Page 201 of 205 FirstFirst ... 101151176191192193194195196197198199200201202203204205 LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,020 of 4086

Thread: The Walking Dead: TV Series (Comic spoilers in tags with warning)

A Man's Avatar Senator

Default Re: The Walking Dead: TV Series (Comic spoilers in tags with warning)

No, he really shouldn't. He looks fine as he is. The comic counterpart characters all look wider and tougher on page, it would be ridicilous to try and match them for TV.

Finn's Avatar Total Realism

I must say I not a fan of the finale....too far fetched with all the road blocks and what not.......even for the walking dead. The only bright spot for me was the performance of Negan! Looking forward to more of him next season.

Ramashan's Avatar Artifex

Now the writers don't have to decide who they're going to kill off until the whole interweb gets their say.

It is an interesting thought that Neagan killed the audience.

In the end, Rick got cocky and took everyone down that unfortunate road with him.
    Under the Patronage of Lord Condormanius

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by A Man View Post
    No, he really shouldn't. He looks fine as he is. The comic counterpart characters all look wider and tougher on page, it would be ridicilous to try and match them for TV.
    I did not mean for him to muscle up to the extreme, merely to strengthen up a bit.

This is not a figure of an imposing man;

http://cdn2.thr.com/sites/default/fi...7.43.21_pm.png

It is the same actor who played the Comedian in the Watchmen movie, there he looked far more imposing, because he buffed up a bit for that role.

A Man's Avatar Senator

Yeah I know, Watchmen is my favorite superhero movie. You have a point, but the thing is, he was cast in November and they shot his scene immediately after he got the script, he did not really have the time to prepare physically for the role even if he wanted to. He might do it for season 7 though.

It's not rocket science who they're gonna kill. I don't get the hype about trying to figure that out. It has to be certain someone. If they go with someone else it's not just the TV show taking a different path it's would entirely eliminate the impact of what and how it happened in the comics. After that carnage of a few dozen humans apparently being able to destroy a horde they seem to be taking this universe apart piece by piece.
    The Armenian Issue

Soothsayer's Avatar Campidoctor

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    My honest guess is that it was Rosita, she's not really connected to anybody as of now so plot wise it makes sense.
    I WON THIS BATTLE!

Ramashan's Avatar Artifex

The more I think about it, the more I feel that it really doesn't matter who was killed.

This whole season, and part of the last, Rick's group has become more and more aggressive, and the dialogue made no illusion to the fact that Rick was becoming more and more cocky and arrogant about his groups abilities and survival. They did a questionable act and now they're forced to pay for it. As Rick was discovering as he knelt there helpless.

It really wasn't about who was killed, it was about someone in the group paying the ultimate price for what they did and what they've become. Something that Carol and Morgan juxtapose by running away and challenging the lifestyle they've been forced to live.
    Under the Patronage of Lord Condormanius

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

The idea being that we are supposed to question who the real monster is. At this point the Saviors have killed 1 (Denise) member of Rick's group. By contrast There's about 20 dead saviors notched up. You have to start wondering who's moral code is more skewed.

If Negan killed one of the lesser members of the group it's not going to have much impact, especially on Rick. So it has to be one of the core members. Otherwise, there wouldn't be much justification for what Rick's group do, when they get the chance.

IronBrig4's Avatar Good Matey

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    The idea being that we are supposed to question who the real monster is. At this point the Saviors have killed 1 (Denise) member of Rick's group. By contrast There's about 20 dead saviors notched up. You have to start wondering who's moral code is more skewed.
    Let's look at the Saviors' casualty list:
    The patrol that got blown up by an RPG - 7
    The group at the communications building - At least 20
    The redhead's group - 4
    The patrol that got burned alive - 2
    The group that Carol (and Morgan) took out - 4
    Dwight's group - 6, maybe more

The Saviors have been on the losing end against Rick's group. It's tempting to say this puts Rick in a morally ambiguous area. But at least his people don't take pleasure in beating other people to death.

Under the patronage of Cpl_Hicks

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

On first encounter and them guys telling you "give half of everything you have and we'll kill one of you" just to show our superiority... sure they are nice guys. If i had witness such a thing in the apocalypse i would massacre those wherever i see regardless of age or gender.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IronBrig4 View Post
    The Saviors have been on the losing end against Rick's group. It's tempting to say this puts Rick in a morally ambiguous area. But at least his people don't take pleasure in beating other people to death.
    That's why I didn't mind the show of strength Negan forced Rick into with the road blocks. He seems to understand a man like Rick can't be beaten down in one act, he had to take away hope bit by bit. That said, I think even though Rick underestimated Negan, Negan has still badly underestimated Rick.

Rick is certifiably psychotic. Negan's show of enjoyment seemed part of his act, while Rick really is indifferent to killing. To me that makes Rick far more dangerous.

John Doe's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    Negan has still badly underestimated Rick.
    I'm not sure about that one, the RPG fight was a chance encounter with no savior survivor to make a report, the communication building was a surprise attack, and the other attacks where upon isolated groups, so it's only at the last episode that Nolan took personal charge. Rick thought he was taking on a group of similar size or slightly bigger than the one he faced previously. Little did he know he was David poking psycho Goliath. He went gung ho on Nolan without doing any research, the communication building was suppose to provide ultimate victory but ended up like pearl harbour.

Of course you'll be proven right later, Rick is the main character so he's going to prevail somehow.

I would think that it has to be
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Glenn as this will be the main way to drive the story forward like in the comics.

A Man's Avatar Senator

Rewatched the finale. It was even worse the second time. Pointlessly dragged to "90 minutes" with the cliffhanger that ruined the best death scene from the comic book series only so AMC could boost their ratings for season 7 premiere. Pathetic. The show used to be good. Where is good old Frank Darabont?!

John Doe's Avatar Primicerius

I haven't read the comic, but the moment Maggie fell sick I thought to myself: stillborn baby eats its way out. I hope that famous death surpass my twisted imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by A Man View Post
    Rewatched the finale. It was even worse the second time. Pointlessly dragged to "90 minutes" with the cliffhanger that ruined the best death scene from the comic book series only so AMC could boost their ratings for season 7 premiere. Pathetic. The show used to be good. Where is good old Frank Darabont?!
    Frank Darabont made us sit through 8 episodes of sheer mind-numbing boredom on a farm. Good riddance to him.

If you ever find violence doesn't solves anything, you haven't used enough.

IronBrig4's Avatar Good Matey

Quote Originally Posted by GreyFox View Post
    Frank Darabont made us sit through 8 episodes of sheer mind-numbing boredom on a farm. Good riddance to him.
    Darabont didn't have much of a choice, however. AMC badly gutted his budget so they could fund Mad Men instead. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr...rabonts-852491

@John Doe - I'm not sure if a zombified stillborn baby would really do much. Maggie's in her first trimester so the fetus is small and undeveloped. And no teeth.

Under the patronage of Cpl_Hicks

A Man's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by GreyFox View Post
    Darabont had nothing to do with season 2. He was still credited as a creator but it was not him who directed or written it. They fired him previously. And you can thank AMC for "boredom of The Farm", they cut their budget and increased the number of episodes because they knew they would get ratings nonetheless.
    And if you really think this Gimple guy can top a person who worked and created masterpieces like The Green Mile and Shawnshank Redemption you are only deluding yourself.
    Last edited by A Man; April 10, 2016 at 06:30 PM.

MacCarthy's Avatar Miles

Bump for a great start of season 7.

I see JDM as Negan and keep thinking of the Comedian from Watchmen.