Thread: 80 turns wait?

NerZhulen's Avatar Ordinarius

Default 80 turns wait?

Are we supposed to wait this in RS II roma campaign too? To have better experience...

Default Re: 80 turns wait?

Not sure what you mean, please explain?

Roma Surrectum Greek/Spartan Researcher/Tester.

He probably mean to wait 80 inside the borders of ones starting settlements. So no expansion untill that to give AI time to get started.

Oh OK, do what you like. And have fun. There is no house rules on RS2.
    But each campaign is different on the same Faction.
    Also starting locations of other factions, you might want to move right away!
    Or wait. Just depends if you can hold your own in battle with other factions.

Example

When i play Sparta.
    You start off with one city.
    And your at war with the Free Greeks ( Achaean league). This actually happen in this time frame.
    Send out Diplomates every where you see! And make peace and build your Econ.
    Not the troops yet!
    Then attack in the first move ( Olympia ) Its free Greek also.
    Once you take it you have two cities , build a road, and a few units.
    Then keep your taxes high! Build that income! You will need it.
    Remember to have peace/ trade when you can, and war where you need it.
    I will let the rest go to you, since you are the king of your empire.
    This is just an example.
    keep your spy's out to see what is going on.
    So the decision is yours, but build income, your empire will grow.
    Have fun!

As Carthage, I don't think I'm in a position to wait 1 turn, with Hannibal on the doorstep of Rome. I've never played RS before, ever, so this is an exciting prospect and I'm relishing meeting the best Rome has to offer on the battlefields of Italy.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

No you won't need to wait. Just don't blitz.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

That is fun. What I remember attacking the first two Roman legions and fell back to regroup.
    Remember we have another surprise for you guys.
    The script will add a few stacks more when trying to take an important city.

So use your brain or you will lose it!
    Or on a pole of a roman spear!

Just make sure you activate that script each time you reload by clicking the advisor's portrait.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Just wondering, is it normal as Cimbri to earn ~30.000 coins per turn? H/H and ALEX. Because then if I wait for 80 turns, I think the game will crash for the numbers getting too big

Timefool's Avatar Primicerius

Yeah Cimbri always earn loads of money. But when you declare war, your economy collapses. Plus there are scripts in place to keep you coffers from growing too big per turn. When you start invading other factions, your economy will implode. I was losing almost 100k a turn when I played and the Belgae attacked me.

ok I thought something was wrong :-)

Its the massive tax bonus for the capital. Something around 5000% I think. All your other cities make relatively little compared to that. That is why it is hard to hold your expanding territories.

Quote Originally Posted by thedudederek View Post
    Its the massive tax bonus for the capital. Something around 5000% I think. All your other cities make relatively little compared to that. That is why it is hard to hold your expanding territories.
    Well, your home regions, not just your capital, but yeah, you'll make less out of most areas if you don't build the economy there quite carefully. Of course, some areas like Greece and Syria and northern Egypt (i.e. Alexandria) will make you a fair bit of cash fairly quickly after taking them, but others, such as Gaul, Spain, Thrace, Britannia and Illyria will need quite a lot of economic nurturing.
    'Ecce, Roma Surrectum!' Beta Tester and Historian
    Under the proud patronage of MarcusTullius

No, the Cimbri capital has the treasury building which gives a 5000%+ tax bonus. The Germanic culture building gives about a 200% tax bonus. Therefore the capital gives easily 30000 denarii income, while the others are sitting near 1000.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwertmeister View Post
    Just wondering, is it normal as Cimbri to earn ~30.000 coins per turn? H/H and ALEX. Because then if I wait for 80 turns, I think the game will crash for the numbers getting too big
    If im correct, the Free greeks are able to win 100k from the first turn on if you put all the taxes on VH.

The beauty in it is your economy doesnt realy increase i have been earning 200k per turn for ages, but i have a 85 settlement empire and it has never really gone up, if anything it has fallen to stupid amounts in times of war. This is because now the economy is really fragile and has its peaks and falls just like in todays world of recessions and booms because of the system.

And you can wait or not wait, but a word of warning, you can try and blits through, but you will definitely struggle at some point, your money will just drip away. so becareful to expand and expand in the right places.

Medkirtys's Avatar Senator

Is treasury is dependent on difficulty? Because on Hard campaign, it only gives 1500% tax or something about that

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

No I don't think so. I think the only change is that the AI get more money.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam