Thread: The Walking Dead: TV Series (Comic spoilers in tags with warning)

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Walking Dead: TV Series (Comic spoilers in tags with warning)

The reverend is a fairly clumsy attempt to deal with religion in the post apocalypse world. He burned his collar when he was on the road with Rick's group but now he's found a semblance of the old world he's put on another one to try to fit in. He is the snake in Deanna's Eden. I don't think they should kill him off just yet, he could be a great love to hate character.

John Doe's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    The reverend is a fairly clumsy attempt to deal with religion in the post apocalypse world.
    Yeap, Christianity is going to be a hard sell:
    "Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them." John 6:56
    The afterlife isn't really worth it anymore.
    Jesus was the first reported case of zombiism.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by John Doe View Post
    Jesus was the first reported case of zombiism.
    Lazarus, no?

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

The ending was pretty sick. That was one hell of a sucker punch.

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Michonne needs to go. You can't do to Rick by any means.

So I pretty much gave up after 3rd season. Is it worth trying to catch up or is it the same rinse-repeat of the group getting into unbelievable situations where Rick makes some absolutely stupid decisions, etc etc?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTREtm View Post
    So I pretty much gave up after 3rd season. Is it worth trying to catch up or is it the same rinse-repeat of the group getting into unbelievable situations where Rick makes some absolutely stupid decisions, etc etc?
    I suspect binge watching a season (or two) would make it seem better than it is. On the other hand it might force you to notice how bad some elements are.

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

I'm curious who are the wolves and why are they doing those stuff and what's the motive exactly?.

There was an article pointing out the science of decay. The article pointed out how the show tried to present the level of decay getting worse with each season. It suggested that the show had little over a year before the walkers deplete all their flesh making them unable to walk. This would mean that the majority of the walkers would be gone.
    The Armenian Issue

I dont know if anyone has commented yet... but I am currently enjoying this ****ed up episode and I had to pause it to comment my outrage:

Dont read if you dont want to hear something that happened.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I cant believe Glen is getting eaten by zombies. Why? After he tells his girl he loves her and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by MathiasOfAthens View Post
    I dont know if anyone has commented yet... but I am currently enjoying this ****ed up episode and I had to pause it to comment my outrage:

Dont read if you dont want to hear something that happened.
    I cant believe Glen is getting eaten by zombies. Why? After he tells his girl he loves her and everything.
    Give it a few minutes.
    The Armenian Issue

Harry Lime's Avatar Not a ToS violation
    Artifex took an arrow to the knee

Good, not great, final episode. Seemed like they wanted to build up to the next season rather than end on a cliff-hanger.
    Proud Patron of derdrakken, dave scarface, J@mes & irishron
    Indulging in the insight & intelligence of imb39

Goddddddddddddamn that was on the edge of the couch intense.

I was thinking Glenn would die because of how he was talking throughout the show and the lead up to the confrontation. Glad he lived.

Morgan comes in at the last minutes and sees the aftermath. He is a changed man. A kind of holy man. How he thinks of Rick now is interesting.

Soothsayer's Avatar Campidoctor

It was a good episode, Morgan is badass. Rick at the end made a hell of an entrance to the meeting and gave a good speech.

Quote Originally Posted by gastovski View Post
    I'm curious who are the wolves and why are they doing those stuff and what's the motive exactly?.
    I bet they don't even know.
    I WON THIS BATTLE!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Harry
    Good, not great, final episode. Seemed like they wanted to build up to the next season rather than end on a cliff-hanger.
    Definitely.

We'll ignore the guys playing loud music with the flashing lights only herding the walkers they wanted but didn't attract a hoard from outside, yet if you fart in the woods you'll be surrounded in a minute. And that same female walker who's been in every group scene this season [you know the one who's kind of hot in a 90's grunge way] and the walkers outside the car who had almost zero make up so they just looked like drunk teenagers in the background.

Because..

Morgan - shaolin walk the earth like cane from kung-fu makes his return. Last 10 mins or so I was actually feeling the tension.

Also...

Harry Lime's Avatar Not a ToS violation
    Artifex took an arrow to the knee

Looking forward to Fear TWD. The trouble with the ZA is that it's too short (aside from S2 which went on forever) and then you have to wait ages for the next one.

Also

Morgan reminded me of Eli from the film, Book of Eli. With his calm yet deadly demeanour and the whole 'I have a place to go' thing. Wasn't he bat **** crazy the last time we saw him?
    Proud Patron of derdrakken, dave scarface, J@mes & irishron
    Indulging in the insight & intelligence of imb39

Blog Entries

A'yup. The blurb around FTWD says they'll show how the virus started. Looking forward to that, hopefully they show some large scale battles against hordes.

Morgan has been one of the best characters in it, he seems to have been on a similar journey to Rick and come out a zen master. I was hoping for more of his story, maybe an episode of pure Morgan, maybe they'll still do that..

Ï am sure he will get a whole episode recapping his adventure after leaving Rick.

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

Decent finale, still annoying the frequent immensely stupid decisions characters on this show make and more annoying when they come out of it alive. Show is just too predictable.

so, the wolves, pretty obvious they're those dudes that the recruiter guy said they had to kick out early on in Alexandria, now plotting revenge. Though that doesn't account for the Ws on walker heads, well, guess it doesn't account for the Ws on their heads either so maybe they did that to themselves and the walkers they make. Also did they not notice the pile of dead walkers that Darryl left when they opened up that compound? That's a lot of random stragglers they have to replace now.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

I've been binge watching season 5 over the last two days. (I'm on a ski holiday with my parents, not a lot to do m'kay)

Gotta say I loved this season. Lots of varied plots and SO MUCH DEATH. The on screen kill count for this show is off the charts. Honestly I feel kinda messed up and paranoid right now, which means the show did it's job. Especially the terminus arc was bloody messed up. Sad about Beth's death since I kinda liked the girl. She seemed like my type (The actor is like 30, don't judge me) Also the end arc at the sanctuary was kinda a nice relief considering how messed up the rest of the season have been (i imagine it could be boring if you watched on a weekly basis, but since I saw it all in one go it was more of a continuous story with a let down in tension towards the end) Also the show don't have main characters that annoy me any more like many earlier characters have (lookin at you, DALE, Andrea and Chreyl) I kinda like or dislike every member of the group now for the right reasons. (Ie the one the show is going for)

Sad about the rapid death of the T-Dog replacements (we're at nr #5 now?) And damn if the show was not approaching 'The Road' levels of ed up before they got to the sanctuary.

The show lost me at the end of season 4 when they were mostly just moping about in the wilderness. But now I'm on again. Gj TWD.
    Last edited by Påsan; April 01, 2015 at 07:53 PM.