Thread: ctd and bugs I found

Default ctd and bugs I found

Okay This is really annoying. Letīs explain:
    I started various campaign with Romans and each time the script of hannibal gonna attack me and I accept the battle, the game CTD and in log.txt doesnīt appears nothing. Also thereīs no error message.
    I decided to pass a turn and hannibal siege a city and so thereīs no bug...well I shall accept it.

Now I want to ask about this bug: Iīm sieging Carthage, so when I use the siege tower units doesnīt climb it and so canīt get into the walls. why?

Another question is that I see the menu with too much shine, is that so?

PC: XP SP3 32bits, 4GB RAM,1TROM,Gforce 9800GT.(I donīt think this could be the cause of problems)
    RTW Version: Alex 1.9
    Steam: No
    Install Path: D:\COPIA PARA ROME SURRECTUM II\Rome - Total War
    Launcher Options:RomeTW-Alex.exe, Roman Campaign, High Res unit models, Post-Marian Roman General, High Quality Vegetation, no bloom.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Default Re: ctd and bugs I found

The problem of units not getting into some towers is a RTW bug is a RTW bug and not mod specific.

The shiny UI is caused by you having Bloom Effects - if you read the install instructions it's clearly stated there.

"Another problem with the bloom is that the UI is too bright. You can disable it for the campaign map using shift+f12, and re-enable it for battle with the same keys."

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Yep that's a RTW bug and the brightness is the bloom setting.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

As was suggested in the install thread if you use the bloom effect it's probably best to play with 'Minimal UI' which reduces the UI to glare on the battle screen.

Minimal UI looks like this and to me is better:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The command keys are set to be 'mouse over'. The interface can be removed or toggled using PF5, PF6 and PF7 (I think - check in the Control settings in the Options Menu (it may be PF6, PF7 and PF8)).

Also if you use this I suggest that you set up battle speed control key on the Control settings (Battle) in the Options for Pause,. Normal, Doble and Triple as this interface does not have them anymore (I use Shift+P, Shift+N, Shift+D and Shift+T).... If you don't do this then the battle speed will be set to normal and can't nbe changed.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Jaytee's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post
    As was suggested in the install thread if you use the bloom effect it's probably best to play with 'Minimal UI' which reduces the UI to glare on the battle screen.
    I don't know if you didn't notice, but he said,
    Launcher Options:RomeTW-Alex.exe, Roman Campaign, High Res unit models, Post-Marian Roman General, High Quality Vegetation, no bloom.
    So if what he wrote was accurate, then it may not be a bloom settings issue.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Well that is the dark bloom setting. I'm 100% sure.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Hunterbear's Avatar Civis

@Tenerife_Boy - The siege tower bug is on large stone walls where they use enclosed tower as in your pic. I'm still installing RS2, but in vanilla and RS1, if you click on 'top' of the wall to the left and then right of your siege tower and 'repeat as often as necessary', I've been able to get the men to enter and climb the tower. Very tedious, especially to get the last man in, but it worked for me.
    Hope that trick still works in RS2!
    Happy conquering!