Thread: CTD in every campaign battle

Default CTD in every campaign battle

Path: C:\Jon sin mappe\Activision\Rome Total War
    Version: BI 1.6
    Steam: No
    Launcher option: Cimbri/BI.exe

Campaign battle ctd after a while, have tried two different battles (same army tho).
    It works fine for a while, and then black screen and windows tells me romeBI stopped working...
    ¨Philip of Macedon: “If I enter Laconia, I will level Sparta to the ground.”

¨Spartan reply: “If.”

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: CTD in every campaign battle

try reinstalling

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopit View Post
    try reinstalling
    I will try this, if nobody has a better idea. And the autosave_FALSE thing, is that relevant in RS2? Cant seem to remember how to do that.

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

go to RS folder preference folder and change it in preference.txt file

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopit View Post
    go to RS folder preference folder and change it in preference.txt file
    Thanks, I've put FALSE and will try another battle.

Tried another battle, got ctd AGAIN. Sure reinstalling the only option?

What settings are you trying to use for vegetation etc?

Also what sort of computer?

Could be graphics card overheating if you're fighting in heavily forested areas if it works then siezes up during the battle. You may need to use lower vegetation settings.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    What settings are you tring to use for vegetation etc?

Also what sort of computer?

Could be graphics card overheating if you're fighting in heavily forested areas if it works then siezes up during the battle. You may need to use lower vegetation settings.
    I tried default settings, tho I put unit scale huge, it was recommended large. Ill set vegetation etc. down and try again. There was som forested areas in both battles. I didnt think of this because its a relatively new comp, meant for gaming. Thanks tho, Ill get back to you.

Hey,

I'm having the same problem. Windows 7, AMD Phenom II X4 925 2.8ghz processor, 4gigs RAM ddr3, graphics card ATI Radeon HD5600, desktop.

I turned vegetation on lowest, resolution 1280*1024, no rs gloom, no shadows and still it crashes. Last battle I managed to finish, but it crashed as soon as I got the victory screen.

Edit: I got it to work now, I turned down the RS options in the launcher concerning vegetation instead of the ingame options, I also turned off autosave. Seems to have worked for me.
    Last edited by Sureño; September 05, 2010 at 04:42 AM.
    ...Opportunities multiply as they are seized....

Quote Originally Posted by Sureño View Post
    Hey,

I'm having the same problem. Windows 7, AMD Phenom II X4 925 2.8ghz processor, 4gigs RAM ddr3, graphics card ATI Radeon HD5600, desktop.

I turned vegetation on lowest, resolution 1280*1024, no rs gloom, no shadows and still it crashes. Last battle I managed to finish, but it crashed as soon as I got the victory screen.

Edit: I got it to work now, I turned down the RS options in the launcher concerning vegetation instead of the ingame options, I also turned off autosave. Seems to have worked for me.
    Same here, got through a battle, no ctd! I'm either dissappointed in the capabilities of my comp or I'm astounded by RS2 dev team design skills, I dunno which Either way, it looks abit crappier (still awesome) but I get to kill stuff! Thanks Tone!

What a relief.. I have had tons of CTD's and have been unable to understand why. My machine is a real sprinter. The secret seems to be the vegetation setting in the LAUNCHER and not ingame. I wish I knew a long tim ago. Thanks a lot!
    Less is more