Thread: Family members

HerzoG's Avatar Semisalis

Default Family members

Hey guys .
    i dont really understand the family tree in RS II . after my current factein heir died in battle someone completely else is now my faction heir. His name is Gaius Flaminus Nepos and he isnt in my family tree. ive only ...maximus in mine and want to know how to include my faction heir in it(his status is already family member i only dont see him in the tree)

Third Age TW - Roma Surrectum II - All under Heaven

Valiant The Brave's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Family members

Only the ruling family is on the family tree

'They thought i was stupid but i proved them' Phillip J. Fry
    Futurama, mine favorite show!

Correction, It is now My Little Pony.

Comes Limitis

Yeah, guess its just a general, not a family-member.
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

? how can a general become fation heir while he isnt in my family tree then?and is it possible to change the ruling family then?

Quote Originally Posted by HerzoG View Post
    ? how can a general become fation heir while he isnt in my family tree then?and is it possible to change the ruling family then?
    you have two family trees one if showen one is not.if you let the faction heir of the hiden familytree becomes faction leader it switches to that familytree and vica verca

Atheist
    Quantum physics
    Paleonthology
    RSII Betatester
    Ultimate irony Quote by total relism:
    -this is the number one tactic of evolutionist hand waving they close there ears and eyes to any evidence they do not want to here.

Actually you have more than one family tree. You have your main family's tree, and each of your generals, as long as they rae unrelated, have their own. If you try the Seleucid campaign, for example, You have your faction leader. But if you look on your family tree, all of his children are too young. But in a city somewhere else in Babylon I think, there is a man who is the faction heir. This allows your faction to still live when your main family dies out.

so is it possible to make publius cornelius scipio to my faction leader? or include him into my current family tree?(best would be to get a julii family tree^^im a big caesar fan)

Rex Basiliscus's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by HerzoG View Post
    so is it possible to make publius cornelius scipio to my faction leader? or include him into my current family tree?(best would be to get a julii family tree^^im a big caesar fan)
    The problem is since he is not on your ruling family tree, you cannot make him a faction heir by yourself... but since I was a beta tester, I once got the elder Publius Cornelius Scipio to become the faction heir, by killing the current heir (Sextus Fabius Maximus - which btw is a bad leader... but you'll see) in a suicidal charge

As far as Julii... I don't know why but they aren't as frequent as the Junii in RSII... so if you had luck, you would sooner get a Iunius faction leader then a Iulius one... at least from my experience.

isnt it possible to get more than one "famous "name in my family tree? i mean a scipius, julius and maybe also a maximus line in only one tree

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

No. RTW only allows one family, and they all have to be related. In RS2 I found a way to have multiple families and characters who 'can' be leaders and heirs, but are not related. In RS2 you'll just have to keep a closer eye on your family if you want to keep the leadership IN that family. Otherwise, the game may choose an Heir who isn't family.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

is it possible to choose the heir who isnt in family? i played a testcampain some minutes ago only to see how much time it costs to get the scipio family.....i put my current faction leader on a ship moved him near carthago, was attacked by theyr ships,mine sunk-leader dead,next leader who has to die... it costed me over 20 turns until the scipios had the power and nearby all families was razed out then-.-(is it possible to get new families)?

doesnt anyone know that?

I found faster way to chose a heir outside of your family all u have to do is give your character faction heir trait for example: give_trait "Publius Scipio" Romanheir then just kill your current faction heir and leader and Scipio will become your faction leader.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyPro View Post
    I found faster way to chose a heir outside of your family all u have to do is give your character faction heir trait for example: give_trait "Publius Scipio" Romanheir then just kill your current faction heir and leader and Scipio will become your faction leader.
    That does not work for me, it says command not recognized. First of all the spacing after give_trait and between the names is not needed otherwise it does not recognize character as well, so it should be:

give_trait"PubliusScipio" (and then Romanheir according to you but this doesnt work)

I tried almost literally every combination, which are a lot, to no avail.

I'm at a loss here guys, is the only way to kill off your faction heir untill you get the wright one, would be a letdown for me.

don't get me wrong, really love the mod but my scipios are so fine , they deserve to be ruling