Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad graphics?

Default Bad graphics?

Take a look at this picture:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The campaign map looks like crap, especially the different building-cards in a city.

Any way to fix this?

Default Re: Bad graphics?

Looks stunning for me lol.

Maybe I'm spoiled, but to me the unit and building cards look a little "blurry"...

For me it seems all ok...

Kambe's Avatar Biarchus

have to agree that building cards look blurry

Don't preorder games!

You know, what my gut reaction tells me to say is going to be different from my actual response?

And you know the reason? Because in two words, you have condemned my efforts and the efforts of others over the last 3 years.

Could it possibly be to do with the fact that you're playing at such massive screen resolution that anything based on an engine that's five years and more old will look less slick than the latest TW game?

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

the blurry cards is due to the screen resolution. Because all the UI cards have to be set at a certain resolution or RTW refuses to read them (to my understanding), the game then cheats and simply "stretch" the cards to fit resolutions higher than 1024 x 768, making them look blurry

Crusades
    Historical fiction - Fifty Tales from Rome

Can YOU dance like the Cookie Man?
    Improbe amor quid non mortalia pectora cogis? - The Aeneid
    I run an Asteroid mining website. Visit it before James Cameron takes it from me.

I would say its definitely because he is playing at too big a screen resolution, rome isn't really designed to be played with widescreen if that is what you are doing. Its nothing to do with RS2.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Quote Originally Posted by chaplain118 View Post
    the blurry cards is due to the screen resolution. Because all the UI cards have to be set at a certain resolution or RTW refuses to read them (to my understanding), the game then cheats and simply "stretch" the cards to fit resolutions higher than 1024 x 768, making them look blurry
    Yep. I got the same "problem" It's just that your resolution is higher than the game was made for.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by apple View Post
    Yep. I got the same "problem" It's just that your resolution is higher than the game was made for.
    Yes, it's a really bad 'problem' and ruins the whole RSII experience for me.

The RSII team should have re-coded RTW to handle modern processors, graphics cards and screens (all combinations).

Come on guys - you have had three years to do this. What have you been doing?

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

watching apple jailbreak every single iPhone he has ever got his hands on?

Crusades
    Historical fiction - Fifty Tales from Rome

Can YOU dance like the Cookie Man?
    Improbe amor quid non mortalia pectora cogis? - The Aeneid
    I run an Asteroid mining website. Visit it before James Cameron takes it from me.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

They could always wait for about 10 or 20 years when their eyesight fails and then everything will look blurred.....

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    You know, what my gut reaction tells me to say is going to be different from my actual response?

And you know the reason? Because in two words, you have condemned my efforts and the efforts of others over the last 3 years.

Could it possibly be to do with the fact that you're playing at such massive screen resolution that anything based on an engine that's five years and more old will look less slick than the latest TW game?
    Whoops, sorry tone. I didn't mean to offend you or those that have worked on this mod. I think this is a great mod and everything looks awesome. I love what you guys have done with such an old engine. It was just that the building and graphic cards looked a little out of place compared to everything else that looked so smooth. I didn't mean that your work was crap, just that it looked bad on my computer, probably due to something on my end.

I'll try to turn down the resolution and see if it looks better.

EDIT: Yep, that seemed to do the trick. It looks much better on 1024x768 than on max screen resolution.
    Last edited by Centaurion; September 05, 2010 at 08:25 AM.

I play on resolution 1280x1024 and unit card looks blury, but i can live with that.

It looks fine, but the pixels on the building cards

PLEASE RESPECT MY ETHNICITY AND RELIGION! -Hunyadi

Nordmann's Avatar Senator

I've actually had those blurred UI cards for a good number of years, since I upgraded to a 1280x1024 screen, and I've got used to it.

Regardless, those faction UI themes are epic.

So is (1024) x 768 the highest res level? I have a 1080 (4x3) monitor can I get the game to display this res. On the options screen there does not seem to be an option beyond 768 res. Is this the case or am I doing something dull
    Thankyou

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

All of the UI graphics for this game were made for 1024x768 res. max. Anything higher, and they start to look stretched and blurry. Still, I have mine set to 1600x900 on a huge flatscreen, and they look fine to me.....well, I'm vision impaired bit, but so what? LOL

Anyway, yes, 1024x768 would be optimal, and yes, RTW can display that.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

poor tone )

Sad, but true - people are so spoiled these days!

'Lowering' the resolution does help in many ways, it's just so useful to do it anyway.

The 'graphics' and the more 'modern' engine in Rome2 is possibly the only reason to see what can actually be done with Rome2, but sadly 'modern' doesn't even come close to approaching 'better'. Let alone that, if I am concerned about Cavalry in RTW/RSII, then Rome2 is 10x worse........
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast