Page 56 of 62 FirstFirst ... 6314647484950515253545556575859606162 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1232

Thread: Unit Suggestions (pre version 4 - now redundant)

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Golog View Post
    I'm wondering if it is likely that V4 units will have variations withing their weapon and shield models. As things stand in this and many modules, we have units where there are many variations in the models and textures of the individual soldiers, but practically no variations in the weapons and shields. Each soldier assembles his own outfit and armor, but they all use the exact same model of weapon. It might be worthwhile to have soldiers with slightly varying models and shapes of their weapons and shields within units, or even for a unit type to contain a variety of different weapons, like a unit of blunt weapons containing men armed with different makes of maces, cudgels, and morningstars, as well as a mix of round and kite shields, which would give them quite a bit of extra variety.
    That is currently done for the cadwr units (to represent the both the gael and chiv influences upon them). It would only really suit 'darkage' factions and they are already all completed for V4, so there will not be any additional units utilising this feature.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Unit Suggestions

Ah. It could perhaps suit Chevaliers, too, and it could definitely suit both Uruks and the Romuli lower-tier units (ie the gladiator units).

Quote Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
    Ah. It could perhaps suit Chevaliers,
    I dont think so

it could definitely suit both Uruks.
    I dont think so

and the Romuli lower-tier units (ie the gladiator units).
    They have all been remodelled and I still dont think so.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstONeill View Post
    there will not be any additional units utilising this feature.
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; June 26, 2012 at 01:23 PM.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone

Alright then, you da boss.

Hello! I have a unit idea for Wotan. I also enjoy playing as the Russian factions in Stainless Steel and thought that some of their units could cross over nicely into Thera. I noticed that Wotan doesn't have any troops with two-handed weapons (except Rohan units) so I think that it would be a good idea to implement something along the lines of Berdiche Axemen or Scandinavian Guard. Or since the only spear units Wotan has range from light to medium maybe you could consider something like the Kievan Palace Guard.

Not sure if V4 still has room for more units due to the unit limit hardcoded into the engine....

Quote Originally Posted by lax15 View Post
    Hello! I have a unit idea for Wotan. I also enjoy playing as the Russian factions in Stainless Steel and thought that some of their units could cross over nicely into Thera. I noticed that Wotan doesn't have any troops with two-handed weapons (except Rohan units) so I think that it would be a good idea to implement something along the lines of Berdiche Axemen or Scandinavian Guard. Or since the only spear units Wotan has range from light to medium maybe you could consider something like the Kievan Palace Guard.
    The wotan are completely rebuilt in V4 and you will be pleased to hear they do have a Berdiche Axemen type unit

Awesome! I can't wait to try them out!

Awesome. Still think redone Dracule will be the best faction though.

The Dracule are probably the faction that I'm looking forwards too most as well, although the Privateers seem like they'll be pretty awesome as well.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Awesome. Still think redone Dracule will be the best faction though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Leonidas View Post
    The Dracule are probably the faction that I'm looking forwards too most as well, although the Privateers seem like they'll be pretty awesome as well.
    Tee hee. Hee hee.

If only you knew

Yeah, Dracule and Privvies are the ones I'm looking toward, though prettier Romuli and more Celtic Gaels are also awesome.

>privvies

>Privvies

>Privvies

Yaaarrgh, shiver me timbers, what manner of whelp calls us this silly name!?

-BLAM-

I do, Fleet Admiral of the Faustian Kaiser's Own Fleet!

I think The Holy Pilgrim's posts are the new Great Torment

^ THIS MAN GETS A REP

Kabeloko's Avatar Biarchus

Hey everyone, i woud like to make a suggestion if you dont mind...

Ive been playing with the Tahar these days, and noticed the unit "tahar infantry" uses the models from the vanilla urban militia, wich is cool...

In Eras total conquest mod, the "african bodyguard" is the vanilla latinikon with moorish colors... so i realised we could make an silver upgrade for tahar infantry with that model, to give it something more "elite" looking like inf, beside immortals, without costing another unit slot...

If i had milkshape, i would do it myself, removing the lance "it was a cav bodyguard" and adding the right shield "it has a round one" but as i dont, i will just leave as a suggestion here...

Maybe this moddel could be implemented as a tahar non family member bodyguard too, it can be done by the battle_models.txt and some adaptations, but it wont have the "lance" animation, so it will need a custom longer spear then the vanilla one to look cool.

My last idea is putting some different models for those guys in the back of the elephants, something more royal looking; could be immortals with another weapon.

Thanks for the attention and sorry for my english, i was in a rush.

Edit: just remembered, for the gaellic factions, you can take the highland nobles body, and give it as an mail upgrade for those highlanders and their pike counterparts(forgot their names), but keeping their heads original, so they dont look noblish; maybe even taking off their gloves.

I dont remember if Ostmen has an silver upgrade, but if not, you can take gwent raiders upgraded armor from britannia campaign and give them.

Edit2: Numari cav and Numari swordsmen dont have the padded upgrade as the spearmen and bowman, this can be easily done by just replacing weapons on milkshape, then doing the texting part.
    Last edited by Kabeloko; November 01, 2012 at 11:40 AM.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

If this is still active, how about pike phalanx to Romuli, maybe as AoR in their home area? It would be pretty awesome...

All the units that will be in V4 are all ready chosen and implemented in the beta, so no extra units are being added at this point.

aww pity, spartan phalanx would be awesome unit to use together with legions.