Thread: Impossible to !!SAVE!! the Game....whole time gone for nothing:(:(

Default Impossible to !!SAVE!! the Game....whole time gone for nothing:(:(

Hi there

I am using vista,rome alex.

My installation path is D:\Roma Surrectum 2\Rome - Total War

Here is my problem...

After i started the game with H/H difficulty and no advice settings,an adivsor appeared on left top of the screen but he dissapeared immediately.i couldnt click on advisor.However,the script was activated and at the 3rd turn first rebellion in southern italy has happened.Everything was good and i played for many turns until i defeated whole chartaginian forces in northern italy.After all of these i decided to save and quit to watch TV.
    but my "Save Game" icon on menu was grey colored and immpossible to use.(It was same on first turn i started the game but i couldnt care it and left it out).I quited the game because i trusted to autosave feature but it didnt work.To sum up,all my game and time has gone for nothing.what should i do to solve this problem?

Regards...

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Default Re: Impossible to !!SAVE!! the Game....whole time gone for nothing:(:(

What have you done with UAC?

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

nothing..i didnt change...

I have this problem to. Just took southern gaul and north Italy.
    It's a game, but it really sucks

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by AnatolianFire View Post
    nothing..i didnt change...
    Well, we did advise turning it off for a reason.....

I believe the problem may also happen when you chiose a different faction without closing the game down first.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

My UAC is ALWAYS off, but I still cannot save.
    Democracy is beautiful in theory; in practice it is a fallacy.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=514102

same problem... anything?
    Xerxes: Come Leonidas, let us reason together. It would be a regrettable waste. It would be nothing short of madness for you, brave king, and your valiant troops to perish. All because of a simple misunderstanding. There is much our cultures could share.
    King Leonidas: Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.

Here's what I suggest.

1) Never try to reload a campaign without quitting the game first. Personally I've never had this problem unless I've tried to reload a campaign without quitting.
    2) Whenever you start a campaign always check that you can save straight away. If you can you won't run into problems.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

go to launcher folder

rightclick on RS 2 .exe -> attributes->compatibility-> permissionlevel-> make a hook at "run as administrator"

@baroch,tone and brusilov

firstly,impossible to run the game as administrator when UAC is off.On the other hand running as administrator didnt work...your solutions are fully adverse and ineffective.

secondly,i run the game many times but it was not able to save the game... its always grey.

thirdly,it didnt look like a uncommon issue to me...why did you release the mod with this kinda serious problem?

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by AnatolianFire View Post
    @baroch,tone and brusilov

firstly,impossible to run the game as administrator when UAC is off.On the other hand running as administrator didnt work...your solutions are fully adverse and ineffective.

secondly,i run the game many times but it was not able to save the game... its always grey.

thirdly,it didnt look like a uncommon issue to me...why did you release the mod with this kinda serious problem?
    1)
    Well, I have UAC off, my game is installed to my own program files folder and my Windows account is set up as an administrator. I don't run the game as an administrator as my account is already that.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

2)
    If the buttons are always grey it may mean that you don't have the authority to write to that folder.

3)
    While some people are encountering this problem it's not happening to everyone. Cleary it's something to do with how you have set up your PC or how you've installed your game.

If you've got the autosave on and the game did not do any saves then there is something wrong with the way that you are running the game or the account that you are using.

We can only attempt to offer advice on how to resolve issues - based on what you've told us.

Are you using an official version of the game?

i have gold edition but not original alex...but it doesnt matter i ve tried all these versions.

Well this happened to me the first time. You have to due this everytime with the installer rightclick on RS 2 .exe -> attributes->compatibility-> permissionlevel-> make a hook at "run as administrator" if you do not due this your game will never save even if you go to save game and save it the files will never stay. RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR is the only way to make sure you can save the game and continue..

why did you release the mod with this kinda serious problem?
    Maybe they released it because EVERYBODY was asking this, despite the team members saying over and over again that they still have some issues to take care. Regarding the mod, in my case, everything runs great for the moment... I had the "elephant" problem but solved it with the solution i found on the forum... it is probably the biggest mod project ever, it was inevitable not to have issues especially when people ask you to release it and some even said the mod will never be released...Sorry for "abandoning" the subject... but everybody's a critic...

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by evocarti View Post
    Maybe they released it because EVERYBODY was asking this, despite the team members saying over and over again that they still have some issues to take care. Regarding the mod, in my case, everything runs great for the moment... I had the "elephant" problem but solved it with the solution i found on the forum... it is probably the biggest mod project ever, it was inevitable not to have issues especially when people ask you to release it and some even said the mod will never be released...Sorry for "abandoning" the subject... but everybody's a critic...
    The problems appear to be related to people's systems, how they are set up and maybe even how they downloaded the files and to where.

Clearly not everyone had the 'elephant' problem.

yes i know that, and i am running on XP SP2 not 3 how recommended... there is no problem now... the mod looks great! good job!

Citizen

As the OP has posted elsewhere that they are playing the game this problem is resolved.

Closed.