Page 55 of 62 FirstFirst ... 530454647484950515253545556575859606162 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1232

Thread: Unit Suggestions (pre version 4 - now redundant)

Default Re: Unit Suggestions

How about giving some factions a fire ship? It would make sense for the romuli, since they get the purgationes. Also it would give them some more "fire"power, get it

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Considering the limited actual use of ships, ie, no actual onscreen naval battles in MTWII, another ship would not be the best use of limited EDU slots

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

Could we simply edit the name of an existing ship? I forget how many ships the Romuli get.

Ships could reasonably be reduced to just one ship type per culture, which one simply masses up to create strong fleets. Renaissance factions in particular have no need of second-tier ships, as their first-tier carrack is already stronger than any ship of any other culture.

There will no changes to ships.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstONeill View Post
    Awww... I just had the best idea. Just give all factions one ship e.g. fireship for the Romuli. But give the weaker ships a fast recruitment time and the ones with cannons a long recruitment time.

But oh well...

I like Golog's idea better. Really no need for cogs AND holks, or galleys AND war galleys, and freeing those slots would allow fire ships for the Romuli and some kind of canoe for meso factions.

Just an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstONeill View Post

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

You all just got served.

You can simply take a ship you don't need (like Cog or whichever), remove ownership from it for all factions except Romulii and then rename it into "fire ship" and adjust the stats as you see fit. The fire ship unit card could be copied from vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
    You can simply take a ship you don't need (like Cog or whichever), remove ownership from it for all factions except Romulii and then rename it into "fire ship" and adjust the stats as you see fit. The fire ship unit card could be copied from vanilla.
    Well, it was more of an idea to free up some unit slots really.

Idea: Replace the Hounds of Culaan with GIANT WAR BADGERS. After all, badgers are apart of Irish mythology, and one folklore hero gets scolded for killing them
    "Romans, Senators, friends. Latium is firmly under the rule of the Senate and People of Rome. The Latin people are now one. Not since noble Brutus drove out the last king have we known such a glorious day. But now my friends, in this our of glory we must be on our guard! To the south, treacherous Greeks and Samnites block our trade. Tarquinii grows beneath a tryrant's heel. That tyrant threatens Rome! Will we abandon Tarquinii? And now Barbarians raid from the North, burning and pillaging Roman lands. Shall we let dager fester and grow? Or will we at as Romans with courage and dignity? Remember we are the Sons of Mars! As Senate leader I call upon tribunes Gaius Julius and Decius Brutus to smash the Gauls and releave Tarquinii. All those in favor say I!

<~~~~ Looks for the trash bin, . I wont be investing the time required to make a badger model, it would take me years !!

Eohelm's Avatar Semisalis

Even though the time and resources would be impossibly huge, that idea made me laugh my arse off. I'm sorry, that mental image was just too cool to not a least smile at.

Avalonian M@A: Is that what I think it is?
    Other M@A: What?
    M@A 1: Those look like...badgers?
    M@A 2: ...Nah, they're way too big. Have to be dogs or something...
    "Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath."

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

Quote Originally Posted by CommisarCain View Post
    Idea: Replace the Hounds of Culaan with GIANT WAR BADGERS. After all, badgers are apart of Irish mythology, and one folklore hero gets scolded for killing them
    Yay! I finally found out that Narnia is based on Irish Mythology!

No... it's based on Christianity...

Torvus's Avatar Campidoctor

And Celtic Myth, and many other influences.

But mostly Christianity.

kieran12's Avatar Civis

This mod you can increase unit size fairly easily, but any saved game will not load up again. Have to start from beginning again. The max number is 100 i think its hard coded, but every unit in every faction will have 250 units. Be careful you must have a computer and graphics card that is able to handle this.

I'm wondering if it is likely that V4 units will have variations withing their weapon and shield models. As things stand in this and many modules, we have units where there are many variations in the models and textures of the individual soldiers, but practically no variations in the weapons and shields. Each soldier assembles his own outfit and armor, but they all use the exact same model of weapon. It might be worthwhile to have soldiers with slightly varying models and shapes of their weapons and shields within units, or even for a unit type to contain a variety of different weapons, like a unit of blunt weapons containing men armed with different makes of maces, cudgels, and morningstars, as well as a mix of round and kite shields, which would give them quite a bit of extra variety.