Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roman Rebellion

Default Roman Rebellion

Hey guys, I watched my brother plays RS2 Roman Campaign last night and a Roman Rebellion occurred during 538 AUC, But I'm at 548 AUC now still no Roman Rebellion, I got "Death stalks the land" instead, Was it normal please tell me when the rebellion will occur, I will gather my troops around Rome for now! BTW my scripting works fine. Thanks
    Last edited by Evangelion; September 05, 2010 at 10:56 AM.

Default Re: Roman Rebellion

The rebellion is random, i think when you reach a certain number of provinces it has a chance of happening.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

My understanding is that there are two rebellions as mentioned in the Release Thread.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

That is true. I cant remember when the game starts so i may be describng the wrong one. There is a reblleion in italy at some stage, but i dont know the conditions for that. The one i was describing was the big massive crazy one where you lose half your empire, but i expect there is probably more info in the release thread.

I am so ready for the first Roman Rebellion is there anyway to trigger this, It sucks i can't continue my Gallic conquest knowing that half of Italy will come marching towards Rome, Well i managed to build forts around Rome and Capua and garrison with full stack of units!

i think its completely random, it happened to me at the end of my second turn after killing hannibal (maybe that triggers it, but i doubte it.

I think it said in the realese thread if you do not win against Hannibal the rebellion will happen quicker or something due to them allying with carthage but it might also be random

Quote Originally Posted by glory-to-rome View Post
    i think its completely random, it happened to me at the end of my second turn after killing hannibal (maybe that triggers it, but i doubte it.
    This happened to me aswell. I had to delay the reconquest of Transalpine Gaul to subdue southern Italy. Very challenging!

It should definitely happen with the first two or three turns or so. It sounds like you didn't reactivate the script on reloading a campaign. Make sure you do by clicking the advisor's portrait and making sure that one denarius is added to your treasury.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Citizen

Does the rebellion get triggered for an AI controlled ROme?

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

No. It would kind of defeat the object of making Rome a decent adversary for the player's faction.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    No. It would kind of defeat the object of making Rome a decent adversary for the player's faction.
    I've seen the Roman stacks in an AI controlled faction.

I got a rebellion 3rd turn lol. I have 1 army in Italy that just defeated hannibal v 3-4 stacks of roman rebels. Think i might be restarting soon...

Oh, I dunno, you can still beat them, but you need to accept that it's not all smooth sailing and you may even lose one or two battles before you win. You may also need to ship some armies around from Sicily, and not be able to build all you want to for a few turns while you recruit more units.

Heh yeah I restarted my campaign, killed Hannibal's army in the first turn, and again Capua and Crotona rebelled. Guess I'm going to have to battle through it.

The first rebellion will occur if you lose too many battles against Hannibal and the Carthaginians. The second rebellion is... unavoidable.
    Campaigns completed: 1 (RTW Vanilla Julii campaign!)

Mods played: S.P.Q.R., 300 Warlords of Sparta, EB, RTR-PE ExRM, Imperator II(Here), RS, Rome Medieval, X.G.M., IBFD VII, Stainless Steel v6.3 (M2TW), Deus Lo Vult(M2TW)
    Mods Currently Playing: TATW(M2TW), RSII, EB

Strange, I've only had 1 battle against them (Hannibal) and I won.

Quote Originally Posted by Limskj View Post
    The first rebellion will occur if you lose too many battles against Hannibal and the Carthaginians. The second rebellion is... unavoidable.
    actually it happens by default a few turns after the begining

I managed to kill hannibal and defeat his army in italy on the first "booting of the campaign" and non of the cities rebelled against me. Did something happen to the script or if you kill hannibal early on you dont have a rebellion?

No idea, I've killed Hannibal on both campaigns I've started and both had rebellions on turn 3.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast