Thread: If you get this error, then you've probably done something wrong. Please report the next three messages.

Default If you get this error, then you've probably done something wrong. Please report the next three messages.

1-You don't have Roma Surrectum II installed in the correct folder. (C:\Program Files (x86)\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\bi)
    2- Engine: RomeTW-BI.exe, Faction campaign: -mod:play_rome
    3- In total: 'RomeTW-BI.exe -mod:play_rome-show_err -nm -movie_cam'

Can someone please help me? How badly did i screw up the installation?

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Default Re: If you get this error, then you've probably done something wrong. Please report the next three messages.

You get that series of messages oif you select an exe to run (e.g. RTW Alex) on the launcher and you don't have that installed.

I know because I trired to use RTW Alex without copying the exe across to the game folder.

There was talk that the launcher was going to check to see if the exe was in place before allowing the option - I guess that didn't happen or it was impossible to do.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Default Re: If you get this error, then you've probably done something wrong. Please report the next three messages.

@Brusilov, i don't understand what you mean. I have BI installed and i installed RSII in BI.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by full_too_pale View Post
    @Brusilov, i don't understand what you mean. I have BI installed and i installed RSII in BI.
    No - always install RSII into the game folder not the BI or data folder.

The game folder is where the exe live - in this example it's 'RSII_Public'. If you install does not look like this (with the exception of the RTW alex exe) then the install is wrong.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

When you use the launcher it will set up the shortcut switches in such a way that will allow you to use the RTW BI exe but with the mod installed into the game folder. You don't need to see all that - if the lancher was not used then you would need to know (in fact you would use the '-mod:' switch).

The mod does not use the BI folder.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

Thank you Brusilov. Now i can get into the game. When i try to load a Roman campaign i get this: "Script Error in play_rome/data/world/maps/base/descr_regions.txt, at line 33, column 10. Belief Cimbrica is unavailable. Is it spelt correctly?"

So so sorry. What did i do wrong now???

Citizen

If you get error messages like this it's best to take a screen print (CTRL+ALT+PrintScreen) and paste the results into either Paint, Gimp (free) or some other image editor - once you've done that upload the file to a host like photobucket (www.photobucket.com) or imageshack (www.imageshack.us) and then post the image (use the IMG code links) into a thread.

Both photobucket and imageshack are free - you have to supply an email to photobucket while I think imageshack does not. Photobucket allows you to arrange your screens into albums so you can find them again.

It sounds a bit complicated but once you get into the habit it's a lot easier.

Sometimes with script errors you need to get out of the game completely and start again (using a load if you have one). Quite often they can be caused by the scriot not being run properly.

I will try to explain this a little better. I can get into the game now. When i click the Roman Campaign a screen comes up with the intro dialogue. Then i set my specifications to control all settlements and to not follow AI. When i click to start the campaign it goes back to the Roman intro dialogue screen. So i exit the game and it gives me the above Script error message. I don't know if that helps anymore. I will try to get an image of it for you.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Could you get a image?
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Quote Originally Posted by apple View Post
    Could you get a image?
    i've got the SAME PROBLEM

THIS IS THE ERROR...ISN'T IT?
    http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/6631/sssssso.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dienice View Post
    i've got the SAME PROBLEM

THIS IS THE ERROR...ISN'T IT?
    http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/6631/sssssso.jpg
    I had the same thing but it turned out to be the farm level figure missing from the prior entry.

RS II - error

If you get this error, then you've probably done something wrong. Please report the next three messages.

RS II - error 1/3

You don't have Roma Surrectum II installed in the correct folder. (C:\Program Files (x86)\games\Roma_Surrectum_2.5)

RS II - error 2/3

Engine: RomeTW-ALX.exe, Faction campain: -mod:play_sparta

RS II - error 3/3

In total: 'RomeTW-ALX.exe -mod:play_sparta -show_err'

Can someone help me?? Please?

I've never had trouble installing mods before which is why ive just created this profile but im stuck on rome total war but ive got mods on medieval total war 2 and empire total war and napoleon total war but i need help for this one please and thanks