Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 12

jukeness's Avatar Domesticus

Default 12

The game works fine and everything, but when i start running the game an error message comes up that has a red circle X and says 12 and nothing else, after I close it it comes back 2 more times and then the game runs fine, but what does 12 mean?

Default Re: 12

I get the X 12 too, and I can start the game up, but can not play. It will say that I need to select an option, but even if I due it will act as though I need to still click the option.
    Ok I just got an Error message that says. Scrip Error in Play_Sparta/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/decr_start.txt, at line 12, column 1 (Expected start date of campaign or battle)
    - What OS do you use? Windows 7

- What version of RTW do you use? RTW BI 1.6

- Are you using steam or not? NO

- Install path

- Which launcher option have you used (exe, faction etc) Rome EXE and ROME BI tired both. Sparta, Battles only and Campain 1 turn. Red X 12 of death.
    Last edited by Leatherneck918; September 04, 2010 at 07:14 PM.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Post a screenshot showing your RTW folders.
    Also post a screenshot of that error message.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Here you go

Well would love too, but I just deleted everything, going for a complete reinstall of everything again. If it happens again I will take pics and post them. If it does not happen again Im going to eat my shoe. Read another post about BI being 1.4 only for some. I thought mine was 1.6 might be wrong about that deleting and reinstalling to check that little part out.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeness View Post
    Here you go
    That not a clean copy of RTW. I see lot's of EB stuff in there. You need a clean Vanilla RTW.
    Son of Legio
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Quote Originally Posted by apple View Post
    That not a clean copy of RTW. I see lot's of EB stuff in there. You need a clean Vanilla RTW.
    Why does the campaign still work then?

Quote Originally Posted by Leatherneck918 View Post
    Well would love too, but I just deleted everything, going for a complete reinstall of everything again. If it happens again I will take pics and post them. If it does not happen again Im going to eat my shoe. Read another post about BI being 1.4 only for some. I thought mine was 1.6 might be wrong about that deleting and reinstalling to check that little part out.
    yeah make sure to check that by staring your vanilla RTW. It should have a 1.5 in it's right upper corner.
    Then start BI it should have a 1.6 in the same corner.
    Son of Legio

Jukeness I dont think RS2 will work with other mods... I see EB in there, but Im not the creator of this mod, I just remeber them saying it will not work with other mods.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeness View Post
    Why does the campaign still work then?
    RS 2 probably wrote over most of the files when it was installed. Tough we cant help you if you don't do exactly as we said in our install instructions. They are there for a reason.
    Son of Legio

Hey apple, please dont be upset with me... I did a complete delete and reinstalled RTW for this mod before downloading. I though I checked to see if BI was 1.6, but Im not sure if I checked. If that turnes out to be the problem I will eat my shoe, because I just cost me almost 2 hours worth of more waiting to play your awsome mod. I hope this is the problem if not Im going to pull my hair out. LOL

I hope it is because I don't know what else it could be and that would be bad.
    Son of Legio

Well can you answer me this, before I reinstall the mod, since Im using BI, do I need to run the installer to rome or rome/BI folders.. I just want to make sure I put it in the correct place.

Rome.
    Son of Legio

OK thanks, have about 5 more minutes before I can try again thanks for the help so far.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

If your folder does not look like this then you've installed wrong:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Well I installed BI, but it did not say wat Version it is. So I updated it with patch 1.6 ran game again still does not say what version it is, but installing mod now

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

The version of the RTW game is shown on the top right hand side of the options menu - as stated in the install instructions.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

On my BI its not there... On my Rome its at 1.5 and its there, but not on BI??

Well there is a problem, I reinstalled the mod, but nothing is coming up like yours. So Im going to try something.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast