Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Player quotes

FabianScarus's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Player quotes

"You really think that your 'Sun God' can stand to us? We are the Reich! We pioneers in science and knowledge, our power is everything compared your little wooden sticks!"

~Fabian Scarus, leader of the Reich, 222 ST

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: Thera continents based on real continents?

"It matters not what technology the Reich invents, what armored beasts the Lao Che tame, what gods those Catholic dogs pray to, or what kinds of monstrosities the Dominion broods. They do not have the Legions of Caesar! And without the Legions, you are doomed to fail. And fail you shall under the boot of the Romuli!"

~The Holy Pilgrim, Consul of War in the Romuli Senate, 225 ST

Torvus's Avatar Campidoctor

Hail Caesar Victorious! (makes me want to sail the Legions to the Faustian lands)

Massive_attack's Avatar Campidoctor
    Citizen

"Well i dont think that the reichs very impressive, just look at there silly little toy soldiers and wimpy canno-"
    -Last words of an unknown soldier, first regiment, famed "redshirt-brigade" of a forgotten principality south of the reich.

"Iron within, iron without ! May our foes pray for a quick death from the iron without, for the stuff within is far more fierce."
    -Marshall Krieger, when asked if his line infantry were practical or if they would break in melee.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Isn't "Iron Within, and Iron Without" a motto of one of the original 20 Space Marine Legions. After a couple seconds of research I have found out that I am correct, that is the motto of the Iron Warriors; HERETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Heresy Shall, and Will, be purged.
    Except in my Faustian Reich

Massive_attack's Avatar Campidoctor
    Citizen

*pause* Wait, how did this thread turn into faustian reich quotes ?

*blink*

Not even romuli fans are this weird

Sanguinary Guardian's Avatar Primicerius

"...kiss the children and write me back, will you? I 'll be home soon, my love"
    Blood spattered letter in German, found by a Faustian Patrol pinned on a tree near Neuwelt. No bodies were recovered...

H ΕΛΛΑΔΑ κι ο ΕΛΛΗΝΙΣΜΟΣ είναι αξίες ιερότερες από οποιαδήποτε ειρήνη!

Despite all we have lost so far, our fire still burns...

Yuko's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Thera continents based on real continents?/User Quotes

The Iron Fist of the Reich will crush all barbarians, the legions fall before me, the Lao che bow to me, the Uruks are all dead and the Inquisitor is hiding in his castle, for all of them have seen the Wrath of the Imperial Army.

Kaiser Wilhelm the Conqueror-300St

i win cookie now?

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Default Re: Player quotes

Threads split

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

"These two despicable nations have brought the wrath of, not only the great Reich, but half of Ibellica down upon them. The Teutonic's may be close brethren of ours, but from this day forth they will always be looked upon as enemies. The cursed Jarls will also receive our wrath. Verstov will be despoiled no longer by the Order nor the Jarls. From this day forth we will take the fight to the Order, and, God willingly, will obliterate the Order in its entirety. Next we will take the fight to the Jarls. Rest assured my nobles, the conquest of Ibellica will not be delayed because of this setback."
    -Kaiser Wilhelm before the conquest of Machiavelli

"Caesar shall not suffer the mutant to live. The Uruks will soon live on only in the nightmares of Caesar's children and on the walls of Caesar's enemies!" - Dragos Caesar, Strategos Hadeus, before the second siege of Demos.

"We are strong. We do not run. We are Legion." - motto of the Third Ironclad Legion.

Yuko's Avatar Campidoctor

What? those are the Uruks!? not so Scary from here eh? and they die easily as well.
    Olbrecht Wulf-Imperial Marksmen, seconds after killing a Uruk Warrior with his rifle.

Borissomeone's Avatar Citizen

'Now the wind whispers of war again, the “Torment’ has slowed, swords are readied and fools grin'

From the Histories of Thera.

Under the Patronage of TheFirstONeill.

FabianScarus's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by swordofjanak View Post
    Isn't "Iron Within, and Iron Without" a motto of one of the original 20 Space Marine Legions. After a couple seconds of research I have found out that I am correct, that is the motto of the Iron Warriors; HERETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Heresy Shall, and Will, be purged.
    Except in my Faustian Reich
    You shout heretic at people your don't like too! Just like me

Citizen

"Come one and all! Listen to the musings of Boris, the great speaker of words, the teller of myths, the master of lore. Please your ears with the soothing graces of his lyrics. Tingle your senses with his masterful use of logic and wit. Cleanse your soul with his wonderous phrases, clauses, and punctuation. Listen to the King of all wordsmiths. Heed his prayers and hark his sayings. For he is the Emperor of Folklore. He is the Prince of Poems. He is the Sultan of Syllables. He is the Duke of Diction. He is the Imperator of Imagery. He is Borissomeone. And his word is all."

~The Holy Pilgrim, follower of the Tales of Thera.

Edit: Forgot to add the speaker
    Last edited by The Holy Pilgrim; September 28, 2010 at 06:19 PM.

Citizen

"It is not the blood-thirsty Kukalcan or the fiendish Callisto you shall praise. Nor is it the radiant Sun Gods or the cross or even the prophet. No, it is the All-Father. He is the one who created all of Thera. He is the one that breathed the very life into our bodies and souls. It is He who created our seas and formed our lands. It is He that brought our very history into reality. He is the one you should praise. He is the one that deserves our blessing. He is the one that should be honored. He is not corrupt like Callisto, nor is he dastardly like Kukalcan. He will not scortch the Earth and boil the seas. He will not ask for blood to be spilt in his name. He is a kind being. A being that is like no other. He is the All-Father, and he is watching. Listening. Protecting."

~Gaelic Wiseman speaking to the tribe's members about the All-Father.

"Bah, All-Father Odin cares not for the weak. He needs only the strong." - Rothger of Ravensbørg, skald of Valhalla.

"What are these beasts with the black skin and the strange tongue?" "They are the children of the Jøtuns who will devour the world at Ragnarok." - conversation between two Jarls during the siege of Tønder.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Torvus View Post
    "Bah, All-Father Odin cares not for the weak. He needs only the strong." - Rothger of Ravensbørg, skald of Valhalla.
    I don't know if this was a reply to my two previous quotes, but they were both directed towards two very influencial members here on the Thera boards. I'm sure you can figure out the first one, but you have to know Thera jargon in order to know who I'm talking about in the latter one.

oh no, I know exactly who your quotes were directed at. I just like Viking lore and they often refer to Odin as the All-father.

Citizen

Ah, I see

Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast