Thread: The Walking Dead: TV Series (Comic spoilers in tags with warning)

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: The Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by mattgoby View Post
    Rick get a new family your one is .

Seriously though, who was that watching carole? Are we supposed to expect an attack on the prison soon?

And i'm sorry, even if they were an inexperienced unit, which they weren't as in the midst of high panic at a government camp they kept together and busted out with full weapons and equipment. They would have at least fired ONE shot back.
    you're one episode behind

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post

(comic spoiler below)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    They took some issues to find out about how the governor was a psycho if my memory doesnt fail me. I may be wrong, not entirely sure. They pretty much reveal the governor is a psycho in the same episode he is introduced.

In his second appearance he sends Rick to fight in his 'games' and then chops his hand off. So pretty much straight off the bat. The series is way off plot at this point though.

Lord of the Drunk Penguin's Avatar Tribunus

Seriously though, who was that watching carole? Are we supposed to expect an attack on the prison soon?

And i'm sorry, even if they were an inexperienced unit, which they weren't as in the midst of high panic at a government camp they kept together and busted out with full weapons and equipment. They would have at least fired ONE shot back.
    This.

I'm with full auto in my hands, suddenly a dude drops by
    and shoots one of my friends with a pistol.

Me and my friends are so taken aback by this righteous dude that somehow, we ALL forget we have assault rifles in our hands.
    How is that ing possible?

mattgoby's Avatar Campidoctor

No i'm in the uk. Episode 3 is what we have right now, unless onecame out last night and i forgot.
    "some people say the iraq war is unnessasary, however i disagree its good practise in case one comes along that we need to fight, just in case the germans have another go"-AL MURRAY

"us british our world war champions of the world"-AL MURRAY

Quote Originally Posted by Hopit View Post
    Yeah you're wrong. The next one is on November 4th.
    Fail.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

I think Hopit only read part of mattgoby's post, not seeing the last bit, in which case it would have been logical for Hopit to think matt was one episode behind.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Pċsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Drunk Penguin View Post
    This.

I'm with full auto in my hands, suddenly a dude drops by
    and shoots one of my friends with a pistol.

Me and my friends are so taken aback by this righteous dude that somehow, we ALL forget we have assault rifles in our hands.
    How is that ing possible?
    The first thing a soldier would think of is not "shoot back" its "Find Cover, Assess the situation"

And being a military soldier in the field is nothing like cod, you are more often than not tierd as hell, and you dont get enough sleep. Cant imagine it being any different during a Zombie apocalypse where most of your friends died. They were taken off guard, and thus were unable to respond effectively. Perfectly understandable.

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    I think Hopit only read part of mattgoby's post, not seeing the last bit, in which case it would have been logical for Hopit to think matt was one episode behind.
    That part wasn't there when I commented

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

I lost patience halfway through the second season. How is the third one so far? Is it as good as the 1st?
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

Quote Originally Posted by beckyolt View Post
    I lost patience halfway through the second season. How is the third one so far? Is it as good as the 1st?
    It is better than season 2 overall.

First one of season 3 is even better than whole season 1 methinks.
    In tribute to concerned friends:
    - You know nothing Jon Snow.

Samples from the Turkish Cuisine by white-wolf

Quote Originally Posted by Pċsan View Post
    The first thing a soldier would think of is not "shoot back" its "Find Cover, Assess the situation"

And being a military soldier in the field is nothing like cod, you are more often than not tierd as hell, and you dont get enough sleep. Cant imagine it being any different during a Zombie apocalypse where most of your friends died. They were taken off guard, and thus were unable to respond effectively. Perfectly understandable.
    So... out of 7 or 8 guys NOT A SINGLE ONE could react?

How hard is it to just raise your rifle and shoot as you were trained to?

In the army, you are taught to depend on your mates, that's true, but first you depend on your rifle.
    So you can use it when you have to.
    Because she keeps you alive.
    Last edited by Lord of the Drunk Penguin; October 30, 2012 at 08:52 AM.

Pċsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

In the army, you are taught to depend on your mates, that's true, but first you depend on your rifle.
    You know, they where all shot at? From different angles by an unknown enemy? Its really a moot point, you can argue how "unrealistic" it is, military untrained sitting in a warm chair as you are, but that is what happened in the show and complaining about something like that is really just nitpicking for the sake if it. Particularly because the situation was not implausible at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pċsan View Post
    You know, they where all shot at? From different angles by an unknown enemy? Its really a moot point, you can argue how "unrealistic" it is, military untrained sitting in a warm chair as you are, but that is what happened in the show and complaining about something like that is really just nitpicking for the sake if it. Particularly because the situation was not implausible at all.
    Here you go, assuming I'm military untrained just because I'm on the internet.

Look, I'm not going to debate this. I've been having same useless talks with a guy who spends his time roleplaying as a confederate soldier about the realism in the 'Drop your weapons or we'll shoot' Stand off scene in Saving Private Ryan, in the rainy French village part of the movie.

I'm not going to get steamed up about details again. Simply put, I would've used my training and fired a round. And you can argue that with any military man you want, I doubt you'll find someone who'd just sit there and act dumb while the enemy fires on them.
    I take it, in your army, you didn't use the concept of suppressive fire.
    You were trained to stand there and watch the enemy with the weapon at the ready.
    So who am I to argue?

mattgoby's Avatar Campidoctor

That part wasn't there when I commented
    Yes it was
    "some people say the iraq war is unnessasary, however i disagree its good practise in case one comes along that we need to fight, just in case the germans have another go"-AL MURRAY

"us british our world war champions of the world"-AL MURRAY

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Here you go, assuming I'm military untrained just because I'm on the internet.

Look, I'm not going to debate this. I've been having same useless talks with a guy who spends his time roleplaying as a confederate soldier about the realism in the 'Drop your weapons or we'll shoot' Stand off scene in Saving Private Ryan, in the rainy French village part of the movie.

I'm not going to get steamed up about details again. Simply put, I would've used my training and fired a round. And you can argue that with any military man you want, I doubt you'll find someone who'd just sit there and act dumb while the enemy fires on them.
    I take it, in your army, you didn't use the concept of suppressive fire.
    You were trained to stand there and watch the enemy with the weapon at the ready.
    So who am I to argue?
    These were not regular Army soldiers. They were National Guard soldiers. They don't get as much training as regular soldiers do. And besides, these could be newer recruits.
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    While you are at it, allow Germany to rearm, it's not like they committed the worst atrocity in modern history, so having a strong army can't lead to anything pitiful.

IronBrig4's Avatar Good Matey

Comic and Novel Spoiler
    In case any of you were wondering what the Governor's real name is, it's Brian "Peter" Blake. Before the apocalypse, he was a failed business owner. He went insane after his younger brother and niece were killed.

Under the patronage of Cpl_Hicks

Daily's Avatar Flingin' ma mace son
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    These were not regular Army soldiers. They were National Guard soldiers. They don't get as much training as regular soldiers do. And besides, these could be newer recruits.
    Hell they could have been drafted right around when the outbreak started. Not much time for training when the walkers are about.

Anyhow it was a really strong episode. I really liked that we got a break from the usual group (that sometimes gives me headaches) and focus on something else. I really liked the attention of detail they put into this episode. With the helicopter, barricades and town overall .

I wonder if the Governors daughter will be introduced in the next episode. And if the torture of the Governor will occur like it did in the comics.

I am having high hopes for this season. Lets pray to god they can bring some heavy action and "closures" at the end of it.

The woman watching Carol was another woman from a nearby town who has to do a C-Section too and has absolutely no medical experience either. She figures if she watches Carol practice on Zombies she'll be able to pull it off. All medical knowledge in the new world will be passed down from the vast amount of knowledge that Carol has learned from Herschel, God of Medicine!

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

The director could have gone Tarantino style and all, just like the bar scene in Inglorious bastards but would it make any difference? This is not something that really bothers me at all. Yes, it could have been more realistic, I agree with you. He could just have thrown some 2 or 3 random dudes from governor's camp to die but would it make any difference? It was something very minor in the whole episode, at least to me.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

It really did happen so fast it wasnt likely for anyone to have time to raise their rifle and fire. And all their backs were pretty much turned, facing the governor. True, someone should have raised and shot the governor but they were fired on immediately.