Thread: The Walking Dead: TV Series (Comic spoilers in tags with warning)

Flavius Nevitta's Avatar Civitate

Default Re: The Walking Dead

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ..but that zombie looked quite rotten already. Lorri would have looked more "fresh" being a zombie for but a few hours.
    RESTITVTOR LIBERTATIS ET ROMANAE RELIGIONIS

MINERVAE ET SOLIS INVICTI DISCIPVLVS

formerly known as L.C.Cinna

Indefinitely Banned

She was a Skank ha ha maybe she rotted quicker than most as she had a baby?

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Flavius Nevitta View Post
    ..but that zombie looked quite rotten already. Lorri would have looked more "fresh" being a zombie for but a few hours.
    In addition to that I believe that zombie had no shirt but pants on, which was the opposite of how Lori died. Also, that zombie is flat chested....

Indefinitely Banned

I am preety sure Lori had a fine chest although for a loose woman she kept those bad boys covered up.Where are the clevage shots in this show

Lord Baratheon's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Jurisprudence Tom Cruise View Post
    I am preety sure Lori had a fine chest although for a loose woman she kept those bad boys covered up.Where are the clevage shots in this show
    I take it that the emotion of her death that the producers wanted to convey was lost on you.
    Why would anyone want to see clevage shots of a Zombie?
    Remember, remember, the third of september, the Rome II treason and plot. I know of no reason why pre-order treason should ever be forgot.

Indefinitely Banned

No I want the blonde and the girl with the Chinese guy to get naked.
    I was hoping the govenor would make the women procreate to increase the population of his town then I was sad when I found the party was well you know how it went.

Daily's Avatar Flingin' ma mace son
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Jurisprudence Tom Cruise View Post
    I was hoping the govenor would make the women procreate to increase the population of his town then I was sad when I found the party was well you know how it went.
    So instead of large arena fights it would be large procreate arena orgies? Man someone should buy the rights to that.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

What I thought was kinda weird...

So fat zombie ate Lorri. But where were her bones??? There was nothing there, I mean how would he swallow her skull????
    That was my first thought as well... no bones. Either a huge mistake by the set crew and the director or that zombie was lori. And if it was her was there a large cut into her stomach?

Nah that zombie wasn't Lori. She was dead only a couple of hours before Rick got there and that zombie looked like had been undead for quite some time. And they were definitely trying to show us that the zombie had eaten Lori's dead body, what with all the focus on the zombies fat stomach. And the fact that the zombie looked like he had his fill. He could barely lift his arms to attack Rick.

I reckon the missing bones and other stuff that wouldn't be digestible was probably just an oversight by the TV crew, rather than it meaning something else. It happens all the time in TV and film.
    I may not be the sharpest tool in the box, but at least I'm in the box!

EireEmerald's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Ascarona View Post
    Nope, that was the walker that ate her dead body. It's so bloated because of his stomach contains all the juicy Lori parts.
    Okay answer me this, how the did he eat all of her without leaving bits behind, there was just blood on the ground. No bones or gore. Also, why are the prisoners bodies in the prison not skeletons at this stage, I mean it has been months since the outbreak, WTF.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Artistic license.

|Sith|Galvanized Iron's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Daily View Post
    They could catch up with it this season if they wanted. Season 2 got stretched, and they stayed at the farm far longer than in the comic. I think realistically with the amount of inspiration they can take and how the comic works in segments I would guess to around middle of season 5. There is a lot that happens in the comic that they can use as "fillers", for example a group getting pinned down in a house for an episode (example, nothing more). I need to catch up on the comics...

I would actually recommend the comics a lot. I feel that the story there is a lot more believable and relate able than what we see in the series. Robert Kirkman (the writer) is great at storytelling and it really sucks you in. One of the few occasions where my feelings are actually upset after finishing the last page. Damn you Kirkman... Damn you to hell.
    Ah, yeah season 2 had too much filler stuff for my taste, season 3 is progressing a lot better. Generally it's dumb when they add filler zombiesplashing and cuts out interesting plot content instead.

For sure season 3 got a lot more decapitations and other gore anyhow, is that just a result of higher budget?
    Also responsible for the Roma Surrectum II Multiplayer mode
    Rest In Peace Colonel Muammar Gaddafi
    Forward to Victory Great Leader Assad!

Ascarona's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by EireEmerald View Post
    Okay answer me this, how the did he eat all of her without leaving bits behind, there was just blood on the ground. No bones or gore. Also, why are the prisoners bodies in the prison not skeletons at this stage, I mean it has been months since the outbreak, WTF.
    There was gore, look again. Small fragments of meat were laying around. The zombie could barely move anymore after it ate so much and it's stomach was so full, it makes perfect sense.
    “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.”

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

What I thought was kinda weird...

So fat zombie ate Lorri. But where were her bones??? There was nothing there, I mean how would he swallow her skull????
    Unfortunately, the season was doing just fine, until this episode, when a lot of inconsistecies and bad scripting started to dominate the scenario. I have to say I finally lost my faith in the crew creating a decent zombie tv show. So much good material wasted. I will still watch it anyway cause it is at least a decent show (at least for now) and I still like some characters like Daryl, for example.
    Last edited by paradamed; November 17, 2012 at 04:51 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

I swear they were Loris eyes.I do not think Rick is a man to mess with now.
    I cant wait till Friday to see the next show.

I still like some characters like Daryl
    He is good yes

Why isnt the walking dead on for longer than an hour?!?! Its the best TV programme out there at the moment in my eyes

No it doesnt make sense. T-Dogg was still being chewed on by two zombies and this one zombie was able to eat every last piece of Lori who was herself bloated with a pregnant stomach. Please. Its a up on whoever is in charge of the set and .
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascarona View Post
    There was gore, look again. Small fragments of meat were laying around. The zombie could barely move anymore after it ate so much and it's stomach was so full, it makes perfect sense.
    That makes even less sense then. How did the zombie manage to eat bone but leave behind meat? Is it a bone eating zombie?

And the gore was the tissue from the pregnancy, more or less.
    Last edited by MathiasOfAthens; November 17, 2012 at 05:45 PM.

That's a good point about T-Dog still being chewed up. The way I see it there are three scenarios;

1. A bunch of zombies ate Lori but we only see just the one zombie who ate most of her because he is a greedy zombie.
    2. The tv crew got lazy/careless and forgot about continuity and what not.
    3. Lori is still alive (undead of course) and that bloated zombie has nothing to do with anything!

Whatever the case, that zombie with the fat stomach definitely wasn't Lori. It looked nothing like her. Besides, as you said, her stomach was cut open in order to get the baby out and that zombie's stomach was perfectly intact.

I just think we are supposed to believe that zombie somehow ate Lori. I know there are no bones or much of anything else, in comparison to T-Dog) but I guess the tv crew just got a bit careless with it. It's not major though. I can overlook it.
    I may not be the sharpest tool in the box, but at least I'm in the box!

Yeah its not major but it surely confuses the viewers.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Could it all relate to Morgan needed to kill his wife in season one ?