Thread: Immobile units

Adler's Avatar Libertus

Default Immobile units

I read on one of the TW or RTR forums one time about immobile units, it was something to do with a barbaian General I think? I am not sure if it was just for BI or available for RTW also. Apparntly the unit could move on the tactical map, but not on the strategic, & had a parameter in the Exp_unit file called immobile... which rendered it city bound.

My thought was that this could be a good option for the Urban & Town watch units. Force them to stay in the city like they would have. It would mean we would need regional legions stationed around the place to deal with uprisings & invaders, (ok the rebels & Germans!). It would aslo mean defence units would have to come from the home town, & that we couldnt ship the Urbans around to defend other centres. I loved the idea of the old, well armed vetrans as City defence. Real "Dad's Army" stuff.

An added twist I thought... does anyone know anything of this option "immobile"?
    I have traversed Roman ruins from Israel, Egypt, Greece, Jordan & Italy.

Believe me, playing the game is more fun!

Chris

Never heard of it, and never seen it in ANY of the mods, dod you have a thread?
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

Sidmen's Avatar Mangod of Earth

That would be a great thing, tho it seems a bit wierd as milita would be used to take out brigands, and the main army would be brought up as a last resort.

wouldn't be against it tho, and it would make the AI have guards in its cities.
    "For the humble doily is indeed the gateway to ULTIMATE COSMIC POWER!"

~Sidmen, Member of the House of Wilpuri, Patronized by pannonian

I don't mind, I fought 2 rebel warbands with 5 Town Watch (Romans)...and I ALMOST lost, didn't lose captain or anything. Besides, dealing with rebel uprisings and small incursions from enemies doesn't need to be done with Legions. Just raise some Auxilia and take 'em out.

-Revan

Exactly, but it would be a good idea.

"Sure there have been injuries and deaths in boxing - but none of them serious" - Alan Minter
    "When a man steals your wife there is no better revenge than to let him keep her." - Sacha Guitry.
    "If one synchronised swimmer drowns, do all the rest have to drown too?" - Steven Wright.

Reidy's Avatar Let ε<0...

thats in the mundus magnas map i think