Page 191 of 191 FirstFirst ... 91 141 166 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191
Results 3,801 to 3,820 of 3820

Thread: The Walking Dead: TV Series (Comic spoilers in tags with warning)

DarthShizNit's Avatar Sagittarius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: The Walking Dead: TV Series (Comic spoilers in tags with warning)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    We just can't have too many black people on this show.
    They call me...Captain Laid(TM)!!!!

There used to be an awesome quote here, but 9 months latter it was declared against the TOS, so here's a link to amazing Synth Wave music instead:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLzjm9E1hwg

MacCarthy's Avatar Signifer
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by DarthShizNit View Post
    We just can't have too many black people on this show.

Yeah three of the male gender was just too crowded for casting.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Artifex

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Why do that.

Artifex

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

- Anyone still watching..?

Last episode, a lot of scenes depicting the group in a desperate place with no food and very little water, exhausted, hope fading, too much time to dwell on the loss of the recently departed. One good scene with walkers and one terrible 'someone putting everyone else in jeopardy' scene. Dialogue went from just bad to wtf. They'd have been better off not having any dialogue at all.

'We are the walking dead' - an iconic line from the comics. In the show Rick delivers (another) life affirming speech about living and not dyeing and surviving and not giving up ect ect, which is fine, Rick has to keep the group together, but they **** this up by clumsily having Daryl reply and then go further by having Rick reply in what becomes one of those horrible took it to far moments.

Rick - We are the walking dead.
    Daryl - We ainít them.
    Rick - We ainít them.
    Rick - We ainít them...

Azog 150's Avatar Civitate
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I actually really liked this episode. This is more of what I expect from a show about people surviving an apocalypse. Not rubbish soap-opera drama, but pure desperation and for once a feeling that the group is really on the edge. They did a great job making the group look ragged and famished:

and Daryl breaking down into tears was hard hitting

I agree about the dialogue though. The most powerful scenes were when there was nothing being said at all, they were just trudging along looking all weary. It might lack the 'drama' of other episodes, but that to me isn't necessarily a bad thing.

It kind of reminded me of The Road, in which significant portions of the film were spent in silence, which adds to the bleakness of the situation. Sometimes dialogue just isn't needed. And The Road was one hard hitting film (or book, although I never read it).
    Under the Patronage of Jom!

Artifex

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Azog 150 View Post
    I actually really liked this episode. This is more of what I expect from a show about people surviving an apocalypse. Not rubbish soap-opera drama, but pure desperation and for once a feeling that the group is really on the edge. They did a great job making the group look ragged and famished:

and Daryl breaking down into tears was hard hitting

I agree about the dialogue though. The most powerful scenes were when there was nothing being said at all, they were just trudging along looking all weary. It might lack the 'drama' of other episodes, but that to me isn't necessarily a bad thing.

It kind of reminded me of The Road, in which significant portions of the film were spent in silence, which adds to the bleakness of the situation. Sometimes dialogue just isn't needed. And The Road was one hard hitting film (or book, although I never read it).
    There was an episode awhile back where they were on foot cutting their way through undergrowth, hungry, without water, running from walkers, very similar to this one. I agree there should be more focus on the desperation of their world rather than only when they're filling the gaps between meeting new people (who invariably want to kill them).

MacCarthy's Avatar Signifer
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

My take on the last episode. "That's one well made barn."
    Guess some symbolism of the group coming together to fight back against this new world.
    Pushing them back with help of some divine intervention.

LaMuerte's Avatar Hastatas Posterior
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

It is becoming very difficult to predict where they are going with this show. Glad they don't strictly follow the comic book scenario.

Major spoiler here , don't read unless you've read all the comics:

Kinda participating some very heavy . Glenn picking up that baseball bat kinda forebodes his death. Which will have a huge shock effect on the audience , kinda like the effect the Red Wedding from Game of Thrones had on its audience. Glenn has been there since day one , he's a likeable... Can't wait for Megan to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by MacCarthy View Post
    My take on the last episode. "That's one well made barn."
    Had me laugh out loud. Yeah , the whole storm scene felt terribly awkward.
    Last edited by LaMuerte; February 18, 2015 at 12:48 PM.

Moorish guy's Avatar Pili Posterior
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lol whose Megen? i didn't see the last episode but the season opener was a farce this show is really going down hill....
    I check into small hotel a few kilometers from Kiev. It is late. I am tired. I tell woman at desk I want a room. She tells me room number and give key. "But one more thing comrade; there is one room without number and always lock. Don't even peek in there." I take key and go to room to sleep. Night comes and I hear trickling of water. It comes from the room across. I cannot sleep so I open door. It is coming from room with no number. I pound on door. No response. I look in keyhole. I see nothing except red. Water still trickling. I go down to front desk to complain. "By the way who is in that room?" She look at me and begin to tell story. There was woman in there. Murdered by her husband. Skin all white, except her eyes, which were red. I tell her I don't give a . Stop the water trickling or give me refund. She gave me 100 ruble credit and free breakfast. Such is life in Moscow

mrmouth's Avatar flaxen haired argonaut
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I'm still watching this kind like I kept watching Lost. Although I'm excited to see who that new guy is. Imagine I will be disappointed shorty after...
    What this party lacks is the civilizing influence of women.

Niles Crane's Avatar Tribunus Augusticlavii
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Apparently Twitter has exploded in anger over the introduction of two gay characters.

Also, has Maggie's accent changed again?

Artifex

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Pretty good episode this week. More walkers, less philosophy.

Knight of Heaven's Avatar Auxiliarius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Niles Crane View Post
    Apparently Twitter has exploded in anger over the introduction of two gay characters.

Also, has Maggie's accent changed again?
    It is gay lord week aparently, they did the same thing in black sails.
    I realy dont mind or care about those things, but i feel it is irritating people not wanting to see the shows anymore because of it, or thinking it ruined the shows because of it.
    I think it isnt that important, but whataver.

Artifex

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by NC
    Wasn't the female cop a few episodes back gay? I thought she was..

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    It is gay lord week aparently, they did the same thing in black sails.
    I realy dont mind or care about those things, but i feel it is irritating people not wanting to see the shows anymore because of it, or thinking it ruined the shows because of it.
    I think it isnt that important, but whataver.
    'Gaylord' is kind of offensive, not a term you hear much these days, but still.....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Wasn't the female cop a few episodes back gay? I thought she was..
    Yep. But lesbians are one thing.... while two men?

That is the audiences for you unfortunaly.

Gaylord' is kind of offensive, not a term you hear much these days, but still.....
    ok... i have no ideia.

Artifex

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Yep. But lesbians are one thing.... while two men? That is the audiences for you unfortunaly..
    Oh and the girl who was with the Guvnor's group and is now in Rick's group, is gay.. I forgot about her.

Things I didn't like about this episode.
    Apple sauce: if a man with a big gun and crazy eyes says taste the apple sauce, I would taste the apple sauce.
    Magic car wash: The big white RV was behind Rick's car when they first hit the horde, but when you see it in the ally it looks clean.
    Children playing: Rick says he doesn't know what will convince him to go into Alexandria, the sound of kids playing apparently. Sounds that would attract walkers, which Aaron had already mentioned.
    Oh look what I found: We see rick searching the car, but he missed the big listening device!!
    Questions: Like, who built the fifteen foot high steel wall your community lives behind. ?
    Lastly: Aaron is just too disarming....

DarthShizNit's Avatar Sagittarius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Yep. But lesbians are one thing.... while two men?

That is the audiences for you unfortunaly.
    Lesbians= totes okay cause Hawt

Guys= Ew no, godless audience.
    They call me...Captain Laid(TM)!!!!

There used to be an awesome quote here, but 9 months latter it was declared against the TOS, so here's a link to amazing Synth Wave music instead:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLzjm9E1hwg

Niles Crane's Avatar Tribunus Augusticlavii
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Gaylord was a perfectly acceptable term for someone when I was in primary school!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Niles Crane View Post
    Gaylord was a perfectly acceptable term for someone when I was in primary school!
    Im pretty sure when i was in primary school, no one knew what gaylord meant, or what a gay meant back then.
    Not that any kid in primary school spoke english anyway.

Today things are different though.

At any case i didnt meant any offense by it, i was been descriptive, and playfull of the coincidental events on this two TV shows, on the same week.

Lesbians= totes okay cause Hawt

Guys= Ew no, godless audience.
    Pretty much. At same time, those same people most likely cant wait for the Game of thrones to begin

Walking dead this season has been "decentish", but It always is less entertaining, when they are camping or settling in.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; February 24, 2015 at 02:38 AM.

John Doe's Avatar Pili Prior
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

To be fair, despite being in a post apocalyptic world, Aaron manages to be very well groomed, even while following the group for several days.