Thread: The Walking Dead: TV Series (Comic spoilers in tags with warning)

mrmouth's Avatar flaxen haired argonaut

Default Re: The Walking Dead

Starting to wear on me again, like the previous seasons. It just settles down into a buildup for the ending and become monotonous for me. And probably because I do not care one bit for any of these characters to watch the show dissolve into overly dramatic territory.

Just nitpicking. I still watch it. But I feel the need to fast forward at times.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

They are not afraid to show a rape scene. Maybe the character was just trying to scare her.

Blaze86420's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by mrmouth View Post
    Starting to wear on me again, like the previous seasons. It just settles down into a buildup for the ending and become monotonous for me. And probably because I do not care one bit for any of these characters to watch the show dissolve into overly dramatic territory.

Just nitpicking. I still watch it. But I feel the need to fast forward at times.
    I don't feel the same way, I mean season 2 was terribly slow and boring but so far this has been eventful (besides the whole Andrea-Governor relationship, but I'm assuming that's going somewhere eventually).

Quote Originally Posted by MathiasOfAthens View Post
    They are not afraid to show a rape scene. Maybe the character was just trying to scare her.
    That's what I thought happened, didn't think she got raped.

EDIT: Screw spoilers, don't be in this thread if you're not caught up lol.

Wait are we sure they are doing the breaking bad thing? Didn't they do this last year and the other episodes went in like February or something? I can see why Breaking BAd is doing it, because the series is ending. But waiting a whole year for the other 8 episodes of this season would just suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze86420 View Post
    That's what I thought happened, didn't think she got raped.

EDIT: Screw spoilers, don't be in this thread if you're not caught up lol.
    I swear she didn't, he left the room after trying to scare her.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by brandbll View Post
    Wait are we sure they are doing the breaking bad thing? Didn't they do this last year and the other episodes went in like February or something? I can see why Breaking BAd is doing it, because the series is ending. But waiting a whole year for the other 8 episodes of this season would just suck.
    I dont think it will be a whole year since they are using the term mid-season finale.

HissingNewt's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Mangerman View Post
    Eh where are you getting that from. The second half of season 3 starts in early 2013 (probably February again), just like the second half of season 2 did last year.

EDIT: Ah you are talking about Breaking Bad.
    Yeah, I made a big assumption there since they did the exact same thing with Breaking Bad. At least I was wrong on when it returns.
    "Hullabaloo, caneck! Caneck!"

Personally, I'd like to see Merle get what's coming to him in the second half of the season. The man's made no quarrels that he doesn't like many people, aside from those who share his interests, which doesn't leave many. Only reason the Governor keeps Merle around is that he's a brute enforcer, because we all know he doesn't possess many endearing qualities. He's just the type of individual you wish would have their face bitten off, so we didn't need to see it again.

Of the survivors that knew Merle from Atlanta, it'll probably be Rick or Glenn who will off him

Quote Originally Posted by HunterKYA View Post
    Personally, I'd like to see Merle get what's coming to him in the second half of the season. The man's made no quarrels that he doesn't like many people, aside from those who share his interests, which doesn't leave many. Only reason the Governor keeps Merle around is that he's a brute enforcer, because we all know he doesn't possess many endearing qualities. He's just the type of individual you wish would have their face bitten off, so we didn't need to see it again.

Of the survivors that knew Merle from Atlanta, it'll probably be Rick or Glenn who will off him
    Maybe it will be a poetic justice if it was his brother though.

Angrychris's Avatar Primicerius

I could see his brother or the black chick killing him, pretty much anyone with a brain. Did ricks wife's body get eaten by that zombie? I could see a a nice big battle ensuing with zombies crashing in at the end. I'm sure they are gonna leave the episode open for next year when the season finishes like last season.

Leave it to the modder to perfect the works of the paid developers for no profit at all.

Thing with Merle is he looks like the doesnt completely follow rules, he is just ed up and crazy. He was willing to abandon the chase for Michonne but the newbie wanted to keep going and wouldnt lie so Merle killed him. But letting her go will come back to bite him. Either the gov sees Michonne in person or sees some chopped off heads after the battle, either way it he will find out Merle lied and that will either send Merle to Ricks side or something else... He might have to die though after what he did to Glenn, no way Rick will accept him.

And Glenns gf didnt get raped... she was only scared. The gov was just trying to scare her into revealing the location of their camp. He prob figured there was no point in raping her, she was too tough and wouldnt budge. So then he tried threatening to kill one of them and only then did she budge. He knew raping her wouldnt achieve anything.

Ascarona's Avatar Praeses

Did anyone else think the part with Andrea and the geek and the old dude was completely unnecessary btw? I mean, god we already know we will never get anything noteworthy out of the zombies, it's the entire point of a zombie.
    “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.”

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ascarona View Post
    Did anyone else think the part with Andrea and the geek and the old dude was completely unnecessary btw? I mean, god we already know we will never get anything noteworthy out of the zombies, it's the entire point of a zombie.
    The governor is hoping there is some part of his daughter still in there.

It was an obvious filler to pass the time, considering they wont show the raid until next episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    The governor is hoping there is some part of his daughter still in there.
    After the end results with Mr. Coleman, it's safe to say his daughter is irreparably lost. He was freakishly delusional to believe the results would've been anything but positive, about as delusional as Hershel believing that the walkers in the barn were merely 'sick,' before being shown otherwise.

IronBrig4's Avatar Good Matey

Apparently the egghead had never had a close encounter with a zombie. That's why he was being a blockhead.

Comic-related spoiler
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I think the mid-season finale ends with the Governor shooting Daryl, then lying to Merle about it. Marle then gets really mad and chops off Rick's hand.

Under the patronage of Cpl_Hicks

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

It was an obvious filler to pass the time, considering they wont show the raid until next episode.
    I wouldn't call it filler. We know (as in Rick's group) more than any other survivors. not just more but way way more. Many people would still be clinging to the hope there might be a cure, or at least that something of their loved ones remains. That scene had two important elements. One the governor can be under no illusion his daughter is dead which is going to effect him psychologically, a man who is already on the edge. Secondly it further developed the character of the doctor who, iirc, plays a key, if brief, role.

Lord of the Drunk Penguin's Avatar Tribunus

They are not afraid to show a rape scene.
    Why didn't they show one then?
    Last edited by Lord of the Drunk Penguin; November 29, 2012 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Drunk Penguin View Post
    I think it's not about showing or not showing. It's about that, unlike in the comic, rape didn't happen (even in the comic they don't show you the actual rape).
    I don't like how they tone down everything for the TV-series.

And don't get me started with Michonne (wrong actress) or Andrea (WTF!)...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Drunk Penguin View Post
    The main reason is because she wasnt raped at all.