Thread: Red little flag

Default Red little flag

Whats does that red little flag in the upper left corner of my avatar mean? Its a red flag with a 1. I saw it earlier and forgot it again, but a few days ago a guy asked us and i didnt even know what he is talking about. Now i saw it again, last game were i wasnt host and a few minutes ago when i was about to host a game. What is it? Look at the pic.
    If you're dealing with the devil, it's not the devil who changes, but rather the devil change you - for sanity is like a spider, sitting in a net woven from the finest of strings, unaware of the hand coming closer, being grabbed and stuffed into a mouth.
    Check this: Turumba's Twitch and Youtube channel!

Major Hemorrhoid's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Red little flag

The number designates player #1 I believe, Turumba. Players are designated #1, #2, #3, or #4, depending on how many players are on that particular side in the game.

On second thought, I think that Point_Man is correct (damn you Point_Man! ). I believe the number "1" in a red box above your name denotes that you are hosting the game, or it may be a way of designating that you are one of two or more players who share the same steam name, all of you having different numbers assigned to them.
    Last edited by Major Hemorrhoid; September 07, 2010 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turumba View Post
    Whats does that red little flag in the upper left corner of my avatar mean? Its a red flag with a 1. I saw it earlier and forgot it again, but a few days ago a guy asked us and i didnt even know what he is talking about. Now i saw it again, last game were i wasnt host and a few minutes ago when i was about to host a game. What is it? Look at the pic.
    Well in Steam if people are using your exact name. It usually gives them a number. So perhaps in ntw, it's a way of identifying someone with the original name or it shows your the host of the server.
    This signature is clickable

Thx for the fast replies, guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Point_Man View Post
    Well in Steam if people are using your exact name. It usually gives them a number. So perhaps in ntw, it's a way of identifying someone with the original name [...].
    Not a nice thought, to be honest... steam player search found nothing.

And it is probably not the sign of a host, i got it also in the game before and i wasnt host there, plus the guy i told in the OP was neither host- except steam made a mistake, which is of course possible.
    If you're dealing with the devil, it's not the devil who changes, but rather the devil change you - for sanity is like a spider, sitting in a net woven from the finest of strings, unaware of the hand coming closer, being grabbed and stuffed into a mouth.

Point Man is correct! Someone has the same name as you on steam. I have the same flag with a 1 on it too. I met the other Brunswicker on a random battle. It got rather confusing during chat. He wanted me to change it as he was German and served in the regiment while I am Scottish and wasted much of my money, health and life in a pit of a pub called the Brunswick Cellars. I think i have the more valid reason to use the name.

Y@$!N's Avatar Senator

hmm, but people can change their steam names all the time right?so do you end up keeping your number?or does it just scan the lobby at the time start the game?
    My YouTube Channel
    Hello, again.

Damnit! People are a mess, really. Of course, it can be a coincidence, but i doubt that somehow. Well anyway, rep to Point_Man and Brunswicker.

Good questions, Y@$!N! Also, is it permanent or just when both are online... one answer and lot of new questions...

edit: @Point_Man your rep will come, if i´m able to do so again...
    Last edited by Turumba; September 07, 2010 at 12:01 PM.

Did a test. Checked if the doppleganger was on (he was not). I joined a historical bordino battle..no flag. Joined a grassy flatlands battle and the little flag is there. I am going to ask the other guy if he has a flag with a 2 on it or anything else. Will have to wait till he is back on.