Thread: Little bit of help needed again

Indefinitely Banned

Default Little bit of help needed again

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Hey guys

i don't mean to ask to be spoon fed, but just need alittle help

I have Rome, BI, Alexander installed

ill be honest with you guys, ive lent my rome CD to a friend i no longer see, i will buy it if i must, but can i run the game of the other two expansion packs????

im not sure what Romes patched up to either, thou im guessing if i patch it up to the required patch i can still play RS2 using the expansion packs, i will go out and rebuy it if i must, but if i can save a few pounds ill rather do that....

if possbile can someone answer me a question, i do have the legit version installed as any good TWC member would, but can someone list links for all the required patches,i would be forever in debted to you, thou all i can offer is rep

Thank you very much advance - cant wait to play with the legions

PS: keeping bittorrent open to help with people downloading, definately the easier option

Thank you for everyone help here, got it all installed and about to try ti now, think i hve followed the procdures correctly, not sure thou, tried to follow the setup in the reported bug thread to avoid missing skeletons

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=386590

Thanks to all

Edit:sorry guys, how do i start a campaign, i only have the options for historical & custom battle, btw im using the Alexander campaign disc
    Last edited by AgentGB; September 09, 2010 at 11:17 AM.

Default Re: Just alittle bit of help sorry for the thread....

u just need one expansion...try on gamespot.com...search for your game there and under downolad u will find all the patches...and ofcourse if u need cracks...well icant help u with that...i think u know where to look for them...

Permenion's Avatar Foederatus

Well, if previous reply didn't satisfy you....Here you got em
    Seems like the preferred file hosting website on here is filefront;
    but I've never had problems downloading from Softpedia.
    You mean the RTW regular patches right?
    If yes, here's

RTW patch 1.3
    http://games.softpedia.com/get/Patch...sh-Patch.shtml

RTW patch 1.5
    http://games.softpedia.com/get/Patch...15-Patch.shtml

-Permenion

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by marinm View Post
    u just need one expansion...try on gamespot.com...search for your game there and under downolad u will find all the patches...and ofcourse if u need cracks...well icant help u with that...i think u know where to look for them...
    dude you are awesome! i will go out and buy the game again soon, tbh ive already bought it twice, and on both occasions, lent it to work friends, never to be seen again if i can run it of the expansion packs that brilliant, gonna go on gamespot now, i feel like ive only got one shot at getting the installation process right otherwise i will have to go and re-buy rome asap

thank you marinm

+rep - installtion process ive already read over a dozern times to make sure i get it right

awesome thank you Permenion = rep too dude! you guys are a credit to the TWC

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Permenion View Post
    Well, if previous reply didn't satisfy you....Here you got em
    Seems like the preferred file hosting website on here is filefront;
    but I've never had problems downloading from Softpedia.
    You mean the RTW regular patches right?
    If yes, here's

RTW patch 1.3
    http://games.softpedia.com/get/Patch...sh-Patch.shtml

RTW patch 1.5
    http://games.softpedia.com/get/Patch...15-Patch.shtml

-Permenion
    hey sorry to bother you dude, these patches ok for a UK version??? sorry

i dont think it matters...they will work...100%

Indefinitely Banned

thanks for the quick reply dude, just being over cautious

Indefinitely Banned

i seemed to have hit a pretty big bump, as ive stated, i cant reinstall rome as i havent the CD so trying to work of my previous installtion

i have fourth age & realism mod installed, its from a long while ago, so is it possbile to uninstall these without altering anything, or install over the top of it??? i know its been stated it it must be a clean version?

this is a bit more a techical question

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by AgentGB; September 05, 2010 at 12:51 PM.

if these other mods are submods...like i have third age and lots of other mods...they dont mess with vanilla game...they are submods...u should check if they are that...what i see...u are clear to go...

check on these mod pages do they overwrite vanilla

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by marinm View Post
    if these other mods are submods...like i have third age and lots of other mods...they dont mess with vanilla game...they are submods...u should check if they are that...what i see...u are clear to go...

check on these mod pages do they overwrite vanilla
    thanks dude ill check it out, i think fourth age uses a sub mod folder, not sure about the rome realism mod thou? but will check it out, thanks again marinm!!!

yea rome realism....it doesnt look good....lol...

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

The problem with mods that even 'mod foldered' ones sometimes change the files in the data folder or elsewhere. We don't know what they do.

You can try installing it and seeing what happens.

I suggest that you launch vanilla RTW and vanilla RTW BI to see if they 'work' for this iinstall. If they do then copy the folder to a new location and install RSII there.

However, the advice to install over a clean working RTW is there for a reason.

The usual advice for mods is to keep the original RTW folder clean and simply copy it to another location and then apply mods to there. I've been doing that since 2005 and have never had to uninstall / reinstall RTW ever since.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by AgentGB View Post
    thanks dude ill check it out, i think fourth age uses a sub mod folder, not sure about the rome realism mod thou? but will check it out, thanks again marinm!!!
    Ther is a mod foldered version of RTR PE if that is what you mean by 'rome realism' but there is also a non mod fodlered version.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post
    Ther is a mod foldered version of RTR PE if that is what you mean by 'rome realism' but there is also a non mod fodlered version.

hmmmm thank you very Brusilov for you very much for the reply, trying to work out which one it is now, seems to have darth formations, as a file, there, so im looking for him in the credits off one of the two, i think i will have to re-pick the game up this monday, totally forgot i was playing these mods at one point

thank you very much for your help guys, i know creating un-needed problems which could be solved by icking up rome again, just short on funds to the end of the month, sorry guys,

thank you very much thou, still have some sort of fighting chance atm! thank you!!

edit: given out to much rep Brusilov will rep you later thank you

Citizen

No problems - if a mod is mod-foldered there will be a folder that looks like the 'TATW' one. I've forgotten what the RTR PE one is but it's probably 'RTRPE'....

I'd suggest buying a RTW/RTW BI/RTW Alex set and never loan it out to anyone. The good news is that they are quite cheap now.

There is always Steam but I think it's best to get the discs - I don't know if you can play MP with Steam using Hamachi or other things.

Permenion's Avatar Foederatus

Best way to avoid problems is making a copy of your folder each time you want to install a new mod..
    That is... if you have sufficient memory on your computer ofcourse... (each folder is like 2,3 gig)
    I have about 4 mods now running on RTW all on the same computer (RS 1.6, RS II, EB and LOTR mod)
    But I guess you already knew that...lol
    Last edited by Permenion; September 05, 2010 at 03:28 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Thank you! Help not needed atm

nevermind...... got it working!
    Last edited by AgentGB; September 09, 2010 at 11:38 AM.

Citizen

Default Re: Little bit of help needed again

OP has mod working.

Closed.