Page 29 of 62 FirstFirst ... 419202122232425262728293031323334353637383954 ... LastLast

Thread: Unit Suggestions (pre version 4 - now redundant)

Daraunon's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Unit Suggestions

IIRC the Kaiser Pikes DO sport a cuirass when armor upgraded,haven't played with them for a long time though.

A new texture for the Line Infantry is surely worth a shot(forgive the pun).

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Quote Originally Posted by Massive_attack View Post
    TFON, I know its probably heresy to even mention this, but will the Faustian line infantry texture be getting updated ? In particular, I think a seperate one should be made for the kaisers pikemen, with a simple faustian cuirass (with embroidery) and maybe arm-guards. I could do it, but you seem sensitive over such things.

Dont get the wrong idea, I like the texture- it serves its purpose nobly. I just thought maybe it could spruced up a tad ? Some more details added, that sort of thing.

They (the Faust) will prob be the last faction to be touched in the V4 overall, as they probably need the least attention. At this point I have given them no thought (still to much to do before them). Since the Line infantry are supposed to be the run of the mill troops types they should not be too fancy (IMO) but the skin may be cleaned up a little, certainly a new normal map will be made. The Kasiers Pike are an elite, so they may become a little more fancy

Any additions to the Faust will be done 'inteam', as a key faction for the mod I want to keep control of their direction.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Massive_attack's Avatar Campidoctor
    Citizen

Perfectly understandable. I just like those troops and want to see them look a little more unique.

Perfectly understandable. I just like those troops and want to see them look a little more unique.
    I know mate, and I appreciate the offer

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone

Citizen

Besides. This way I can focus on the barka
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; April 18, 2011 at 02:18 PM.

Besides. This way I can focus on the barka
    That's lovely,I'm really looking forward to that,Syrianna may become the next step in my campaign.

Talking about that...will the Pale Knights units have access to plate armor in v4?Just curious...

Suggestion: a fanatical heavy infantry unit for the Sycorax nation wearing bone armour, and have a buffalo skull as face mask (scares the crap out of me). Maybe arming them with large, two-handed spiked clubs. Intimidates other infantry. Can chant.

There could be made a piece of lore for this unit, like originating from some warrior cult or something.

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

How about using the svard man, spyd man, and cadwyr unit models for some dark ages gaelic, avalon, and valhalla units?

Aside from that, are the Dracule becoming actual ren, or are they becoming like Vlad Dracula's Wallachia? I'd like Wallachia better, that's why I ask.

I think that Avalon would have little to do with dark ages unit,but the others are a possibility worth considering,unless there are other plans for them in v4,of course.

As I understand it,the Dracule should be definitely more advanced. They were described as pre-renn,whatever that means(still unclear to me,to be honest). Anyway you can expect some renn troops,the revamped Blood Knights and Winged Hussars(YAY!).

Yeah, I just think that arthurian should be dark age...

Yay!

Also, perhaps a frankish axe thrower for BC? Or some 1600s units for Avalon and BCs?

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Agamemnon♔ View Post

Yay!

Also, perhaps a frankish axe thrower for BC? Or some 1600s units for Avalon and BCs?
    Having units in based on soldiers in the 1600's would put them more into the Renaissance era than the Chivalric time period.

The Chivalric era is usually classified as the 11th-15th (beginning of the Crusades to the Discovery of the New World) centuries and the Renaissance era being 15th-18th (Age of Colonization to the Age of Revolution) centuries
    Last edited by The Holy Pilgrim; May 01, 2011 at 03:50 PM.

Yay!

You dont seem to grasp the concept that in Thera factions represent not only countries but set periods in time too. Each faction is trapped in its own little era, 1600s units for Avalon or BC would make no sense.

But it would be so cool...
    Oh well.

But it would be so cool...
    Oh well.
    No it wouldnt it would be the vanilla game. Each faction having a few units from each era. What makes Thera different is that you get to fight factions from different eras against each other

True, very true.

Conchubhair's Avatar Tiro

I Was looking at the loading theme(the one with the Urak slaughtering priests) and had a really nice thought.

Papal unit - Inquisition Houseguard - Uraks Raised and taken from a young age to be instilled with loyalty and Unyielding Devotion to the Inquisitor, Gleaming white armor with a silver and gold Crussifix embliesed on thier chest and given massive Helbard axes. A whole foot above the tallest man and truely a sight to behold

and maybe a varient for the pale knights - Inquisitions Fist
    'Tis hard to hold a couger by the tail.
    Alt+F4 because life is full of surprises

Thats an interesting idea, but I just couldnt see the Inquistion using non-human troops.

Citizen

I liked that unit idea, mainly because it works for two factions, the inquisition and PK's, and maybe could be added to other factions via the huge cathedral recruitment ques (requiring 90% catholicism in the region) and maybe limited to only a few factions (avalon, BC's, perhaps the valiente ?)

But I dont really like the uruk slant. How about this ?

Make them Paladins. Kind of like ascended crusader knights that join a sacred sect dedicated to defending the church. They act as immortals for the muslim factions, only harder to get. They could have 2 hp !

If we end up up free slots after all the required units are made it could be looked into. It would be considered as a luxury addition though, as I think the knightly orders pretty much have that kind of roster position covered already.

Citizen

Yeah, thats true TFON. In my mind it sounds like a purely rule of cool unit anyway, like praetorian flamethrowers.