively if you manage to take Palmyra you'll get access to Palmyran phalangites.

Otherwise lots of missile cavalry kept at a safe distance...javelins may be more effective...possibly even some slingers too if you can protect them somehow.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.