Thread: Launcher crashes

Laetus

Icon5 Launcher crashes

Hello,

I have a problem with the RS2 launcher, every time in start the launcher I get this error message:

AutoIt Error

Line 3689 (File: "C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\launcher\Roma Surrectum II.exe"):

Error: Variable used without being declared.

I work with Windows XP SP3 on a pc that ran RS1.6 fine on full settings

The version of RTW I use is RTW Gold Edition, which is basically RTW 1.5 and BI 1.6 combined.

I do not use steam and you already have the install path (It's in the error message)

What am I doing wrong? I tried installing it again twice now making sure everything is done exactly like shown in the release thread. I even took the precaution of installing RS2 in a seperate empty folder and pasting the data over the clean RTW install. I tried running a faction batch file and that works for about 5mins into the first battle, then it CTD's.

Normally I can figure out what's wrong by myself but this time I'm stumped. So please, what do I do now?

Default Re: Launcher crashes

dont install it in program files...and second install rs2 in smoe new folder then copy that folder(whats in it) in to your rome total war folder and thats all...

btw...make sure u make a new shortcut after u copy all that...cos the old one will point to the new folder

Laetus

Icon14 Re: Launcher crashes

Thanks, I'll try installing it in "C:\Rome - Total War" And I'll let you know if I encounter more problems.