Thread: The Walking Dead: TV Series (Comic spoilers in tags with warning)

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Walking Dead: TV Series (Comic spoilers in tags with warning)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinarius View Post
    Only the worst kitchen sink psychologists would imagine that these people there would change from super nice to super bad like that. It's just the usual lazy writing from this big fat a$$hole Kirman and the other morons. Especially, since hunting other humans will sooner or later lead to your own death as you can't expect any mercy for this, once you are busted.
    It's plausible, since everyone is infected, that the idea of eating human flesh is less repulsive post-apocalypse.

Methinks they are former doctors, otherwise the patient (!) could die because of blood loss, considering the operation.
    Could be a good shout. The guy who does all the talking does have the air of a doctor or medical student of some sort.

But that wouldn't explain how they can track the group through the woods and Daryl can't track them. Or why the (T-Dog#3) black guy went off to have a cry on his own.

Azog 150's Avatar Civitate

Funnily enough, I looked up the black populations of Georgia and South Carolina and they both make up about 30% of the population in those states. Just throwing that one out there.
    Last edited by Azog 150; October 21, 2014 at 05:27 PM.
    Under the Patronage of Jom!

He (Bob) was obviously bitten and left the group to succumb and die on his own.
    I check into small hotel a few kilometers from Kiev. It is late. I am tired. I tell woman at desk I want a room. She tells me room number and give key. "But one more thing comrade; there is one room without number and always lock. Don't even peek in there." I take key and go to room to sleep. Night comes and I hear trickling of water. It comes from the room across. I cannot sleep so I open door. It is coming from room with no number. I pound on door. No response. I look in keyhole. I see nothing except red. Water still trickling. I go down to front desk to complain. "By the way who is in that room?" She look at me and begin to tell story. There was woman in there. Murdered by her husband. Skin all white, except her eyes, which were red. I tell her I don't give a . Stop the water trickling or give me refund. She gave me 100 ruble credit and free breakfast. Such is life in Moscow

Denny Crane!'s Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Only the worst kitchen sink psychologists would imagine that these people there would change from super nice to super bad like that. It's just the usual lazy writing from this big fat a$$hole Kirman and the other morons. Especially, since hunting other humans will sooner or later lead to your own death as you can't expect any mercy for this, once you are busted.
    Oh dear learn a little psychology and a little real life before going down the route of even attempting to sound like you know what you are talking about. Torture and brutalisation over a sustained period, after a massive global dystopian collapse and god knows how much trauma along the way could flip more than a few switches and the reality is that it doesn't have to happen to all. The Stanford Prison Experiments are a perfect example of how quickly some people can change given the pressure or even just the circumstance.

Hell if i recall during the crusades there was cases of canabilism. People do flip more than a few switches more easly then expected, i recall katrina and the chaos that folowed, and that wasnt even a big time frame. ( no canibalism there, but pretty horrible things happened.)

Just saying, the whole setting of this show, regarding terminus isnt that far fetched, is actualy a cliche of Post apocalyptic zombie themes, as its actualy recurrent. This show has alot of details, and plots not so well made in the course of the seasons, but overal it sells authentic for the most part. And Canibal theme, honestly it was long overdue imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Crane! View Post
    Oh dear learn a little psychology and a little real life before going down the route of even attempting to sound like you know what you are talking about.
    Here we go again. Little argumentation, but playing the snobbish Brit, that's all you can. It would be understandable, if the Terminus-folks act very revengeful against their former oppressors, but the whole let's luring people to our place and then eat them is - as Knight of Heaven said - a sensationalist cliche.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moorish guy View Post
    He (Bob) was obviously bitten and left the group to succumb and die on his own.
    That's what I thought, but how come he didn't turn? In the time it took them to knock him out, carry him far enough away to be safe, cut off his leg and cook it. That has to be 4-5 hours and that's after he's been walking around all afternoon....

Denny Crane!'s Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Here we go again. Little argumentation, but playing the snobbish Brit, that's all you can. It would be understandable, if the Terminus-folks act very revengeful against their former oppressors, but the whole let's luring people to our place and then eat them is - as Knight of Heaven said - a sensationalist cliche.
    I think you need to go back and reread the comment you think was supporting your case, it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    That's what I thought, but how come he didn't turn? In the time it took them to knock him out, carry him far enough away to be safe, cut off his leg and cook it. That has to be 4-5 hours and that's after he's been walking around all afternoon....
    I think that crazy Dr.Guy from the end of season 1 mentioned how the death from the bite could take up to 12 hours or something.
    I check into small hotel a few kilometers from Kiev. It is late. I am tired. I tell woman at desk I want a room. She tells me room number and give key. "But one more thing comrade; there is one room without number and always lock. Don't even peek in there." I take key and go to room to sleep. Night comes and I hear trickling of water. It comes from the room across. I cannot sleep so I open door. It is coming from room with no number. I pound on door. No response. I look in keyhole. I see nothing except red. Water still trickling. I go down to front desk to complain. "By the way who is in that room?" She look at me and begin to tell story. There was woman in there. Murdered by her husband. Skin all white, except her eyes, which were red. I tell her I don't give a . Stop the water trickling or give me refund. She gave me 100 ruble credit and free breakfast. Such is life in Moscow

It's not really a sensationalist cliche. It's pretty smart. Luring people in with a facade(and reality depending on your choice) and then giving them that choice. Join or die. It's how they kept their work force up and kept themselves fed.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

IronBrig4's Avatar Good Matey

I know what's gonna happen next.

HUGE COMIC SPOILER!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Tainted meat! Tainted meat! Hahahahaha! TAINTED MEAT!
    Last edited by IronBrig4; October 21, 2014 at 02:38 PM.

Under the patronage of Cpl_Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by IronBrig4 View Post
    I know what's gonna happen next.

HUGE COMIC SPOILER!
    Tainted meat! Tainted meat! Hahahahaha! TAINTED MEAT!
    You can even see when he kicks him in the preview for the next episode

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

Oh, neat, they actually killed off (what was shaping up to be) a major villain in three episodes. I figured that'd last at least half the season. I'm happy so far. Let's just hope they keep up the momentum and don't stop anywhere for too long again.

We also saw a character die peacefully in bed. That's probably the first time it's happened on the show.

"Eugene move it."

"I don't...I don't want to.."

"Now *grrrr*"

"Okay"

Also, T-Dawg 3 down.
    Last edited by DarthShizNit; October 28, 2014 at 10:21 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hastings View Post
    Oh, neat, they actually killed off (what was shaping up to be) a major villain in three episodes. I figured that'd last at least half the season. I'm happy so far. Let's just hope they keep up the momentum and don't stop anywhere for too long again.
    Trailers suggest a major detour while we find out what happened to Beth. Maybe they'll come up with something we haven't seen before in every post apocalyptic yadda yadda.. Maybe not..

KEA's Avatar Senator

I am very happy that they solved this early on. Those cannibals were over the top for me (even though it is a show about dead humans eating the living).

Azog 150's Avatar Civitate

Got to say I enjoyed the last one

Those executions at the end were suitably brutal. Its things like that that make them much more believable as survivors.

One question; I can't quite remember what was supposed to have happened to Daryl and Carol? Did they just drive off to try and find Beth?
    Under the Patronage of Jom!

Not sure if it's a spoiler as it happened in the last episode, but to answer your question Azog...

Yes, Daryl saw the car that Beth was kidnapped in at the end of the last series drive past so him and Carol left to follow after it in the car they found by the side of the road.

Death by lollipop jar. That's a new one and I can't wait for the next episode.