Thread: The Walking Dead: TV Series (Comic spoilers in tags with warning)

Claudius Gothicus's Avatar Petit Burgués

Default Re: The Walking Dead

I really liked the episode, not only because they kinda "closed" the pilot's storyline with Morgan and Duane... but because in the meantime the show explored a little bit into other alternatives, other "paths" and reactions to the whole zombie scenario. What I mean is that here you've got the "lone-wolf" situation, something that we do not see due to the protagonists dealing with things collectively or at least collaboratively, Morgan being forced into absolute loneliness, losing his loved ones and still finding a purpose (in a wicked and sad way yes)... to clear, to clear zombies and hunt them down.

I liked it.

Under the Patronage of
    Maximinus Thrax

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

I liked it as well.

I also liked this

Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

So Rick worked as a Sheriff, less than a half days drive from a prison, and he didn't know about it???? I didn't really think the episode was that awful, save for it was just sort of uneccessary and sort of off-topic in a time when **** is going down. Def could have done without the retarded knife fight. And would it seriously kill these writers to have any sense at all of time and space in their writing??? It's also nice to know that we can add Michonne to our list of characters who have access to cheat codes. We saw Herschel last season using the unlimited ammo cheat and now we just saw Michonne use a "No clip mode" cheat.

I'm not really looking forward to the next episodes after that preview. Rick goes to talk to the Governor???? Why in the hell would he do that? If they actually had something to negotiate over, taht would make sense. However, the governor has made it quite clear he wants them dead for no other reason then to have their spot and stuff minus them. He attempted to kill Michonne for no reason at all. Michonne knows about the heads. And he had Glenn tortured and fake raped Maggie into giving up their spot. And then on top of all that, he came and attacked them for absolutely no reason and ruined their fence and got the prisoner killed. WTF is their to talk about? Just seems like the stage has been set for some more garbage ass writing....

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

I think they drove a lot further than 'half a day' they're already on the road when the episode starts and we don't see them get back, if they stopped over night the prison could easily be 4-500 miles away. It's quite possible Rick didn't know about that specific prison, maybe they've crossed state lines.

Why no one ever seems to look at a map is another matter.

Why do you even watch the show? every week you do nothing but complain, some justified but by and large I think you'd be a lot happier if you just gave up watching..

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    I think they drove a lot further than 'half a day' they're already on the road when the episode starts and we don't see them get back, if they stopped over night the prison could easily be 4-500 miles away. It's quite possible Rick didn't know about that specific prison, maybe they've crossed state lines.

Why no one ever seems to look at a map is another matter.

Why do you even watch the show? every week you do nothing but complain, some justified but by and large I think you'd be a lot happier if you just gave up watching..
    But see, that's the thing. They are under the threat of being attacked, hell they just were, and even Merle said it was just a taste of what was coming. And they are going to go on a huge trip to his old hometown??? "Hey guys we are going to go on this huge long day trip back to my hometown. Good luck if the governor decides to attack while we're gone!" Where we are in the show right now, to go an entire episode with out mentioning the Governor, or showing the governor, or once again showing Tyreses group...that's amateur ****.

Why do i watch the show? I don't know, maybe it makes into me a masochist or something. I've read a bunch of the story and i like the Zombie genre an this is the only TV show out there. This story has so much potential yet it gets ruined by such crap show writers. And i would have quit after that horse **** last season but i wanted to see what happened with the prison. The first half of this season wasn't bad. But this second half, it's like they were like, "Alright, lets bring back the writers and creators of the super long drawn out farm episodes."

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Fair enough. I admit I was on the edge of giving up after the 'down on the farm' season. But like you I wanted to know what happened when they reached the prison. So far it's not been that bad and this week, despite the obvious 'road trip' was much closer to the direction I want the show to go in. Besides the reasoning for taking a road trip was sound, get more guns/ammo. Kind of reminded me of the first couple of episode when Rick was on his own.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by HissingNewt View Post
    So, am I the only one who doesn't mind Carl? I think a lot of it has been the writing.
    Nope. You're not the only.
    The Armenian Issue

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

I hate Carl in the TV series. His chubby face is so punchable.

Lord of the Drunk Penguin's Avatar Tribunus

Great episode. Too bad they did a lot of talk and yelling but not enough killing.

Also, hope the Governor gets killed real slow. Just saying.

EireEmerald's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by brandbll View Post
    So Rick worked as a Sheriff, less than a half days drive from a prison, and he didn't know about it???? I didn't really think the episode was that awful, save for it was just sort of uneccessary and sort of off-topic in a time when **** is going down. Def could have done without the retarded knife fight. And would it seriously kill these writers to have any sense at all of time and space in their writing??? It's also nice to know that we can add Michonne to our list of characters who have access to cheat codes. We saw Herschel last season using the unlimited ammo cheat and now we just saw Michonne use a "No clip mode" cheat.

I'm not really looking forward to the next episodes after that preview. Rick goes to talk to the Governor???? Why in the hell would he do that? If they actually had something to negotiate over, taht would make sense. However, the governor has made it quite clear he wants them dead for no other reason then to have their spot and stuff minus them. He attempted to kill Michonne for no reason at all. Michonne knows about the heads. And he had Glenn tortured and fake raped Maggie into giving up their spot. And then on top of all that, he came and attacked them for absolutely no reason and ruined their fence and got the prisoner killed. WTF is their to talk about? Just seems like the stage has been set for some more garbage ass writing....
    Are you ever positive about anything? You complain about small things every week and it is more than just an opinion at this stage, you just come across as a miserable bastard. This show is good, and if you don't liike it please stop watching.
    Last edited by EireEmerald; March 05, 2013 at 09:19 AM.

trance's Avatar Vicarius

Lol, A HALF DAY'S DRIVE!? You know how far that is? Between 2-6 hours drive? Simple math, at 70 KMPH that could be anything from 140KM to bloody 320KM.

Why the ******* they left the alone man at the road? WTF they did not lift him? They have a serious human resources management issue.
    In tribute to concerned friends:
    - You know nothing Jon Snow.

Samples from the Turkish Cuisine by white-wolf

Quote Originally Posted by white-wolf View Post
    Why the ******* they left the alone man at the road? WTF they did not lift him? They have a serious human resources management issue.
    That was missed up.

- They leave him behind the first time
    - And for the second time, they get away from him, like he's some sort of fking zombie.
    - and when they drive past him, when he's all ripped of from flesh.
    - NOW, they come back and steal his belongings.
    like wtffff is wrong with them.
    Last edited by Cyrus Da Great; March 05, 2013 at 10:06 AM.

Spoiler for King of Persia
    ᴀʟʟ ʜᴀɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴋɪɴɢ ᴏғ ᴋɪɴɢs

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

I mean the point was to show that they don't/won't trust anybody, to the point of leaving that guy alone to his (inevitable) death. That being said, the whole point of the episode was a scavenging mission to gather guns to fight the Governor with, and they literally come across a potential extra soldier who can shoot aforementioned guns in the Governor's general direction. You'd think they'd at least say hello or something.

Now, that random dude also managed to get himself eaten in a wide-open expanse of road, so maybe he wouldn't have been a great soldier anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I mean the point was to show that they don't/won't trust anybody, to the point of leaving that guy alone to his (inevitable) death. That being said, the whole point of the episode was a scavenging mission to gather guns to fight the Governor with, and they literally come across a potential extra soldier who can shoot aforementioned guns in the Governor's general direction. You'd think they'd at least say hello or something.

Now, that random dude also managed to get himself eaten in a wide-open expanse of road, so maybe he wouldn't have been a great soldier anyways.
    Good point, that's probably the intention of that episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus Da Great View Post
    I believe that was totally retarted.

- And for the second time, they get away like he's fking a zombie.
    - and when they drive past his rip off body.
    Agreed.

"Let's go get a bunch of guns! But not
    too many, since we somehow ended up taking the 2wd compact car with the rather small trunk. But definitely more guns, at the very least more guns than we have shooters...

...and we don't have enough room to pick anybody up so forget recruitment. Well, unless of course it's an unhinged lunatic who cannot remember the guy who set him up with his initial arsenal. He could be useful. But some random hitch-hiker? No way! Especially not some idiot carrying a clanky, poorly packed bright orange backpack, yelling and chasing after us!

Now if he carried something practical, like an axe,
    maybe we could make an exception..."

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Giving tax breaks to the wealthy, is like giving free dessert coupons to the morbidly obese.

IDIOT BASTARD SON of MAVERICK

Quote Originally Posted by chamaeleo View Post
    Agreed.

"Let's go get a bunch of guns! But not
    too many, since we somehow ended up taking the 2wd compact car with the rather small trunk. But definitely more guns, at the very least more guns than we have shooters...

...and we don't have enough room to pick anybody up so forget recruitment. Well, unless of course it's an unhinged lunatic who cannot remember the guy who set him up with his initial arsenal. He could be useful. But some random hitch-hiker? No way! Especially not some idiot carrying a clanky, poorly packed bright orange backpack, yelling and chasing after us!

Now if he carried something practical, like an axe,
    maybe we could make an exception..."

I couldn't have said it better myself!

EireEmerald's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus Da Great View Post
    That was missed up.

- And for the second time, they get away from him, like he's some sort of fking zombie.
    - and when they drive past him, when he's all ripped of from flesh.
    When you've been living in an environment like that for a long period of time, you learn not to take any risks with people you don't know when you don't need to. I understand what they did.

Quote Originally Posted by EireEmerald View Post
    When you've been living in an environment like that for a long period of time, you learn not to take any risks with people you don't know when you don't need to. I understand what they did.
    Plus, when i think about it, What kind of idiot goes out running around with a backpack hitchhiking during the zombie apocalypse?
    And how do you get eaten when you can see for a half mile in either direction?