Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Units/Stuff

alien_t's Avatar В Съединението е Силата

Default New Units/Stuff

Hi,
    Here I'll post some new units or stuff I made some time ago.

The wolf head banner
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

To be used for Khazar captains...

... & generals we borrowed from Russ2. Many thanks to V.I.R!

Redesigned one of the Gogo's slav units - The slav shield-bearers.
    Probably will add a mantle for more authentic representation.

Bulgaria: Total War - Mod For M2TW
    Check my Turnovo, custom settlement video preview or download it here
    Under the Honorable Patronage of B. Ward

"...We are Bulgarians and and all suffer from one common disease [e.g., the Ottoman rule]" and "Our task is not to shed the blood of Bulgarians, of those who belong to the same people that we serve" - Gotse Delchev, Collective memory, national identity, and ethnic conflict: Greece, Bulgaria, and the Macedonian question, Victor Roudometof, Greenwood Publishing Group, 2002, ISBN 0275976483, p. 79.

"The Bulgarians, these are the people, who had everything they wished for. A nation, where the one who buys the nobility with the blood of the enemy receives titles..." - Magnus Felix Ennodius, description of battle at Margus
    (Morava) river 505 AD

Default Re: New Units/Stuff

Here it is what I'm making currently - Turnovo Castle custom battle model. Let see will I be able to put it in game successfully. It could be a patch for High Era campaign of v.2.0

Working Plan:

X - deleted objects, that would not be implemented.
    Walls marked in green would be attackable/defensible/destroyable
    Royal Palace wold be the 2nd line of defense and inside it would be the city square.

First Gate:

"...We are Bulgarians and and all suffer from one common disease [e.g., the Ottoman rule]" and "Our task is not to shed the blood of Bulgarians, of those who belong to the same people that we serve" - Gotse Delchev, Collective memory, national identity, and ethnic conflict: Greece, Bulgaria, and the Macedonian question, Victor Roudometof, Greenwood Publishing Group, 2002, ISBN 0275976483, p. 79.

"The Bulgarians, these are the people, who had everything they wished for. A nation, where the one who buys the nobility with the blood of the enemy receives titles..." - Magnus Felix Ennodius, description of battle at Margus
    (Morava) river 505 AD

2Shy's Avatar Campidoctor

Great work +rep !!!

great stuff

A little progress here

Gate 1 & 2 front & back view:

Pls note the partial Patriarchate's model(partial, marked in red) is not in it's correct position, I just wanted to show it. It should look as much as close like that:

Last edited by alien_t; May 18, 2011 at 04:27 AM.

(Morava) river 505 AD

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Exelent work!+rep!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Thanks mate, if I able to finish & implement it in game successfully, I'll make some for TGC.

(Morava) river 505 AD

It would be a honor for TGC!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Haha, imagine making the whole of Pliska (bigger than Constantinople in terms of land coverage)!
    And, yes, indeed - Tarnovo is starting to look splendid.

Well, there is a good research about Pliska, so this exactly is my plan
    Turnovo is my passion, so that's why I've started with it.
    Last edited by alien_t; March 22, 2011 at 08:48 AM.

(Morava) river 505 AD

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBG View Post
    Haha, imagine making the whole of Pliska (bigger than Constantinople in terms of land coverage)!
    And, yes, indeed - Tarnovo is starting to look splendid.
    No i have something better..
    Imagine to assign to a Bulgarian the construction of Constantinople that he will have to conquer it!!
    Any way ...It realy look exelent so far.
    I wish you Alien best of luck with it!

i'm relieved you're still working on this mod

Yes indeed. The last version of modfolder is from 05.03.2011

(Morava) river 505 AD

New addition - the Tsar's Palace(1st from the left @ 3D view). Special thanks to Nikolay Kolev who generously gave it to us.

(Morava) river 505 AD

Last edition, The Balduin's Tower.

Here it is how the real one looks like, at least the renovated.
    http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p...o/IMG_0053.jpg

(Morava) river 505 AD

This is the final version of Patriarchate's model. It's not the exact copy, but still close to the original.

(Morava) river 505 AD

The Models look amazing .Cant't wait to see them in the game.Nice job alien_t !

Quote Originally Posted by alien_t View Post
    Hi,
    Here I'll post some new units or stuff I made some time ago.

The wolf head banner

That "Banner" is actually a draco. The banner that you have behind the head is a wind sock designed to catch the wind through the open mouth of the wolf in this case. This causes the wind sock to flutter with movement as if its alive. The originals were usually serpents and were taken up by the romans for their cavalry standards. (adopted from horsemen tribes of the steppes). Hence the name draco. In this case I can't imagine that the head would be an actual wolf head but a copper or tin replica of a wolf head. This roman tradition was passed onto eastern roman successor states.

Last edited by DisgruntledGoat; May 14, 2011 at 11:32 AM.

Thanks for the info mate.

(Morava) river 505 AD

+rep

TTW GRANDMASTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast