Thread: Getting rid of siege machines

Default Getting rid of siege machines

Hi,

is there any way, to get rid of the siege machines? I simply don't like having campaign battles with them. I tried to modify the "export_descr_unit.txt" in the "Play_One_Turn\data" subfolder with simply erasing the factions, which are able to build them. I was surprised, when the game crashed 2 seconds after starting it via the launcher. It worked perfectly in EB with this "trick". Then I modified the same file in the Main\data folder, but nothing happend ingame...at least, it didn't crash on the startup

From what I understand, the "export_descr_unit.txt"in the "Play_XYZ" subfolders are for that specific campaigns, but what is the file for in the "main" RS2 folder?

Can anybody help me? Thanks in advantage

€: BTW, just for the case it isn't obvious: I'm playing one turn recruitment mode

Default Re: Getting rid of siege machines

If you want to remove siege machines you have to remove stuff from the EDB not the EDU.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Default Re: Getting rid of siege machines

Really? Strange, because modifing the EDB worked in EB. I just removed the faction entries and when I loaded a savegame, I wasn't able to recruit the "erased" units any more. But modifying the EDB is so much more effort...I have to take a look, if it's worth it. Maybe I just make the siege machines extremely expensive, so that they don't get build because of the price. Is there a limit?

But thanks anyway

€dit:
    Ok, I've modified the EDB and it works perfectly. It didn'T take as long as I thought it would, just 20 mins. Now I'm satisfied
    Last edited by Captain Slow; September 05, 2010 at 09:02 AM.