Thread: Napoleon Empire Realism (NER) wiki page

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

Default Napoleon Empire Realism (NER) wiki page

Dear Napoleon Empire Realism (NER) community,

We of the wiki team are in the search for some information to create a wiki page for this mod. If you fans/creators could answer some simple questions we could get the page up and running in due time.

Form is below:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    = Description =

= Features =

= The Team =

= Included Mods =

=History= (of the mod how it all come to it, how was the development, any info related to the process of the development

=visual material= (you can include any screenshots, fan made vids, factions previews, feature previews)

Many thanks in Advance,
    The TWC Wiki Team

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

Default Re: Napoleon Empire Realism (NER) wiki page

Huh a whole day since this was posted and no reply? Times sure changed.
    Here is my shot at it. I'm not an official member of the team or anyting but I've been around since the beginning of NER with lots of posts in the mega-thread.

= Description =
    What is NER?

NER, which stands for Napoleon Empire Realism, is a gameplay modification for Napoleon Total War that significantly changes the game from vanilla Napoleon Total War. The aim of the mod is to create a much more realistic and historical game play experience, both in terms of the human player experience, and how the AI behaves. The mod completely changes the pace and feel of the game, and you will find that the game is now much more intriguing, difficult, and fun. This mod is a work in progress (WIP) that is continually being updated. The idea is to come as close as possible (in game terms) to reflecting the reality of Napoleonic warfare and society.
    From http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=370186

= Features =

Very many, wish I could think of them all. Hopefully JaM or DaVinci will answer in detail as I am no good at condensing all the changes into a few sentences.

= The Team =

Mod Founder
    JaM: Modding (diverse aspects), testing, researchment // focus-department: Combat.pack, Combat_MP.pack, Essentials.pack, partly: Campaign.pack, CAI.pack, Text.pack, patch-compatibility ; management (diverse), local moderator.

Joined post v0.5
    DaVinci: Modding (diverse aspects), testing, researchment // focus-department: Campaign.pack, CAI.pack, Text.pack, partly: Combat.pack) ; management (forum/team coordination), local moderator.
    Seijitai: Researchment, 2d art-graphics, testing // focus-department: historical detail researchment ; co-management (public promotion/relations person), local moderator.

Joined post v0.76
    FilipVonZietek: Testing, researchment // focus-department: multi player mode.
    St. Cyr: Testing, researchment // focus-department: single player mode ; public support (help moderation, FAQ authoring).

Joined while v0.76.1/0.7x (internal version)
    ♔Pdguru♔: Testing, researchment, 2d art-graphics, QM/visual effects // focus-department: single player mode ; public support (help moderation).
    MrT: Testing, researchment // focus-department: single player mode ; public support (help moderation).
    Shaggy1973: Modding, testing, researchment // focus-department: startpos.esf ; public support (help moderation).
    rikktherek: Modding // focus-department: visual effects.

Parttime, freelancer, guest modder
    ./.

Ex-members (also non-membership/or inactive times)
    MCM: Support, testing (joined the team post v0.6, departed the team after the 0.75 release as for a separate project).
    ♔Pdguru♔: Battle mode testing (joined the team post v0.6, departed the team after the 0.75 release); re-joined after 0.76 release.
    Gill: Unit Maker candidate (joined the team post v0.75.1, departed the team due to real life things while v0.76.1/0.7x internal version).
    Lord Zimoa: Historical advice, testing // focus-department: consulting campaign and battle mode development. Joined post v0.75.1. Departed while post-0.76.1/0.7x internal version, as for his Lordz Studio project duties and Real Life.

= Included Mods =

Without modding tools, nothing would be possible. The work on community tools is incredible.
    The makers of the PFM, thread-link: NTW Pack File Manager

Mod work used within NER or inspired by:
    Luntik - Generals suicide-tendency fix
    Flagcarrier - tracers removal mod
    Baron von Beer - Modified deployment zones mod (a highly recommended mod for NER)
    Bethencourt - Certain naval changes inspired by his ETW mod
    From http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=352828

=History= (of the mod how it all come to it, how was the development, any info related to the process of the development

Was first major released mod for N:TW. Many progressive releases with updated features and fixes instead of one uber mod a couple months after game release.

=visual material= (you can include any screenshots, fan made vids, factions previews, feature previews)

Jeezus why did I start to reply to this? LOL just kidding. More work than I thought it would be. All in good fun though as this was the pinnacle of NTW mods before the Spanish campaign patch.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=352824

Sorry Mr MM if this is not a very clean or detailed response. It is getting way too late to think straight and reply in a cognitive manner. Hopefully someone else will reply too.
    "What a place to plunder!" Gebhard Lebrecht Von Blücher on viewing London from St. Paul's after the peace banquet at Oxford

no problem that is good, we are going to start with this, and if any other info that you guys want to insert be my guest

sorry guys for no reply, but i was quite busy these days... thanks Cartras for posting this

You're welcome JaM. I'm sure you have been too busy with a new release to check the forums very often. Right?

"What a place to plunder!" Gebhard Lebrecht Von Blücher on viewing London from St. Paul's after the peace banquet at Oxford

Oh jam if you can complement or add any info feel free, the idea here is to pay tribute to you guys, so we are at your service

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

It's all okay what Cartras wrote, thanks for all the efforts.

Extra-info: Atm., JaM is the only one active within NER's file productions (updates). But that might change in future, hopefully.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.