Thread: The Walking Dead: TV Series (Comic spoilers in tags with warning)

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Walking Dead

Pretty awesome episode, the show is finally hitting the right balance between drama and action.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Dam New-Dog you were a great character but yep, no room for you once New/New-Dog was in the house. I was thinking after the last episode that they haven't really explored the whole of the prison, but you'd think they might have noticed a huge big hole in the outer wall..

Ramashan's Avatar Artifex

Come now, the whole is in the back of the place, they've been too busy looking around inside of making sure the front of the place was secure.

It seems like the whole thing with the Governor and having to clear out the Prison is one giant McGuffin. Throwing us a plot line in order to get the characters someplace the writers need them to go. I've still yet to understand the motivation of the Governor and folk of Woodbury both in the comic and in the show. Oh well, it's been entertaining.

Now that they got Glenn and Maggie out guess they'll have to go back for Darrel.
    Under the Patronage of Lord Condormanius

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    Lol...Well it appears the show really DOESN'T have the budget for more than one black guy at a time
    A dying breed.

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

TV spoiler:

I can't believe T-Dog 2.0 is dead already. You absolutely cannot have more than one black male on this show. T-Dog 3.0 had better watch out.

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post

Comic spoiler..
    If the governor raped Maggie now (which I don't recall happening in the comics) and the series follows the comics, the capture and continuous rape of Michonne is going to have far less impact.
    Yeah, right...
    TWD has become a comedy show, I was laughing loud when New-Dog died.
    And TV-Governor is someone you pity, not hate or fear.

ps: What was Michonne doing in the Governor's house? There was no reason for her (unlike in the comic) to wait for him.
    Last edited by rabenschnabel; December 03, 2012 at 08:35 AM.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Another dead black guy... oh well. Awesome ing episode.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by rabenschnabel View Post
    Yeah, right...
    You pity a guy who had over a dozen people executed? Who was going to have the protagonists executed?

What really got me, was when Andrea walked in, seeing all the walker heads and undead Penny lying on the floor, and felt pity for the Governor. When asked about the heads, he comes up with a half-baked POS story and she feel for it hook, line, and sinker. It struck me as odd, but I don't recall Andrea asking why there was a dead walker girl on the floor, maybe I missed it over the bull story the Governor told her about the heads. Andrea sure knows how to pick the holes.

The group's been in the prison how long and didn't come across that big ing hole in the back, where walkers could waltz in by coincidence? Wow, that's a big oversight to miss.

The group never cleared out the whole prison and it haven't been that long either. They've been locking up cell quarters.

Michonne was there to kill the Governor because she knew that it was him who sent people after her to kill her. Though she should have it closer to the door. Anybody could shot her.
    The Armenian Issue

Andrea already discovered Penny before this. She saw her name somewhere on her desk. She put two and two together as she saw him lying there holding her. To her all she saw was the governor cradling the zombie body of his daughter. She obviously understands that.

Plus the group knew about the hole in the back, but nothing they could do except lock down quarters which is what they did. Remember Herschel said in this episode that the undergrounds are crawling with the undead, that they just come in. But yeah I agree that hole in the gate should of been covered.

Lord of the Drunk Penguin's Avatar Tribunus

You know what's scary about TV Governor?

He's so persuasive especially with the recent wound, that when he talks, man, I feel like I can follow him anywhere (into the depths of hell and back).
    And I consider myself an educated man.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Drunk Penguin View Post
    You know what's scary about TV Governor?

He's so persuasive especially with the recent wound, that when he talks, man, I feel like I can follow him anywhere (into the depths of hell and back).
    And I consider myself an educated man.
    Exactly. And sometimes he doesn't need to talk. When Merle came into the room and asked what happened to him, that look the Governor gave him said it all. He didn't need to say a thing!
    I may not be the sharpest tool in the box, but at least I'm in the box!

Oh and I am predicting something, which I will spoil because it happened in the comics:
    The gov died in the comics when a towns person killed him at the battle at the prison. I am predicting that person will be Andrea in the show.

Eeyup, quite likely

I have to say, when the gov tries to look pissed out of his mind he merely comes off as a retard
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridate View Post
    Eeyup, quite likely

I have to say, when the gov tries to look pissed out of his mind he merely comes off as a retard
    I thought he did it well. His character was obviously mentally scarred, especially now so after losing what was left of his old life, his daughter. Not to mention his eye.

Quote Originally Posted by MathiasOfAthens View Post
    Plus the group knew about the hole in the back, but nothing they could do except lock down quarters which is what they did. Remember Herschel said in this episode that the undergrounds are crawling with the undead, that they just come in. But yeah I agree that hole in the gate should of been covered.
    Yeh about that, Herschelle said there are catacombs underneath the jail and we have seen the entire jail from the outside and there was nothing that was vaguely similar to the entrance Tyreese entered. From the looks of it looked like a school or some church and it had catacombs connected with the jail. IDK why they are connected though.

Well, I think Andrea the will understand who did attack when she saw Daryl at the end.
    In tribute to concerned friends:
    - You know nothing Jon Snow.

Samples from the Turkish Cuisine by white-wolf

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by rabenschnabel View Post
    Yeah, right...
    The TV-Governers someone you want to shoot, not pity.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles the cat View Post
    The TV-Governers someone you want to shoot, not pity.
    That would be a mercy killing.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Just saw the Penny, wouldn't it be dramastic if she broke her neck or belly to bite the governor? It would be a wonderful end for that SOB

PS: I remember like that happened in one episode