Thread: Which submod?

Default Which submod?

I love the whole DMUC mod pack, but I'm trying to disable the one that adds all the historical units using the mod manager. It just clutters my interface too much when creating units. Problem is, I can't figure out which one it is. Anyone know?

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Which submod?

to play dmuc you generally need to use the launcher it comes with and NEVER use mod manager. it just CTD's when u try to use it for DMUC. which version of DMUC r u playing and which faction?

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

I was trying to disable the extra named regiments too.
    It seems you have to disable them with the editor.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

if you are using DMUC 6.0 you can also go

Game Play Options Menu:
    Core Options

DM CORE (NO EXTRA UNITS) - This option allows the player to play with the Extra Units disabled. Note that the AUM Units are still included. Deployed Ranks for are set to 6 for all heavy infantry.
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

I finally did figure out that in 6.2 you can disable DMUC_CORE to disable the extra units, but unfortunately that disables other things as well. Anyone know how to disable them with the editor without deleting the info?

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

the easiest way is to open the units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions, and change the True to False, this will disable the unit. You will have to review each of the DMUC tables, though if you have excel you can copy and paste, make the edits then copy/paste back in to the editor, if you get stuck let me know
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by ♔hammeredalways♔ View Post
    the easiest way is to open the units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions, and change the True to False, this will disable the unit. You will have to review each of the DMUC tables, though if you have excel you can copy and paste, make the edits then copy/paste back in to the editor, if you get stuck let me know
    Excel works with the editor?!?
    That's news to me.
    What version of the editor? I have an old one.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Bah, this problem is kicking my ass. Using the editor like Hammeredalways suggested, I've figured out how to a unit's availability. However, it only lists units that came with the game, not units that have been modded in. Units like guards, superior line infantry, Death's Head Hussars (all Prussian) are listed, but all the different variations of line infantry, specifically the numbered regiments, aren't. Anyone know how to find these units and make them unavailable? I suspect that when I open the dbeditor, I'm selecting the wrong pack file to edit, but I have no idea which one includes these units.

Xwhyzed's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer463 View Post
    Bah, this problem is kicking my ass. Using the editor like Hammeredalways suggested, I've figured out how to a unit's availability. However, it only lists units that came with the game, not units that have been modded in. Units like guards, superior line infantry, Death's Head Hussars (all Prussian) are listed, but all the different variations of line infantry, specifically the numbered regiments, aren't. Anyone know how to find these units and make them unavailable? I suspect that when I open the dbeditor, I'm selecting the wrong pack file to edit, but I have no idea which one includes these units.
    There are many units_to_exclusive_faction_premissions_tables
    most of the prussian new units are in the gaz_... table

Quote Originally Posted by Xwhyzed View Post
    There are many units_to_exclusive_faction_premissions_tables
    most of the prussian new units are in the gaz_... table
    You sir, are a genius and a god among ants. When selecting the file pack, I'd only been checking the box next to darthmod, thinking it was all inclusive. After checking all the boxes, this table was visible. Awesome, problem solved.